flips and grovia/grobaby diapers-- anyone have experience

nada87

Reaction score
last night i got the go ahead from dh to try cloth diapers. i like the all in 2 option because the liner gets changed instead of the entire diaper. so far i've found gdiaper, and the two listed in title of my post and i want to try them. as i'm just about out of disposables i don't want to buy more i'm hoping to figure out what i want by the end of the weekend. i also want something that i can use for ds (27 lbs) and lo (16lbs) so any experience would be great. thanks

I haven't tried Flips but have used GroBaby in the past. I probably wouldn't recommend them to you since I find them to be cut pretty small for a OS diaper and you are looking to use them with both of your children. Emma is 28lbs and outgrew her GroBaby a few pounds ago. Flips seem to be well liked by lots of the mums on here though so they might be a better choice :flower:

can def recommend the flips. I love them, bomb proof and suit most sizes, would certainly work for both your lo's.

i have prefolds to mix and match on my 2 , your younger one is probably big enough to go into Large sized nappys but thankfully boy my boys fit them as my eldest is to big for 99% of onesize nappys at 37lbs ish and my youngest gets into the bottom end of the large size at 24ish lbs

You can use prefolds with a wrap like you'd use a Flip, in fact that's what Econobums are - a cheaper alternative to Flips, made by the same people. So you can use pretty much any prefold (which is actually what organic Flips are too) with a wrap. You just fold the prefold into three so it's like the insert and lay it in the wrap. Obviously the wrap can't be too loose/airy or the insert would move about too much, but most should be ok for this purpose. As you're wanting to use them for 2 children, prefolds and wraps might be a good option - you could use the same prefolds/inserts for both but different wraps if you need to - some children just don't suit the same nappies/wraps. Also, you can use Flip inserts in lots of wraps. They fit in Weehuggers, Econobums, Thirsties Duo wraps... loads more wraps so you could definitely find some to suit each child. You could mix prefolds with Flip inserts too.

I LOVE my flips, would recommend them to anyone! I haven't had an leaks with the flips and only one poopsplosion has made it through the cover in the 2 months I've been using them. I have the Gdiapers (or a couple of them) to but I don't find them as good and they're not one size so you have to buy more. I am also waiting for my grovias to come in the mail to give them a go.

LOOOOOOOVE Flips. And they fit my tiny 6lb son when he was 9lb old fantastically :) xx

I dont have any flips and havent tried them so I cant comment on those but I do have a Grovia nappy which I absolutely love!!! BUT it is cut smaller than the rest of my BTP nappies and I have to have the poppers completey undone so it's on the largest rise whereas with my BGv3 or my WNOS, she's on the medium rise. Absorbancy wise it's pretty good and Evie can be a heavy wetter. It lasts a good 3 hours on her :thumbup:

Love the Flips, they're really versatile as Rach said. I tried the Grovia but found them very very small so sold mine on again pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->