First Timer looking for others in the first tri to chat

Hi ladies, would love to join in the 1st tri chatter!

DH and I have been married about 3 1/2 years and since 6 months into our marriage we've either been TTC or NTNP. I finished up my second degree in May, so now is the perfect time for baby! We did IVF in July, freeze all with ICSI and PGS. Transferred one in Sept which ended in a chemical (beta rose but never hit 50 by 11dp5dt). Just confirmed a doubling HCG today (349), we are cautiously over the moon!

Funny you should mention the gassiness Angela. I was the last couple days and just thought it was something I ate, but typically with progesterone (I'm on 300 mg suppositories a day and 1 mg PIO shots EOD) I'm super constipated and the last few days have been happy with decent BMs. I was actually nervous today because that's my pattern with AF so was worried my beta today would be bad news.

Congrats MKaykes I have everything crossed that this is your sticky bean x

So how far along are you and when is your possible due date. I did FET too and also ICSI we used a 5dt aswell. Im just like you cautious and trying not to get my hopes up too much only 2 wks and 4d till my first scan so I think I'll feel a little better once I see a heartbeat xx

Have you told anyone, how did DH react to the news and have you got an early reassurance scan xx

The gas seems to have carmed down a bit but Im still constipated and my boobs have become very sensitive x

I'm 4w3d! We're very close for timing! My first scan is on the 27th and feels like forever away!

I think DH forgot about my blood test, didn't ask anything when he got home from work. I told him as soon as we Sat down for dinner. It was fun to kind of surprise him! He was all smiley, and is now all about how I can't so anything requiring any exertion. So, I literally a at and watched him vacuum yesterday, lol! That's a nice change, we'll see how long that lasts.

We told my mom and sister (and her family) yesterday since they were over I wanted to tell them in person. I'll hold off on telling pretty much anyone else but one of my best friends until after the ultrasound and then only closest friends. May expand that after my 2nd ultrasound which will be close to 9 weeks.

We are debating telling DHs family today. We rarely see them all at once and are gathering for his dad's bday and a veterans honor event this afternoon. I hesitate because I don't know if they can keep their mouths shut. And that's like 16 more people who know! My thing at this point is I just want a small number of people I have to tell if anything goes wrong. So, if DH wants to tell his family, he will also be the one to provide updates so I'm leaving it u to him.

Although I'm cautiously excited, I've got a good feeling about things!

Excited to have some first tri buddies!

Im the same as you MKaykes Ive told a handful of people no family apart from my twin sister but thats it last time people knew straight away and it was heartbreaking when I had an MC having to tell every one and also telling everyone when the IVF didnt work so this time we've kept it a secret. Once Ive seen a heartbeat on 28th and everything looks fine and healthy then I may tell close family only. Its DHS mothers BDay on New Years Eve it would be great to surprise her with a card and a scan pic but we shall see how things go.

Im feeling a little anxious today tomorrow I will be 5wks which is the vital point its around the end of this wk a heartbeat should formand if one does and you get past the 6wk mark your chances off success increase dramatically I just hope all goes fine xx

Its mad though that Ill have to keep quiet over xmas which is at my house this year dont know how Ill cope with MS and cooking dinner and pretending to drink some fizz xx

How cool that 3 of us are FET pregnancies! I’ve told my mom and dad and 2 of my friends who have been by my side through this (one who did IVF last year herself). I feel the need to throw in, “it’s very early”. They understand. I’ve never even got this far with my chemicals where my test line was progressing and getting darker so I’m hoping it’s a good sign that this is a healthy viable pregnancy! Beta is Wednesday!

Angela I'm worried about that too. I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with Christmas and the smell of food. Nausea for me has been horrendous and it is only going to get worse (my MS usually lasts until I'm between 16-18 weeks) so I'm not looking forward to it. Since I've had three pregnancy losses in the past, I wanted to keep quiet about this baby until 20 weeks but I'm wondering if others are going to guess before I'm ready to announce? I'm going to be about 10 weeks on Christmas and right in the peak of my nausea :(

Ask4joy yes that is crazy that we are all FET and goodluck for the BETA keep us updated how it goes and when your scan will be xx

Littlemisscaviar that sounds grim I hope you can cover it up enough to get through the day who fave you got going over to yours or who will you see. You could plant it in all their heads that your for a change going out christmas eve with friends drinking then if worst MS comes on the day fake a hangover lol

Thats my plan anyway incase its really bad fake an hangover and if I do that anyway I can also get around not drinking fizz aswell lol xx

Ha ha, love the idea of faking a hangover! Fortunately for me, Christmas all but 3 people will already know! And they probably won't suspect a thing. I'm crossing my fingers for a symptom free pregnancy, lol! When does MS usually start?

Hi everyone - hoping to join as I realize I'm not very involved on the first-tri boards...oopsy!

I had a MC this summer at 8.3w which was devastating (DH and I married in May and were blessed on our second month TTC). I ended up needing a d&c and we were told to wait one cycle to TTC again so we started in September. Again, two cycles later at the end of October I got a BFP! Anxious, happy, thrilled, scared. All of it! I had an ultrasound a couple weeks ago at 8.1 and saw a heartbeat! A totally different (and wonderful) outcome than our last pregnancy...to say I was relieved is an understatement (I sobbed on the ultrasound table). I'm now 9w5d and as much as I am trying to enjoy every single second of being pregnant and to be grateful for this little heartbeat inside of me, I do find myself counting down the days until I feel better! I've been pretty consistently nauseous since just after 6w. Week 9 I had two days where I felt pretty good most of the day. Then I'll feel miserable and sick again. I'm hoping I start to have more good than bad days!

Good luck everyone <3 Oh my my due date is July 11, confirmed at my first scan :)

Welcome Allgator so sorry for your loss MCs are difficult to deal with but congrats on this sticky bean so glad you got to see the heartbeat it wont be long till your in the 2nd Tri xx Apparantly MS is a good thing as if your suffering then everything is working fine your less likely to MC so take it as a positive. Mind you Im giving this advice but when it happens to me Ill probably be moaning saying I cant cope lol.

MKaykes MS starts around the 6wk mark xx

Hi Alligator, sorry to hear about your loss, and congrats on making it to 9 weeks! I'm sure passing that 8 week milestone was joyous for you and DH!

I showed DH a video this morning that goes over the first 9 weeks of pregnancy in like 2 minutes (we both have short attention spans so this was perfect). It was pretty cool, then he asked what week we were on and I told home 4 1/2 to which he responded, "it's going too slow," lol! We just confirmed with beta on Thur, so not even a week ago and he's so anxious to get through this 1st tri. We are both worried about miscarriage.

My mom is so excited, like more than we are. DH and I both have so many fears I'm afraid it'll keep us from being excited. I saw my mom the day after I told her and she said she was so excited for us she couldn't sleep. She's so cute, and I guess at least someone is uncautiously excited for us!

I showed DH a video this morning that goes over the first 9 weeks of pregnancy in like 2 minutes (we both have short attention spans so this was perfect). It was pretty cool, then he asked what week we were on and I told home 4 1/2 to which he responded, "it's going too slow," lol! We just confirmed with beta on Thur, so not even a week ago and he's so anxious to get through this 1st tri. We are both worried about miscarriage.

My mom is so excited, like more than we are. DH and I both have so many fears I'm afraid it'll keep us from being excited. I saw my mom the day after I told her and she said she was so excited for us she couldn't sleep. She's so cute, and I guess at least someone is uncautiously excited for us!

Sounds like we're about the same! By my calculations, I'm about 4 and half weeks pregnant too, AND my blood was drawn Tuesday and Thursday of last week to confirm it :happydance:

Congrats Alligator! That must be such a relief to see that little heartbeat! I’m sorry the MS has been so rough. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Angela - So funny about faking a hangover! I’m sure people will still have their suspicions! I will just be hitting the 6 week mark around Christmas - hopefully MS will hold off! My mom had terrible MS but my aunt said she had none with all 3 of her pregnancies.

MK - your mom sounds so cute! My mom is such a pessimist...she’s like, “you aren’t going to announce until after the first trimester, right?” Duh. There’s a difference between “announcing” and telling a few of the people closest to you who have known you have been going through IVF. My mom had a very rough childhood and sometimes I think she just can’t let herself get really happy / excited about anything. She also suffers from chronic depression. I love her dearly but she’s a negative Nancy!

That is sweet MKaykes that your mum is super excited. DH and I are the same as you guys worried about having an MC thats why I cant tell my mum as she cant hold her own water, even if I tell her to keep it secret she will still tell absolutely everybody that she knows and tell them to keep it quiet though and not tell anyone else and let on to me that they know xx

Hellojello it looks like there is alot of us on here around the same time which is great

Ask4joy I will be dead on 7wks on xmas day so if I get MS it should be in full swing by then xx

Oh yes also I have my first midwife/antenatel appointment on 18th Dec not sure what to expect though x

Thanks everyone - seeing the HB was quite a relief...now I feel anxious for the next scan haha it never ends! And anxious to feel better. It's miserable feeling miserable all the time. Working full time and the first trimester is really really tough!

Waiting for the first ultrasound seems like such a long wait. My OB appt is in a week but I don't know if they will do one at 6w.

Angela they will probably take your vitals, do bloods, have you provide a urine sample to check pregnancy and maybe an ultrasound. I had one at my first appointment at 6 weeks but it was because I'm prone to early losses. Nothing better than seeing that little flickering heartbeat... really makes you know that all the sickness you're going through is worth it xx

Alligator I think Im going to be the same as you just worrying all the way through Ive read some statistics though that state that if the HB is present and healthy then your risk of MC is greatly reduced almost to the level of being in your 2nd tri I hope that offers some reassurance xx

Starlight keep us posted how your OB Appt goes and if the do do a scan xx

Lilmisscaviar they wont be doing a scan as thats on the 28th but at my midwife appt I think they do take urine and blood as with the appt letter it came with a booklet about tests they do to check for stuff in relation to the baby xx

I am just worrying every slight twinge and pain I feel Im worrying I just want to see a HB on 28th, does anybody else get twinges/sharp pains they dont happen all the tome just every so often and dont last long but they do worry me xx

Hcg today at 9dp5dt (more like 8.5dp5dt) was 76. Nurse said it&#8217;s good but I&#8217;ve done some reading and it seems a little lower than average. 2nd Beta Friday. So hard not to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->