flu

pink_phoenix

Reaction score
My OH's daughter has caught what we suspect is flu from her mother. She's been really poorly this week and she's due to be here at weekend. I'm wondering if it would be better if I wasn't here when she was? I've already got a sore throat so hoping I haven't already picked something up from her! Will not be impressed. Her mother knows I'm pregnant but still happy to send kids over poorly. She's such a horrible selfish cow.
Last time before I lost my angel she sent the kids over and daughter had slapped cheek but didn't say anything. We didn't know till OH daughter told us!
Sick of bringing it up with OH cos as far as he's concerned sun still shines out of her massively fat saggy arse, apparently it's cos she's the mother of his children so with any luck his head will be that far up my arse when baby arrives or i'll know for sure he's just full of it.
I have absolutely no issue with kids coming I just won't be here if it's putting baby at risk

ouch... what does slap cheek mean? i hope u dont mean that mom slapped your daughter

and even though ur hubby doesnt think she does anything wrong, the least i think ur hubby will be able to understand is that you are having a baby and having sick people around u is not safe at all. try talking to him and asking him to speak with the mom about making sure the kids arent sick or make sure they have medication with them or something(she could pretend she cares and at least do that)

sorry about ur situation

are u getting the flu shot? my doc wanted me to, but i havent gotten one since required to do so in school. i also know a lively happy little boy who had a bad reaction to the shot and iis now mentally disabled the poor boy.

i hope u feel better
My OH's daughter has caught what we suspect is flu from her mother. She's been really poorly this week and she's due to be here at weekend. I'm wondering if it would be better if I wasn't here when she was? I've already got a sore throat so hoping I haven't already picked something up from her! Will not be impressed. Her mother knows I'm pregnant but still happy to send kids over poorly. She's such a horrible selfish cow.
Last time before I lost my angel she sent the kids over and daughter had slapped cheek but didn't say anything. We didn't know till OH daughter told us!
Sick of bringing it up with OH cos as far as he's concerned sun still shines out of her massively fat saggy arse, apparently it's cos she's the mother of his children so with any luck his head will be that far up my arse when baby arrives or i'll know for sure he's just full of it.
I have absolutely no issue with kids coming I just won't be here if it's putting baby at risk

Sorry but I think you being a bit selfish. What would you do if you lo was ill and you was pregnant would you just go stay else where. She is still your oh child and he should look after her when she's ill just as much as her mum should. A lot of people have a nasty virus and not real flu.
When you met your oh you obviously accepted he had a ex and children you can't just expect them to come round when there well it's not like there busting a friend there comeing to there house where there dad is.
It's not nice for anyone when they have ill children.

If it was real flu I think she would be staying at home for sure. You don't wanna go anywhere when its the flu.

Sorry but I think you being a bit selfish. What would you do if you lo was ill and you was pregnant would you just go stay else where. She is still your oh child and he should look after her when she's ill just as much as her mum should. A lot of people have a nasty virus and not real flu.
When you met your oh you obviously accepted he had a ex and children you can't just expect them to come round when there well it's not like there busting a friend there comeing to there house where there dad is.
It's not nice for anyone when they have ill children.
We Also don't know the full extent. When I was younger, some mother's would drop their kids off with my mom with no toothbrush..no change of clothes..sick and no medication... no food..no schooldays... one woman said she would be back on Sunday and was gone a while week in Mexico. Some were family members. Of course I love them and would ways have their back, but not all people think about the well-being of their children. Of course my mom took care of them and took them to school etc..bought extra clothes n stuff, but it didn't take away how pissed she was about how people could be so careless work h their own children.

She's pregnant and scared to be sick. Obviously she loves the little girl, but is expressing she feels the mom is not communicating with that - good enough or not taking care of the little girl as she should.

Like I said I have no issue with her coming to the house but last time with the slapped cheek virus it's similar to scarlot fever so it was a bit out of order sending a kid to a house with a potentially harmful illness knowing I was pregnant and not even having the dignity to warn us. If it was the other way round she would have caused world war 3.
I'm not sure how being concerned for an un born baby makes me selfish but I suppose ignorance understands ignorance.
Being selfish to me would be saying she couldn't come. The woman can't even be arsed dropping them off most of the time. Expects me to do it all and she got told where to go. I have no issue doing my fair share but she's made out to be best mother in world, if that was the case she wouldn't be expecting someone she doesn't know to do more with her own children than she can be arsed to.
Or putting someone else's un born child at risk of a serious illness so she can go out on the piss with her mates and throw her legs over the first scrote she meets in a pub.

This is all besides the point. All I was bothered about was being ill and it harming baby so spare me the sly digs and irrelevant opinions.

The helpful suggestions are much appreciated. I didn't think it was a good idea to be around someone ill but always nice to double check xx

Yea the lack of communication is horrendous and disrespectful. Reminds me of a few stories from my past in my previous post. She needs to be spoken to and asked to give u guys respect enough to pick up the phone and warn u guys if the girl has a virus or not. Just imagine if it was something like chicken pox or any other super harmful thing. It has to do with being cautious enough to communicate. Have u talked to her urself?

ouch... what does slap cheek mean? i hope u dont mean that mom slapped your daughter

and even though ur hubby doesnt think she does anything wrong, the least i think ur hubby will be able to understand is that you are having a baby and having sick people around u is not safe at all. try talking to him and asking him to speak with the mom about making sure the kids arent sick or make sure they have medication with them or something(she could pretend she cares and at least do that)

sorry about ur situation

are u getting the flu shot? my doc wanted me to, but i havent gotten one since required to do so in school. i also know a lively happy little boy who had a bad reaction to the shot and iis now mentally disabled the poor boy.

i hope u feel better

Oh no she hadn't hit her, she's not that much of an asshole
Slapped cheek is something that's similar to the scarlot fever virus and causes swelling of glands and makes the face red so looks like cheeks have been slapped, hence the name.

I'm unsure if I want the flu jab. As a child it hospitalised me and I'm uncertain if it's something I want to risk again now I've got the little bean to care for xx
Many thanks for your reply and also understanding where I was coming from. Don't understand why so many people are willing to jump down ur throat here. I thought it was a place for help and sense of community. Not ridicule and isolation xx
Many thanks again, Defo think i'll try and sit down with OH later xx

Yea the lack of communication is horrendous and disrespectful. Reminds me of a few stories from my past in my previous post. She needs to be spoken to and asked to give u guys respect enough to pick up the phone and warn u guys if the girl has a virus or not. Just imagine if it was something like chicken pox or any other super harmful thing. It has to do with being cautious enough to communicate. Have u talked to her urself?

Sorry I'm playing catch up on my phone haha.

I have absolutely no interest in speaking to her ever.

She clearly has a issue with me for NO apparent reason.
I how ever dis like her due to 3 years of snide comments made to the kids or my other half about me. I love the kids to bit but when she's calling me names and snagging me off to them and there telling me it's making things difficult.
Worrying to think she works with kids and families full time xx

Iv had the flu, colds, chest infections in pregnancy. These things can't be helped and we will get these things. I wouldn't worry to much about. My daughter had slapped cheek when I was pregnant with her brother and all was fine. 2 weeks ago I was cleaning up sickness and diahrrea from my 2 kiddies who was full of it. I wouldn't worry about it x

Iv had the flu, colds, chest infections in pregnancy. These things can't be helped and we will get these things. I wouldn't worry to much about. My daughter had slapped cheek when I was pregnant with her brother and all was fine. 2 weeks ago I was cleaning up sickness and diahrrea from my 2 kiddies who was full of it. I wouldn't worry about it x

Aww thank you, it's great to hear off some one with experience. I know I'm prob just being a little over sensitive but I think that's something a lot of pregnant women are guilty of haha xx

Hope your two little ones are feeling much better now xx

I personally think if you can try and prevent getting unwell during pregnancy them obviously do that just saves the worry later on x

Yeah I think a weekend at my mum and dads is on the cards to be honest.
Got a few last minute things to sort for Xmas and fingers crossed OH'S daughter is better soon. There here all next weekend too so it's not like I'm not gonna see them.
I woke up pretty rough feeling this morning with a blocked nose and aching all over so really don't wanna chance getting any worse. Especially at Xmas and as we're away over new year x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->