Food ideas

Jewls

Reaction score
Ok so I'm really boring when it comes to food anyway and find it so difficult thinking of meals to eat.
But this pregnancy I'm finding that if in sticking to the usual meals (cereal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and then dinner) Im so nauseous and I feel extremely shaky and weak.
So what I'm trying to ask is obviously I need to eat constantly and little and often but cab people give me healthyish foods I can pick at so I dont get as big as my house x

protein, healthy carbs and fats, and fruits/veggies!

i have PCOS and Im insulin resistant (not diabetic yet, but its probably coming :mad: )

I focus more on protein and healthy fats with fruits/veggies. Carbs and I dont mix.

Breakfast is usually scrambled eggs with some breakfast sausage or bacon and fruit.

Lunch is typically leftovers from a previous nights dinner, grilled chicken, fish, salads, ect

Dinner is usually the most unhealthy of my meals because Im feeding the entire family. Its easy to make myself something else for lunch, but at dinner time? Im exhausted. My kids and husband dont seem to have any issues with insulin so if I make anything carby I'll just leave that off of my plate as much as I can. Or we'll do brown rice, or dreamfields pasta.

If youre getting weak and shaky it could be a sign of reactive hypoglycemia, which is a form of insulin resistance. Essentially your body is reacting to the carbs in the cereal/bread and not enough protein and sending insulin production into overdrive. Try getting protein into each and every meal and snack.

Im the same way. If i ever eat a carb heavy meal, where theres very little protein, within hours Im nauseous and shaky and weak. My 3 hr glucose tests always come back "passing" but by 3 hours my reading is hypoglycemic which isnt good.

I am doing smoothies for lunch so I can sneak in all the veggies I may not feel like eating as well as trying to keep my weight in check. Like the previous poster I do better with protein (I normally live by the south Beach diet) and start my day with eggs and something to go with them but for dinner I have to have some carbs or I wake up hungry at 3am everyday. Of course I'm still nursing my 19 month old so I have to make sure to stay fueled up or I hit the wall energy wise.

I just eat whatever there is.

I am so lucky not to have a MS this time!

I keep oranges in my fridge, in the morning I have eggs, toast, coffee (my only cup per day). Maybe some fruit.

Lunch I'm picking on again whatever I find: veggies, bread, cheese, salad, some fruit.

Evenings I usually work as a chef, so have to constantly taste things. And, if there are fries left I'll have those.
Don't really feel like a full meal.

If I don't work, I usually have something healthy, like fish, chicken breast, with salad or veggies or grilled potatoes.
Sometimes I do crave pasta though, so have that.

Before going to sleep I usually have another fruit.

I seemed to be living on crap right now, mainly potato! Nothing appeals to me, the thought of meat especially chicken makes me gag! I just can't eat it. My diet is proper carb heavy right now :( needs to change though cause I feel sluggish all the time. I tend to have toast in the morning then not much through out the day cause I'm usually busy with my daughter, I just don't feel hungry. Then dinner is what ever my other half makes, potato with something lol not very help ful really. :)

I'm craving carbs at the moment, jacket potato with salad goes down well or with beans. I try to snack on rice cakes, fruit etc but it normally ends up chocolate, cake & biscuits lol x

Yes I'm really craving cards right now too I just wants chips chips with more chips and maybe jacket potatoes lol.
I was the same when I pregnant with my daughter too

All I want is carbs carbs and more carbs. NOTHING sounds good, I can't fathom any meats of any kind. Potatoes makes my heart happy lol. Just give me the starchy carbs right now! Im on a fruit kick too. Cantaloupe and halo oranges! Mmmmmm. Makes me feel betting seeing that Im not the only one that wants potatoes :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->