First tri exhaustion and active toddler!

ChaiTea

Reaction score
I have a very active 2 year old and am 7 weeks pregnant. The debilitating tiredness has set in. What did you do to help combat it? I'm lucky if I get half a load of laundry in or a few dishes washed. I was working full time with no toddler last time and almost didn't make it! Now it's 10 times harder. Lol

I know how you feel. I work full time, doing a masters degree final 6 months, my son is 2 and half and active and 10 weeks pregnant. Its hard, but i take it each day at a time. Sorry i haven't been much help

Same here. I worked full time during my first pregnancy. Now I'm a SAHM and I nap during my son's nap time. Housework doesn't get done, but hubby totally understands. I also go to bed at about 8:00 each night. My 20-month-old son sleeps from 7pm to 7:30am, so I'm lucky there. I try to do a load of laundry each day, even if it's small. If it gets folded, great. It usually doesn't but at least it's clean. I figure housework can wait until the 2nd trimester. Lol. I also do little tiny things. I won't walk into a room without bringing something that needs to be put away from another room. If I'm so tired I can't function, I'll let him watch a few episodes of Mickey Mouse while I relax on the couch.
Good luck! I hope the fatigue passes soon for you!

Mine is still taking 2 hour naps in the afternoon, so I took a lot of naps with her, haha! Hubby has also been amazing and when he's home he does a lot with her so I can rest. Same with the housework! (I woke up to all of the dishes being washed this morning :blush:)

My poor, dear, sweet, simple husband was clearly trying to be kind when he recently made a comment about how this pregnancy must be easier since I didn't have to go to work. Needless to say, I almost clawed his face off. My 70+ hour per week job was actually so much easier to deal with bc I had more ownership of my time. If I needed 15 minutes in the toilet, I could have them in private. I could usually duck out early once a week for a nice swim. My "time off" was ACTUALLY off, and I could devote it to rest, exercise, etc.

As a SAHM of a very rambunctious 21 month old, it is always go time. I try to give him the best of the time that I feel well, even though that means letting the housework slide. When I'm feeling really sick, I have no guilt about using the TV to entertain him. I know things should start to improve in a month or so.

Also - I've asked for one of those vacuuming robots for Christmas!

I have a very active 2 year old and am 7 weeks pregnant. The debilitating tiredness has set in. What did you do to help combat it? I'm lucky if I get half a load of laundry in or a few dishes washed. I was working full time with no toddler last time and almost didn't make it! Now it's 10 times harder. Lol

It is sooooo much harder with little ones around. My survival has been a boat load of snacks prepared for the kids, and movies & colouring while mommy lays on the couch.
It's so hard. Hang in there, one day at a time, and if you have family around you ask for help!!

My little one is only a month older than yours, and I've been exhausted too. I work full time and my partner does shift work so once Isabel goes to bed at 7, so does mummy! The housework doesn't really get done until the weekends (when I take a afternoon nap) but I'm dreading having a newborn and an active toddler! Lately Ive been trying to get activities to distract her, like a butchers roll of paper and a pack of Pens and covering the kitchen floor while I'm cleaning - seems to work well.

I am still pretty early but exhaustion hit me hard yesterday. I have a busy two year old but I also have 4 other toddlers during the week as I run a home daycare. Goodness I hope I survive! Lol

I was like this when I was pregnant with my second son...my oldest was 19 months and I could barely keep my eyes open. when I got to the point where I HAD to sleep sadly I would stick him in the playpen by the couch and cut on his fave dvd. that hour of silence gave me a tad bit of relief.

I also had a strong support system. my mom would get off and come over and watch them while I would KO.

oddly, this pregnancy I'm not exhausted like that. I mean I go to bed at 9:30 every night but that barely can hold my head up feeling never came. it worries me. lol

I was a teacher to 30 10 year olds while I was pregnant before. It was really hard, but it was so much easier than this time lol! At least when I came home I could go to sleep for a couple hours, wake up for dinner and immediately go back to sleep (sleeping all night long) and get up in the morning to start again!

I've been using the TV and ipad as well when I have to. Praying I start seeing improvement in myself soon!

Thanks for commiserating with me, friends. ;)

It is much, much harder being pregnant with a toddler. I have two and trying to clean my house is like trying to brush your teeth while eating Oreos :haha:

Seriously, if I let my house go for even a day, it looks like I haven't cleaned in a month! I have to say that being sick and tired while taking care of a little one is the hardest part about the first trimester. It gets a bit easier in the second trimester but not much, since you're putting on more weight, making it harder to be on your feet. TV dinners have become my best friend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->