First Trimester Jitters

mamabearofsep

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

Came across this site as a forum for expecting mommys and more!

I was on 100mg of Clomid last month and sucessfully got pregnant this month! I am 5 weeks today but have some crazy questions that my mind might just be worrying over nothing for! You read all the time on Google crazy things so my mind wanders.

1) Sometimes it feels like I just got done an intense ab workout and my stomach feels tight - is that normal?
2) Sometimes I feel nauseas, never throwing up - is this normal?
3) I am drinking LOTS of water - is this good?
4) When I wake up in the morning my urine is pretty dark and it reflects on the toilet paper, NOT spotting just urine color - is this normal?
5) What are some foods I should be eating in the first trimester?
6) Sometimes all my symptoms subside and I don't feel pregnant at all - is this normal?

Thanks lades!

First of all, congratulations!!!!!! The first trimester is full of strange feelings and changes, and symptoms can come in waves and then seem to go away and then come back over us a day or three later. All of it is downright scary, especially when you haven't been through it a few times before. ;)

1) Sometimes it feels like I just got done an intense ab workout and my stomach feels tight - is that normal?

Yes. Think of it as bodybuilding because you are literally building some body right now. Yes, I'm being punny, but your body, your abdomen especially right now, is going through tons of changes. Eventually, those changes will be felt in every part of your body. :)

2) Sometimes I feel nauseas, never throwing up - is this normal?

Oh, yes. I've only thrown up in one of my pregnancies. (This is my fifth - I have four kids already.) During two of my pregnancies, I felt nauseated. During the other two, I had no nausea at all.

3) I am drinking LOTS of water - is this good?

Yes, this is very good for a pregnancy.

4) When I wake up in the morning my urine is pretty dark and it reflects on the toilet paper, NOT spotting just urine color - is this normal?

Yes. Your hormones will change your urine look and maybe even the smell. If you're taking prenatals, they'll make your urine a lot yellower, too. But my morning pee is always dark and strong smelling during pregnancy. Throughout the rest of the day, since I'm drinking so much water, it gets lighter.

5) What are some foods I should be eating in the first trimester?

A weekly serving of fish is super nice to eat during pregnancy. It's so good for you and baby. Lots of protein. I like to add extra fruit to help combat constipation. Veggies, of course. At least 60 grams of carbs per day. You shouldn't need to count this, as you'll get it naturally if you're eating grains and fruit.

6) Sometimes all my symptoms subside and I don't feel pregnant at all - is this normal?

Yes, very normal. Ive got a couple of threads under my belt about this that I wrote on here during my first trimester. I had intense worry every time my symptoms subsided. They'd be back within a few days, usually. During one of my pregnancies, I had a little bit in the way of symptoms in the very early weeks and then nothing at all for the rest of the pregnancy, except for some back pain as my belly got huge!

I cannot thank you so much for completely easing my mind! I read all the time on Google about ectopic pregnancies, or miscarriages, or anything like that so this has really eased my mind!

Right now, I am just experiencing some light cramping like a quick little jolt then it goes away - is that normal?

Yes, also normal. Online, you'll see all the saddest examples of pregnancy. Know that the VAST majority of pregnancies go off without a hitch and end with a healthy baby. :) It took me 18 months to get pregnant with my first baby, and I was so convinced that it meant I wasn't meant to carry a pregnancy, so I read all of the scary stories and all of it, and it just had me completely paranoid all the way through the pregnancy. Don't do it! It's not worth it! :)

I cannot thank you enough for calming my nerves. I read all the horror stories on websites and I am convinced it will happen to me. I just have to believe and have faith and remember that a majority of M/C come from ongoing health issues.

Cramping is normal. It can even be quite bad and feel a lot like period pains, I've had this with both my pregnancies and so many ladies on here have the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->