Flutters....

Johnsa37

Reaction score
Ok so this is weird. I am 8dpo today, and I have been feeling this weird "fluttery" feeling in my lower abdomen on and off for a couple of hours now. It is not painful, but it is a very odd tightening sensation. It actually feels exactly like it does when you first start to feel your baby moving early on in pregnancy - like a "fluttering" sensation. Sometimes like a mild contracting, tightening feeling...?

I KNOW it is not a baby in there moving.... :haha: and I really don't think it is gas/indigestion... this is a distinctly different feeling.

Could this be implantation? Has anyone else experienced this? It is so weird!

Ok so this is weird. I am 8dpo today, and I have been feeling this weird "fluttery" feeling in my lower abdomen on and off for a couple of hours now. It is not painful, but it is a very odd tightening sensation. It actually feels exactly like it does when you first start to feel your baby moving early on in pregnancy - like a "fluttering" sensation. Sometimes like a mild contracting, tightening feeling...?

I KNOW it is not a baby in there moving.... :haha: and I really don't think it is gas/indigestion... this is a distinctly different feeling.

Hi, I am 7dpo today. Yesterday I felt exactly what you described, like the "quickening" vibrations when I first felt my baby move in the past at 8 weeks. I googled it and a few people have had it but couldn't get much info. It doesn't feel like gas to me which is more towards either side and in digestive tract whereas this was in my central lower abdomen. No pain at all. Strange, but has made me think there's a chance it could be implantation? And I might test tomorrow or Thurs, how many days after implantation do they say you need to wait? I also had a really sore mouth/gum/ear/gland yesterday which has gone away today. Good luck, I saw you might have a faint bpf on the other blog, will be x'ing fingers for you.

I have also had that before I got my bfp good luck

Thanks ladies! You are giving me hope :) After seeing your responses, I did some Googling and it appears that others have felt this same feeling around 5-8dpo. Some got BFPs, some did not. So, who knows. I'm looking forward to seeing how this shakes out! I had the flutters again last night for about 20 minutes, but nothing yet so far today. Such an odd, crazy feeling! Totally took me right back to when I first started feeling my son move. It must be some sort of twitching in my uterus. Such an odd feeling

I had a stark white IC this morning at 9dpo. I tweaked the heck out of it and still couldn't make anything out! :haha: I think I will use a FRER tomorrow at 10dpo, just to see!

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 15

Hi, I am 7dpo today. Yesterday I felt exactly what you described, like the "quickening" vibrations when I first felt my baby move in the past at 8 weeks. I googled it and a few people have had it but couldn't get much info. It doesn't feel like gas to me which is more towards either side and in digestive tract whereas this was in my central lower abdomen. No pain at all. Strange, but has made me think there's a chance it could be implantation? And I might test tomorrow or Thurs, how many days after implantation do they say you need to wait? I also had a really sore mouth/gum/ear/gland yesterday which has gone away today. Good luck, I saw you might have a faint bpf on the other blog, will be x'ing fingers for you.

So crazy! I am glad that someone else is feeling this weird sensation too! My IC was stark white today. I am so curious to see whether you get your BFP!!! Keep me updated :happydance:

So crazy! I am glad that someone else is feeling this weird sensation too! My IC was stark white today. I am so curious to see whether you get your BFP!!! Keep me updated :happydance:

I'm curious about yours too. My flutters didn't last anything more than a minute and if I hadn't been lying in bed still I may not have noticed them. I hope the FRER shows something more for you. I used a cheapie today and got white white but I'm not giving up, I just have to wait so I don't waste too much money. Will try to wait until Sat. Keep us posted, it sounds promising. Fx'd!

Stark white FRER this morning at 10dpo. :growlmad:

I didn't get my BFP on a FRER with my son until 13dpo, so I'm not totally giving up. I'm not feeling too confident, though! :wacko:

Boo! NO lines for me either today at 9 dpo but i guess I shouldn't be trying so early. I am going o try to not test tomorrow, that is my aim.
Good luck Johnsa, still early days

BFN again today at 11dpo... I got a BFP with my son at 13dpo. I'll see what the next few days bring!

Have you had any more flutters? Last night 9 dpo I had stabbing down low in left abdomen, have dull pain on that side today. Have no idea what to make of it. I had a bfn with FRER and clear blu digital tday 10dpo but I think I'm pregnant, I know that sounds strange, so here's hoping for the next few days.

Have you had any more flutters? Last night 9 dpo I had stabbing down low in left abdomen, have dull pain on that side today. Have no idea what to make of it. I had a bfn with FRER and clear blu digital tday 10dpo but I think I'm pregnant, I know that sounds strange, so here's hoping for the next few days.

If you got that "stabbing" then that could be implantation. I have had that in my pregnancies. Thing is you won't get a bfp after implantation for a couple of days yet! 10dpo is way early. I have been pregnant 3 times and have never had a positive test that early. Good luck!

If you got that "stabbing" then that could be implantation. I have had that in my pregnancies. Thing is you won't get a bfp after implantation for a couple of days yet! 10dpo is way early. I have been pregnant 3 times and have never had a positive test that early. Good luck!

Hey Buffy, a fellow Melbournian! Just wondering, is that the area where implantation happens, low abdomen? I've had other stabbing pain higher up and earlier. Is it usually to one side or in the middle? Sorry tmi but I have erect nipples only the last 1.5 days too which is not a sign of pms for me before, but neither was it something I remember from my son's pregnancy. I know in my brain it's early to test but I just "find myself" buying the tests and then when they're there I use them. So no more buying for a couple of days!

following this :p i had a weird kinda shooting pain this morning which happened 3 times and lasted about 2secs each time. not sure what it was but it was definately there. it was on my left side of my abdomen *shrug* only 2days til the witch is due :p

Today is 12dpo and I started some very light spotting last night - well more like pink/brown tinged CM. I'm feeling a bit crampy today. So I think AF is on the way :(

This is my first cycle off of birth control, so I have no idea when AF is "due" - I always had regular 28-day cycles on birth control. FF has me due for AF on March 13th (3 days).

I'll update this thread, but it sure seems like the "flutters" I felt were not related to early pregnancy.

Aww fx its not af :(

I feel so nauseous now im feeling sorry for myself ar the min lol

Hey Buffy, a fellow Melbournian! Just wondering, is that the area where implantation happens, low abdomen? I've had other stabbing pain higher up and earlier. Is it usually to one side or in the middle? Sorry tmi but I have erect nipples only the last 1.5 days too which is not a sign of pms for me before, but neither was it something I remember from my son's pregnancy. I know in my brain it's early to test but I just "find myself" buying the tests and then when they're there I use them. So no more buying for a couple of days!

It was to one side and higher up for me. There was no mistaking it!

Oh i totally test early every time haha but never got a positive til the day of missed AF. Youre not out yet :)

THanks Buffyx, tested today 12 dpo bfn, ut not due af til Wed/ wed night. So not over yet as you say.

Johnsa, I hope it's not the witch as you think.

THe witch is here! Flutters obviously can be more than one thing! Good luck everyone.

AF got me yesterday too... Boo! Onto next cycle...

Good news is that my body is on track after getting off BCPs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->