First time moms due in September 2015?

Talking about being impatient.... I found out I was pregnant 5th jan, mid wife appointment was last week but I don't get a confirmation of pregnancy or scan until the 16th February!! I'm tearing my hair out, can't handle all this waiting !

Ahh! I couldn't handle it. I already have a countdown for my scan :) but you should see the appointment as their confidence that you're very healthy and there's nothing to worry about. I had an early scan because we wanted to make sure it wasn't ectopic because of an infection Id had many years ago. That's the only reason I got to see the little dino just yet. can't wait for your scan!!

That's true , had t thought about it like that! Just feel strange making plans and things and talking about having a baby when I haven't had any confirmation apart from a clear blue test to tell me I definatly am! :/ lol

Have you guys told many people? Who have you told and how far along were you ?
When are you going to tell?

I'm not telling untill I get my scan next Thursday. I had an ectopic last time so I want to make sure first. Then I have a plan to tell my parents for their birthdays at the end of February. We'll probably tell DHs family when we celebrate my bday in mid-feb. Since my mom has a big mouth, everyone will know after I tell her :)
I might tell my best friends soon. I just want to be out of this unsure phase. Need that scan!!! Just 7 more days... just 7 more days...

I'm gonna bust. I gotta tell someone!!!

That's true , had t thought about it like that! Just feel strange making plans and things and talking about having a baby when I haven't had any confirmation apart from a clear blue test to tell me I definatly am! :/ lol

Have you guys told many people? Who have you told and how far along were you ?
When are you going to tell?

I feel the exact same way! I have no reason to think that anything is wrong, but I still feel nervous! It doesn't help that I started reading a pregnancy book and the whole first section was on miscarriages. :shock:

We told our parents and siblings and swore them to secrecy for now. We basically told them right away LOL! I've never been the kind to tell my family every little thing, but I feel like I could use the support right now. Hopefully, my worrying is for nothing and we can tell everyone else soon!

We're telling my parents tomorrow. We're having them over for dinner on a ploy that I need to create a time lapse video of people eating dinner for my food creative agency.. so there will be a camera! Ha. I'm making a mushroom bisque and got these little spoons that say grandma & grandpa

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/zkqt7m.jpg

I've told my best friend on the day I got my BFP and a couple other people who just had babies, but I'm keeping it under wraps with my other good friends til we get that scan in two weeks. I'll probably have to tell one of our friends next week when we have a get together and I don't drink at all! She knows we've been trying!

Oh my gosh, how sweet! I absolutely love that idea! Be sure to let us know how they react!

Aww!! That's so great!!! Love it!

I'm planning something similar but later in February. Its both my parents birthdays so I'm gonna get them a card each that says grandma and grandpa and make them open it at the same time.

That was so sweet!! Thanks for sharing! What a great idea!

My DH is super cute at the moment, doing all sorts of house projects. He wants the baby to come home to a house that is ready <3

He's painting and we're having new floors done in most of the house (was already budgeted for, but we're getting the ball rolling sooner!) We're holding off on nursery stuff until I'm further along.

What have you guys been doing to get ready for baby??

Aw dh sounds like he's nesting! Lol. New floors.. Sounds amazing. We need to refinish ours but such mess! And freshly painted walls mmmmmm!! My mom and I started painting the master bedroom a month ago then got tied up with christmas so it's like half painted.. Now she's like I'll finish it by myself so you don't breathe any fumes!! Some perks of preggershood :rofl:

I can't help it, I'm totally already planning the nursery! Actually deciding on the approach will take some time and of course we have all these crazy projects we want to do. Want it to be pin-worthy :D it helps me to focus on baby stuff, otherwise I got nuts and fall down the Google black hole of symptoms and levels and all sorts of things!

That's a great point. The more I focus on happy baby things, the less I focus on all the scary what-if kind of things... Gosh, there are so many of those!

Baby's definitely getting fresh new carpet and happy paint color! I'm thinking we'll go gender neutral on those colors then accessorize like crazy for boy or girl :) So exciting!

I'm excited to do the baby room. DH and I just bought our first house in December. I'm excited to fill it!! I've never been big on neutral colours so I have to wait for the gender to paint :)

Yay! Love nursery stuff!

Did I tell yall we went to our first birthing class tonight?! We want to do bradley only and there's only one class in our area but on the website the classes seemed to drop off after January.. So I emailed and she said she's pregnant so it's the last class! We're the only ones without a bump of course but it went great!

Hey.

Im on my 3rd pregnancy but hoping that this is my take home baby. I had a m/c in 2012 and then had to have a termination for medical reasons in August as our baby had no kidneys and was 'incompatible with life'. As much as i wanted every second with our baby i didn't want it to suffer so made the decision.

Now were here with another surprise baby but im currently in hospital with hyperemisis which is not fun!

Hi littleone. Hope you have your forever baby!!! And sorry you are in the hospital!! Hope you feel better soon!!

We will definitely be taking some classes at some point, as we are totally clueless :shrug: It's an exciting journey, though!

Littleone, wishing you the best of luck this go-around. You've definitely been through enough! Keep us posted as your little bean grows stronger <3

And to everyone, how are you feeling? I've been pretty fatigued and needing a nap every day, but fortunately only a few passing waves of nausea. Other than feeling kind of like a water balloon, I feel pretty good! LOL

I get waves of nausea as well and I get headaches. I'm also tired all the time. I slept 10 hours last night and I'm still tired now :haha:
We're telling DHs parents today :) he bought a cake that says 'Congrats Nan and Pop' They're gonna be soo surprised!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->