Florida holiday advice

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Hi girls ,

Wondering if you can help me - we are looking at a trip to Florida for our 10 year wedding anniversary and renew our wedding vows in 2017 but baby will only be 3 and dd 7 - I don't think that age for lo will be good as I will have one wanting to go on the bigger rides and be restricted with lo plus travel and naps ect ect with a three year old. Was thinking for our 15 year celebration instead they will be 8 and 12 so easier.

What is the best accomodation ? Hotel or villa ? We would do disney, waterparks ect and would look at a few other places.

As they will both be at school it will have to be summer hols - is July ok weather wise ?

Any other recommendations ?

Is food cheap ? Got ages to save but we don't have much money so it will be a slow process lol

I have been a few times (without kids) but we are planning to take ours in a couple of years.

I have stayed in Villas, Hotels & Disney hotel. My favourite would be the Disney but I would suggest Villa with children as they are HUGE and usually have a pool. Will you be hiring a car? As that would make a difference, if you are not then I would say Disney Hotel.

Food was really cheap when I last went. Around $7 for all you can eat breakfast buffet. Disney/Universal, the prices are a bit more expensive but I didn't find them too bad.

Disney hotels, there is usually offers on to stay there. At the moment, if you stay in a moderate or above (excludes All Star/Pop) hotels and get unlimited Disney tickets (£250 each thereabouts) then you get free dining.

We have been August which was very hot. It did rain pretty much every day but only for about 20mins & 10mins after you couldn't tell.

There are plenty of home rentals you can get for short term for about the same as a hotel. My parents got a house when they came when the boys were born for about $80 a night. It was a 4 bedroom with a pool. You will need a car though as you can't walk everywhere. Most of them are about 20-45 minutes from the Disney area. The closer ones are more town houses/ apartment type than houses though.

Go at Easter...! We went a few years ago and weather was perfect and not too hot... Girls were 7 & 8 and a perfect age to enjoy. Dd1 is very tall so was able to go on all the rides (she loved it) dd2 did not like rides so went on very few. We had an apartment which was great for us and there ws a pool for girls. You will need a car though. We stayed in kissimee which was close enough to all the parks! Would love to go back! x

July is quite hot and humid and the parks will be very crowded. It's always great to stay onsite but it'll be cheaper at nearby hotels. Your LOs can still enjoy many rides at their age! I live in Florida so can answer any questions you have. :flower:

Check out The Dibb hun for all Disney questions.

But I would do late August. American schools are back and the parks a little quieter. Have done on site, villa and last time we did Floridays which was perfect. 10min drive from the parks (we could see Epcot from our apt), next door to Publix and Premium Outlets etc.

Food and gas is climbing in price and the exchange isn't what it used to be but it's not majorly pricey. We have friends who have a villa in Indian Creek and who've just come back and have said things are changing there.

They do a baby swap on rides so your husband could stay with the young one and you ride with your daughter then you swap over and dont have to queue again. Plus there are heaps of rides that a 3 year old can go on we had a 3 year old go on the tower of terror with us! (Not sure if rules have changed since then)
I seen heaps of restaurants adveryising that kids eat free and you can get booklets with heaps off children eat free vouchers.

Iv been 6 times and stayed in international drive and different disney hotels.
Id peraonally recommend to split it one week on I ternational drive and one week at a disney hotel as the transport is great back from the parks vut idrive is good if you want to get to seaworld or universal - also the restaurants are dirt cheap there.

I personally wouldnt go in july my favourite is may but if its all the school holidays will allow itl still be good :)

So no I wouldnt say 3 is to yoyng as they will love the characters etc

Also from what I seen children ipto about 4 seemed to have a buggy there so she could sleep in there at nights etc

For time frame December or January are about best weather wise. Most of the year is unbearably hot.

July in Florida is hotter than hell, and humid.

We went in September (still too hot IMO) and stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge which was so much fun!

Apparently the weekend is the busiest for the Magic Kingdom so it's better to save that for a weekday. Animal Kingdom park is said to be less busy on Sundays. Magic Kingdom is the worst on Sundays.

You can easily spend 2 days at Epcot -it's huge!

I love Florida!! I went while preggers and this April I took my daughter but I've been 15 times =) I always stay on international drive room only, the food is reasonable priced but that is where most money goes especially in the parks. I don't do water parks but I've done wet n wild. My fave Disney is magic kingdom and I love universal. But your tickets online before you go and not through travel agents there usually £50 more than online. If you want to pm me about anything that's fine it is my favourite place in the world!! Best time to go November the week before thanks giving its stunning and quiet and they have Xmas decs up =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->