First Time Moms...

first timer here...abigail was planned and having a baby has been the only thing missing from my life, wanted a baby for the past ten years...i don;t know whether it was the traumatic labour or what...the responsibility? but i havent 'taken to motherhood' well/easily.

i love my baby and wouldn't wish things were different, but i can't write the things the other girls have written. yet.

that makes me sad.

(sorry mello, to bring your thread down)

Don't be sad.

You said: "You're baby girl was planned" That's great! She's here, that's what matters.

Don't let that quote you made above play into effect "i don;t know whether it was the traumatic labour or what...the responsibility"?

Your baby is your blessing. Despite the fact of whatever is going on in your life, take a look at your baby and say to yourself she's my purpose of being in this world. Say to yourself she's worth living regardless of what you're facing.

You're not the only person going through the trials of life. Everyone has their issues, but unfortunately some has learn to overcome and some didn't.

So, I want to encourage you to be strong and mindful although things aren't the way they should be. Know that every day when you look at your beautiful baby girl she is your prize no matter what.

Don't worry about the comment you made above "i can't write the things the other girls have written. yet."

Everyone is different and they're experiencing many different things that you and I don't even know about.

You hear all the great stories the girls write and probably figure you're not getting the results like them and maybe think something is wrong with you. You may ask yourself, " Why are they so excited and the list goes on....

I say forget about everything and stay focus, think positive and you'll be alright.

Take it one day at a time..

Mello

im a veteren :) - and im finding it tough with 2 little ones but im still coping better than i did when i had rhys (pnd)

I'm a first timer and I love it. I love the feeling I get when I see my LO face in the morning and just seeing him smile. I'm so in love that I already can't wait to do it all over again :blush: Nights are harder then I thought they would be but it's so worth it.

I love Grace to bits. I can't say I'm enjoying motherhood 100% at the moment but I'm just feeling a bit down. But when she smiles and giggles I just think how lucky I am to have such a healthy beautiful little girl :) although I do miss my sleep!

I love Grace to bits. I can't say I'm enjoying motherhood 100% at the moment but I'm just feeling a bit down. But when she smiles and giggles I just think how lucky I am to have such a healthy beautiful little girl :) although I do miss my sleep!

Don't think about sleep.

Your sleeping process for you and the baby will get better.
Mines is starting too. Don't worry.....

Everyone experience this.

Mello

I cant agree with a lot of mums and say it wasnt as hard as they say it is, because I have found motherhood very hard! I love lily so much and would die for her but shes not the easiest baby! None of this is her fault i know but she suffers with terrible wind, she doesnt sleep for more than 2 hours or even 1 during the night before shes up again for food or wind. Its like having a newborn in that respect!

Also shes had some health problems so I havent been able to completely relax with regards to that since she was 20 weeks old inside me!

She also had terrible colic, but with that shes a very smily baby and I just melt and think wow shes bloody beautiful everytime she looks at me!

Don't think about sleep.

Mello

Really is easier said than done Mello! I know one day lily will sleep through the night, but I know its a long way off and I know I personally get a bit grumpy when people say dont worry she'll be sleeping through soon enough! :dohh:

Dont mean to be mean but I thought I would add that bex and mello as thats how I feel when people say that to me and I know everyone has lack of sleep with a baby but it doesnt make it any easier:devil::devil:

Don't think about sleep.

Mello

Really is easier said than done Mello! I know one day lily will sleep through the night, but I know its a long way off and I know I personally get a bit grumpy when people say dont worry she'll be sleeping through soon enough! :dohh:

Dont mean to be mean but I thought I would add that bex and mello as thats how I feel when people say that to me and I know everyone has lack of sleep with a baby but it doesnt make it any easier:devil::devil:

Were you a night owl (meaning staying up most of the time when pregnant )

or you never slept/rest. She may even get the staying up thing from her daddy.

Mello

Some interesting comments in here.

Aeryn is my first.

Although I felt "attached" maternally to Aeryn I didn't feel that I "loved" her for a long time. Not in the way I loved people that I really "knew" if that makes sense. It really bothered me for a long time and i was worried it made me a bad Mum. I wondered if we hadn't bonded properly or something.

I didn't get a rush of love either after the birth, once she was out I just wanted to know she was safe and healthy and that was all I was thinking about (had a difficult labour). I would have done anything for her of course but those early months were horribly hard work and it drove me nuts (and Aeryn wasn't a particularly difficult baby).

But it is different now. I actually love her personality and enjoy her company. She is such a little character, I really love watching her growing up.

The more she started to develop the more I felt "love" over just the maternal need to care for her.

If that's consolation to anyone!

I'm a first timer and I'm loving it. My PND is under control (gotta love prozac) and Charlotte is the best thing that has ever happened to me! It's not the easiest thing I've ever done, but I wouldn't trade her for ANYTHING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->