First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

I can't believe they can actually do that...I hope your husband can help you out.

Knit & bright sounds like everything is going great. I hope I respond like that too. So far after 4 nights I felt not much discomfort. Maybe that will change tomorrow after tonight's dose.

Terri when you said riding I thought you meant horse!!! I love to ride but could to imagine being on a horse while stimming. Imagine????

Erin here's to hoping for that natural bfp! It's what happens when you're not paying attention that can be the best outcome!!

Beagle I'm so excited for your appt. You are in great shape to start this. Attitude is evertything.

Happy Hump Day!

jkb/knitgirl/brighteyez-Great updates from all of you.

BabyW-No, motorcycle riding. I haven't been on a horse in such a long time. I wanted to do it on our honeymoon, but I thought the guy offering it was a scammer, so we shied against it. Plus, the beach was calling anyway! Sorry about your company. I think you should try to go elsewhere where it's not so cutthroat. Is it worth staying?

Amy-Power through. You can do it!

ERose-I, too, am loving your chart. :kiss:

beaglemom-I'm not worried about people touching my stomach. I'm very anti-touch except for high fives, so I will quickly step away, or swat their hand. I have no problem doing that.

kfs1-I see you on so many threads, I just talk to you wherever. Hope all is going well.

Terri - I know! We're on so many boards together - we get arooound. :) Terrrriii's baaaack. Yay! I'm happy that you're happy and ready to go again. Your doctor sounds too funny. Oh, and I can't wait to hear about you slapping people's hands away when your pregnant. :)

Babywhisperer - whoa, whoa, whoa. How can your company do that? That sounds completely illegal to me. I'm glad that you have your husband to back you up though. Sheesh. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this stress - especially in the middle of your IVF. Would you be OK financially if you decided to leave there?

Amy - It's funny that you should mention having headaches and being tired. I had a headache all day yesterday and fell asleep on my couch at 7:30! My husband was out at a school function and came home around 8:30 and I was seriously in the deepest sleep - like I felt drugged when I woke up.

Erin- I'm going in every other day at this point. How's it going today?

Beagle - Hope your belly feels better.

Menopur SUCKS everyone. It burns so freakin' bad. The Gonal-F pen is nuthin. In other news, my hot water heater started leaking so I'm working from home today (with no water/flushing toilet) to monitor it so it doesn't flood my basement. We turned the water off but there's still a leak from one of the pipes. Hopefully we can get the new one in tonight!

jkb/knitgirl/brighteyez-Great updates from all of you.

BabyW-No, motorcycle riding. I haven't been on a horse in such a long time. I wanted to do it on our honeymoon, but I thought the guy offering it was a scammer, so we shied against it. Plus, the beach was calling anyway! Sorry about your company. I think you should try to go elsewhere where it's not so cutthroat. Is it worth staying?

Amy-Power through. You can do it!

ERose-I, too, am loving your chart. :kiss:

beaglemom-I'm not worried about people touching my stomach. I'm very anti-touch except for high fives, so I will quickly step away, or swat their hand. I have no problem doing that.

kfs1-I see you on so many threads, I just talk to you wherever. Hope all is going well.

We'll see what shakes out. The business has become extremely competitive and shady. The grass isn't really any greener anywhere. Just have to keep my chin up and not let the man get me down.

Wow, BabyW, I'm really sorry you're dealing with that at work right now, at the same time as IVF. I'm really happy your DH is an attorney, because I agree with the others, that it sounds completely illegal. Or maybe it's just because of the environment I've been working in for so long... my company is extremely cautious about that kind of stuff, and there's no question of what our benefits are. What about if you called your HR dept??

kfs, I'm so sorry the menopur is burning so badly! Did you try our trick and let it sit around for a while before injecting? That seemed to help a lot for me. I would mix it first, then just set it aside while I was doing my other injections. Sorry about your water heater! I hate when stuff like that happens around the house, urg!

terri, i can totally envision you slapping someone's hand away, hahah! :haha:

beagle, is your stomach feeling any better today??

Amy, are you feeling any better today, or about the same?

Booger!!! Come back!!!! hee hee.

kfs1-Glad you get to work from home, but sucky that your water heater is on the fritz. I hate when house stuff breaks because it's money I didn't intend on spending. Hopefully it's fixed soon so you can watch People's Court and Steve Harvey show (?) hee hee. Daytime tv is terrible.

Book club updates-How are you ladies coming along with Gone Girl? HURRY!!!! hee hee. Did I tell you my new book is called Cutting for Stone, and I can't find enough time to read it. I was on hold with insurance today and there I was reading my book and listening to the elevator music in the background. HA!!HA!!

Man....I'm so mad...I just posted a long post and it vanished into thin air....ARgh! Well, I'll try to re-post a little later! Hope everyone is well!

Man....I'm so mad...I just posted a long post and it vanished into thin air....ARgh! Well, I'll try to re-post a little later! Hope everyone is well!

Hi LadySosa, happy to see you post!! :flower: Sorry you lost your long post though, I hate when that happens, its such a pain to re-type!!

Hope all else is well!

I'm super crampy today. I started noticing some last night, but today is worse, and it feels like AF is coming any time now. I suppose it could arrive tomorrow or the next day, and I'd just be having an unusually short LP for me. But if that happens, I'm a bit concerned, because I won't have been taking the Lupron long enough to be fully suppressed, I don't think... Who the heck knows. I suppose it could also just be the Lupron making me feel crampy too. I looked at my two other charts when I took it, and I did record some mild cramps around the time of taking it. This time, it just seems SO much like AF cramps. We shall see!

LadySosa-Sorry about the lost post. I was just telling another poster that Ctrl-Z (undo) can be your friend. So whatever you hit or bumped on the computer may be able to be recovered. Hope you're doing ok.

ERose-Interesting...I hope it's not AF.

I called several pharmacies today to find out if my doctor was right about the FET being only "a hundred dollars" and he is right. I found PIO vials for $3.08/vial (a 10cc vial) and this stuff called del-estrogen is $23.08/vial (a 5cc vial). The pharmacy is Accredo. My nurse says that I will only need a couple vials of del-estrogen because the dosage is 0.2cc every third day, and the PIO will be taken every night at 1cc. So...much more reasonable for sure. Freedom pharmacy was charging $40/vial for PIO, and $225/vial for del-estrogen.

Now, I just have to make sure my insurance will let me move forward with FET without having CD3 bloodwork. The nurse feels confident that they will allow it because they are not stimming me, and it's just a frozen cycle. I hope so! I'm read to start doing butt shots full time! :nope:

oh terri, you handle the IM injections way better than i do! I'm a wuss and use the patches, ha! I wonder how much those patches cost at Accredo. Luckily, the patches are my RE's favorite, so I didn't have to feel guilty for not doing the shots, BUT I have to admit, doing a shot every couple of days would certainly be more convenient than eventually getting up to having FOUR patches on my abdomen at one time. I'm just SO bad with the IM injections.:nope: That fat, long-ass needle in my muscle just made me cringe, so it was all mental. Of course, I do whatever is necessary if I have to! (they had me do the PIO for a week during my fresh cycle before letting me switch). But if i don't have to, then halleluja!! hahah

I'm so glad you found them so cheap, that's really awesome! That will really help with this cycle since you're out of drug insurance. Yay!

Great news, Terri. I have to say though that you guys are making me queasy talking about IM injections. :wacko:

Great news, Terri. I have to say though that you guys are making me queasy talking about IM injections. :wacko:

Oh, don't worry kfs! They're not that bad, I doubt most people are as much of a wuss as I am when it comes to those, haha. Moni did the PIO injections for quite a long time, and she handled it just fine! I promise they aren't that bad... they don't hurt going in. For me, it was TOTALLY mental! I could've kept going if I'd absolutely had to, but my RE was ok switching me.

Wow, BabyW, I'm really sorry you're dealing with that at work right now, at the same time as IVF. I'm really happy your DH is an attorney, because I agree with the others, that it sounds completely illegal. Or maybe it's just because of the environment I've been working in for so long... my company is extremely cautious about that kind of stuff, and there's no question of what our benefits are. What about if you called your HR dept??

kfs, I'm so sorry the menopur is burning so badly! Did you try our trick and let it sit around for a while before injecting? That seemed to help a lot for me. I would mix it first, then just set it aside while I was doing my other injections. Sorry about your water heater! I hate when stuff like that happens around the house, urg!

terri, i can totally envision you slapping someone's hand away, hahah! :haha:

beagle, is your stomach feeling any better today??

Amy, are you feeling any better today, or about the same?

We are not a publicly traded company and while HR offered me unsolicited to be covered 100% for my maternity leave, it seems that was not what they intended and want to rewrite history or use it as leverage to get me to sign another contract for 2yrs. Golden handcuffs. This is why women usually leave this business after they have kids.

Moni yeah for a boy!!! They are so much fun!! Congrats Mama!

Jkb that's great 7 frozen already! I did the bulb and nose Frieda with drops and after his bath. He either fights it or let's me do it and laughs. He seems better but still congested but be ate and slept. I need to use the humidifier. I keep forgetting. Too much on my brain.

I will try and get caught up, lots is drama going on in my life right now. Went for acupuncture last night and blood this morning. So far estrogen is over 100 so I am responding well they said. 2 more nights of the same dose and then back for blood on Fri. It's weird but during acupuncture she hooked up this electrode to 2 needles and it feels like shock therapy. It's supposed to give a deeper treatment. I ended up crying during the treatment. She said it was my liver releasing. I've only experienced this during yoga. Work has become such a toxic place. They want me to repay my maternity leave pay for bogus reasons and are trying to force me to sign another 2yr contract. They are holding my paycheck until I sign. I feel like an indentured servant working for no pay! If I don't sign they will fire me without my pay check. If I sign I can't leave for 2yrs and being there while pregnant knowing what they are trying to do with my maternity leave makes me sick. Hubs is a lawyer so he is helping me but I feel violated. I'm being punished for having a baby. They covered my leave and now they want to undo that. It's insane. They are using it to back me into a corner. So hard to work like this and go thru IVF.

That is AWFUL and totally outrageous!!! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that stress right now! :growlmad:

Terri - I know! We're on so many boards together - we get arooound. :) Terrrriii's baaaack. Yay! I'm happy that you're happy and ready to go again. Your doctor sounds too funny. Oh, and I can't wait to hear about you slapping people's hands away when your pregnant. :)

Babywhisperer - whoa, whoa, whoa. How can your company do that? That sounds completely illegal to me. I'm glad that you have your husband to back you up though. Sheesh. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this stress - especially in the middle of your IVF. Would you be OK financially if you decided to leave there?

Amy - It's funny that you should mention having headaches and being tired. I had a headache all day yesterday and fell asleep on my couch at 7:30! My husband was out at a school function and came home around 8:30 and I was seriously in the deepest sleep - like I felt drugged when I woke up.

Erin- I'm going in every other day at this point. How's it going today?

Beagle - Hope your belly feels better.

Menopur SUCKS everyone. It burns so freakin' bad. The Gonal-F pen is nuthin. In other news, my hot water heater started leaking so I'm working from home today (with no water/flushing toilet) to monitor it so it doesn't flood my basement. We turned the water off but there's still a leak from one of the pipes. Hopefully we can get the new one in tonight!

I agree - the Gonal F is the easiest of all of them! I discovered last night that if I inject the Menopur so very slowly, it doesn't burn as much. It takes forever though ...

kfs1-Do you have to do an IM trigger? It seriously wasn't that bad. Remember, I did it while my hubs was at the Ravens game. I think it didn't hurt because I had to do it, and was more nervous than anything. I may change my tune when I have to do them every third day/every day for >8 weeks. hee hee. Oh and knitgirl is right, maybe push the menopur in slowly. It does take a while though but it's better than stinging. I did it slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->