Flushable liner alternatives?

mumnbean

Reaction score
I was just looking at the roll of flushable liners I have, and was wondering if anyone has tried using ordinary toilet paper or some other alternative.

I have only bought 1 roll of 100 so far, and was thinking of buying more for spare, but not sure how long they last... or if it is really worth using them.

I would love to make my nappies last longer, and minimise the stain factor for no2's! :flower:

i use them, but I've often wondered if TP would also work! Let me know!

:)
A

I don't bother using them anymore. If you're worried about staining though, why not use fleece liners (you can make them yourself too)?

Hmmm I wouldn't use bog roll :lol: think how much they would break down once it is soaked in wee and sloppy poop (soz TMI :rofl: ) and be all manky and yucky to scrape off!! Plus I recon it would make it worse if there was still some left on the nappies when you washed them... Have you ever washed clothes and accidently left tissue paper in the pockets? Its a bugger to get out cause all the fibers get stuck in the fabric and just generally makes a huge mess of things! I would deffinatly go for the fleece option in regards to liners :D you can re-use them if they're okay, and if they really are bad (like a super nasty poop) once in a while you can just chuck it and spare yourself the yuckyness of scraping as they're very cheap to make and replace :D :D :D x

Fleece liners :D I used 1 disposable one and moved straight to fleece - also keeps Imis bum dry :D

Totally agree with Love Bunny on the toilet roll, I can see it being very messy! :lol:

I use fleece as my normal liners and flushable very rarely, mainly with my ittis because the fleece ones I made are too big for them. I bought 3 rolls as I thought I'd run out quickly and didn't think I'd be brave enough to use fleece and I can see them lasting forever!

I'd definitely second the fleece liner idea. I've just started using them and think they're great. She stays drier and the nappies don't stain. Plus they're reusable!

Ive ended up with 400 flushable liners (I bought 200 and someone bought me more as a gift with some nappies) and dont think I will EVER use them all!!! I generally dont use liners at all and if I do I tend to use the fleece ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->