Flu shot?

nflores77

Reaction score
I forgot to ask my OB about the flu shot and if it is recommended ... Has anyone discussed this with theirs? I don't have another appt until end of October.

My ob brought it up to me and said no way. I'm not one to usually get it anyways (always seem to get the flu 2 or 3 days after the shot).

My dr just told me to get one.. apparently most opt for the one without preservatives.. and its best to get the child size dosage when you are pregnant.

I however will NOT be getting one. I have never had the flu and never had a flu shot. My husband on the other hand has to get one every year (he was in the military and now is in the medical field so its required) and he gets sick EVERY time.. Our pediatrician won't even give it to his kids..

I get one yearly due to asthma, and I had one last year also. Didn't effect Erika one bit, and I'll be getting this years on in October. I've never gotten ill from the flu jab, which is surprising as I have a low immune system to begin with. Still got a cold I've had for a month now... grrrr.

Its personal choice so do what is right for you.

Mod - I've been meaning to ask you since you mentioned it in my thread - can you find out WHY your doc said no way??? Thanks.

I am in the US. I just got mine last week. I have never gotten one before in my life (I have gotten the flu a few times though) but my doc recommended I get it right away since I work in a school (flu central!) and it could be risky for me to get the flu while preg, especially with my asthma.
I got the "pregnancy-safe" preservative free kind, which frustratingly my insurance wouldn't cover (it was $40).
I had no side effects from it other than my shoulder feeling slightly sore for a day.

My MW told me I should get the flu jab cause our immune system is low. I'm not really sure if I want to but thinking I should xx

I can ask her next time I see her. I know she told me why but cannot for the life remember why. I think because I've had zero desire to get one it kind of went in one ear and out the other.

It's is recommended here. Had it with my last and will get again. I'd rather protect myself and my baby to the best of my abilities.

But do whatever floats your boat in the end. You need to be comfortable with your decision.

Ah ha! Dh remembered! It can cause you to develop some kind of syndrome. GBS or BGS or something lime that and advises her already pregnant patients to not get it do to the fact that either the mother or fetus could possibly developed it...but not really sure what it is or does?

My midwife has recommended that I have it. My little girl also gets it due to low weight and if she gets poorly she goes off her food.

I had the flu at Christmas last year and it was awful, so I think I will be going for the injection. X

My doc said to get it, but to do it after first tri. So I will get it mid nov.

My whole life I've never had the flu. The one and only time I got the flu vaccine was when I was pregnant with my DS. I'm never getting it again! I know deep down him passing and the flu shot are unrelated but I'm not chancing it!

I've never had the flu shot and it wasn't recommended to me in my last pregnancy. I probably won't get it this time. I've also decided that at this point dd doesn't need it either...if in the future she seems to be sick with the flu often and stays sick a while I'll rethink this.

I'm getting mine on Friday. It's recommended here for pregnant women. Can't imagine having flu while pregnant.

I'm getting mine next week. It is recommended in the uk as pregnant women are classed as high risk along with the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. I had swine flu a couple of years ago and it was horrendous! Does anyone know if it's a different type of shot over here compared to the US? Just curious.

In the US, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommend a flu shot for pregnant women. I'm not sure why US doctors vary so much in so many pregnancy-related opinions. It makes me wonder if any of them know what they are talking about.

I haven't asked my doc yet. My next appt is in 10 days.

Last pregnancy was the first time I got a flu shot in my life. No side effects, all was fine. A flu shot in pregnancy will also help protect the baby after birth until they can get their own flu shot, so that's something to think about. It was recommended to me by every doctor/nurse/midwife I saw.

i took a flu shot just three days before i found out i was pregnant and i really didnt know i was pregnant but i tested at 8dpo for fun and got a bfp surprise!

it is recommended to have it since it protects you and the baby. as i said, i had mine before i found out i was pregnant, which was before implantation and the baby is fine now and has been since my first prenatal last week.

My doc recommended it as well so I will be getting it my next appointment in October.

I got mine on Friday. I have been told by multiple doctors to get the flu and whooping cough shot. So I did it way early (only 4 weeks) so I don't have to think about it when the baby is bigger.

I never used to get it, but a lot of my friends have been having babies and they recommend that anyone that is around a newborn should have the flu shot.

I got preservative free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"