FIRST trimester - BAD Insomnia?

MildPCOS

We are TEAM BLUE!
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced BAD insomnia in the first trimester?

I am only 6 weeks now and since I found out I have not been able to fall asleep at night - I go to bed tired and then my mind just races all night about everything and nothing at all.

I have tried everything so far - acupuncture, chinese herbs, deep breathing, reading, watching TV, getting up, changing locations, counting sheep, self-guided hypnosis recording, Unisom (safe in pregnancy)

NOTHING is working and I am starting to LOSE my MIND lol.

Has anyone else had this problem? Busy brain that won't shut off and no particular reason or 1 particular thing that you are thinking about?

Is this common? I don't have my first pre-natal appt for 2-3 more weeks so I will mention it if its still happening, but I'm just hoping it's something that will go away.

I'm not sure if it's common or not but I've had the same problem as you. I'm around 11+5 and had it all the way through. Admittedly I always used to wake up once in the night but it's progressed to almost every hour now. I'm hoping it's just worry which will go at my 12wk scan on Weds but its making me so tired during the day.

I'm only 5+6 and I have never slept sooo badly in my entire life. I find it really hard to shut my brain down on a night and when I finally do start to nod off, OH starts with his restless legs and wakes me up again. I'm suffering quite bad with nausea at the moment too which is wiping me out. All day I feel like I could just put my head down and sleep. Then it comes to bedtime and nothing!

I'm having the same problem. Its very upsetting. Especially as I also have an 18month old who still wakes me in the night and when he does I have the same problem falling back to sleep as actually getting to sleep in the first place.

I put it down to stopping my strong antihistamines for my eczema, but now I'm not so sure?

Drinking herbal sleep easy tea as we speak X

Well at least it's not me! It's terrible! I'd take morning sickness over watching the clock tick by all night and then having to get up and go to work for 9 hours.

I hate people saying ohh it's just preparing your - no.. when you are up all night with a baby, at least you have a good reason and then you can (hopefully) get a nap or 2 in, but when you are up all night for no good reason and then have to work or do other stuff during the day it's mentally and physically and emotionally exhausting.

I went to the natural store and got this stuff today called Mental Calmness and it's supposed to stop the 'busy mind' syndrome. I'll let you ladies know how it works. Not sure where you all live, but I am in Canada and was able to get it at Community Natural Foods!

I had bad nights sleep a couple weeks back, felt very broken and very light, lots of dreaming so it felt like I wasn't sleeping, but it soon passed.

I also had bad insomnia from about 5 weeks that was making my severe ms worse so my dr prescribed me Ambien (supposed to be safe for pregnancy) and I've slept SO much better since taking it. Unisom did nothing for me, if anything it made me feel worse. Maybe you could call your dr and tell them what's going on and see if they will call you in a prescription for something stronger? That way you wont suffer until your appt!

I had terrible insomnia from before my bfp till about 12 weeks, it gets progressively better :) I've found long walks before bed help me a lot, if I'm physically tired I have an easier time sleeping

With my 1st two, I had extreme insomnia from around 4-5 mths up until the baby baby was born. With my 3rd pregnancy insomnia happened right away at 4 weeks it was so bad. But I ended up having a miscarriage with that baby so I'm not sure if it would have stayed the whole pregnancy or if it would have gotten better.
I hope it goes away for you Hun!

I'm struggling with this at the moment :( I'm finding it hard to cope, I was prescribed zopiclone sleeping tablets before I got my BFP (I would have been pregnant though I think) but I don't think I'm allowed to take them during pregnancy :cry:

if it's like this for the full pregnancy I honestly don't know what I'll do!

I had awful insomnia in the first tri. Dr said it was the hormones. It went away come 2nd tri and now I'm just exhausted.

Has anyone else experienced BAD insomnia in the first trimester?

I am only 6 weeks now and since I found out I have not been able to fall asleep at night - I go to bed tired and then my mind just races all night about everything and nothing at all.

I have tried everything so far - acupuncture, chinese herbs, deep breathing, reading, watching TV, getting up, changing locations, counting sheep, self-guided hypnosis recording, Unisom (safe in pregnancy)

NOTHING is working and I am starting to LOSE my MIND lol.

Has anyone else had this problem? Busy brain that won't shut off and no particular reason or 1 particular thing that you are thinking about?

Is this common? I don't have my first pre-natal appt for 2-3 more weeks so I will mention it if its still happening, but I'm just hoping it's something that will go away.

Hello! Not sure if you ever check these since it was years ago that you posted this, but I am 9 weeks pregnant with Twins and since 7 weeks have been having really bad insomnia. One night it will take me a couple of hours to fall asleep but at least i eventually fall asleep, then the next night I will not be able to fall asleep the entire night literally not 1 hour of sleep. Do you happen to remember if your Insomnia eventually subsided and when? Im not sure what the cause of this is, not sure if its hormones or what not but it is torture. Thank in advance for your reply!

Yes, I've had this until around 9-12 weeks along with all of my babies. For me, it also comes back at around 32 weeks.

From round about conception until around 6 weeks I had really bad insomnia. I think pregnancy fatigue won in the end, but it was highly frustrating. No idea if mine was pregnancy related though... can't see how it could have been at conception because there wouldn't have been any pregnancy hormones to blame. Hope you're sleeping better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->