food ideas 6 months

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
What are some ideas of finger foods etc for 6 month babies? And dinner idea etc?

toast (although I guess I gave that earlier than some), banana pieces (we never mushed them up), avocado, kiwi, mangoes are all good finger foods, cheese sticks/cubes, baked/steamed apple is supposed to be good though I haven't done it yet, baked pumpkin, sweet potato, squash slices, steamed eggplant and broccoli

there really are a lot of choices :D For Hannah's dinners we do a mix of jars and home made--mostly pastas, some chicken with cous-cous though we are starting to branch out more now and given her strips of meats on their own...

I make a few things for Ellie that she loves her favourite is chicken, red pepper, onion and sweet potato stew its really easy to cook you just skin the pepper fry it all up and boil it in baby chicken stock. It was that nice me and Benn had it for our dinner to. She also loves ratatoulie i skin the aburgine so it blends well she smells of garlic after eating that though lol.

Weren't you afraiid of her choking vickie??? lol... Jasmine is really strong and co-ordnated, I guess im just a bit paranoid... however I do need to get past the beginner jars :D

not really....I've been pretty laid back I guess. She'd handled rusks just fine so we tried the toast and she did well with it. I mean I always kept a close eye on her while she was eating but she got so much spit on it that it dissolved pretty well in her mouth :rofl: I was giving her Cheerios before she was 6.5 months old :blush:

Really? AHHHHH I am so scared. Helena has only had the jarred beginner foods, and then the sweet potato/turkey and the carrot/peas combo. How do they know how to chew? :rofl: I am so clueless. Helena is almost 7 months old.

they are surprisingly good at it and just get better with practice ;)

No idea, but can't believe how big she's getting! Doesn't seem like that long ago you were pregnant and now weaning! :happydance:

No idea, but can't believe how big she's getting! Doesn't seem like that long ago you were pregnant and now weaning! :happydance:

hahah ya, I know. Time flies. I cant believe that it is getting close to the summer and we have talked about getting pregnant by the end of the summer... Now THAT is something I cant believe is coming on so quick haha.

Wow Ryder! I wish I could b ur preg buddy, maybe if we move out before then we can, lol

Oh man, if you guys get pregnant I'm going to be so broody as you were pregnant at the same time as me last year :rofl:

Lol, we can all be preg again. hehe

Wow Ryder! I wish I could b ur preg buddy, maybe if we move out before then we can, lol

lol... you never know, its a few months off ;) We were thinking August anyways. Our other date for trying would be late next spring.

We have a big wedding in 2010 that we have to travel to, so the baby either has to come a few months before, or I need to just be pregnant so I can go on a plane...

ya I feel kinda silly planning this around SOMEONE ELSES wedding... but oh well hahaa

lol, oh well. I wish we could start trying in August, doubt it though. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->