Food Shopping Budget?

Vic

Reaction score
How much does everyone spend on food shopping per week and how many people do you buy for?

Just wondered what is realistic as my family is expanding :D

Somehow for 2 people I manage £50-£70 a week

:blush:

£75 a week, although Im normally under this and thats for 3 of us with big appetites. Although we no longer buy nappies or wipes (hence now being under budget) and we eat healthy and reasonably extravegently. I think we will stay on the same budget once new bub is here too, as the only addition to the budget might be formula if Idont get on with the BF.

that's a relief, i just wondered if everyone thought £70 per week would be reasonable which is what the budget will likely have to be when I have to give up work etc.

are you glad your made the switch to cloth? I'm wondering if it would be a wise move and I want to BF for longer next time if I can.

About £40-£50 a week for 3 of us. Do tend to buy a few extras during the week tho, like more milk, bread.

we spend about £70 to £90 a week, somtimes we find we only need a half shop the week after so we spend about £40 ish, but sometimes we still need a full shop, it depends week from week

xx

it really depends on what we need some times it can be 30 but it can go up to 60 but idon't just buy food i buy everything washing powder, washing up liquid things like that,

£80 a week in asda thats with out nappies and baby milk

same as dionne about £80 but am always going over.

that's a relief, i just wondered if everyone thought £70 per week would be reasonable which is what the budget will likely have to be when I have to give up work etc.

are you glad your made the switch to cloth? I'm wondering if it would be a wise move and I want to BF for longer next time if I can.

Very glad, its no hastle at all and it beats having a stinky wheelie bin great people who come to our front door! They look so cute too, along with using reusable wipes when bub number 2 arrived we have calculated that it will save us £15 a week of our shopping bill at least.

Next week BTW is real nappy week, its worth checking out on your local council website what they are doing, their are normally 'roadshows' all over the place and you can get free samples as well as talking to people about it and trying stuff out.

that sounds cool i'll check it out. It seems like I huge thing changing over but I do like the sound of it.

We spend £80-100 a week, but I buy a lot of crap, and do often end up binning food which I hate doing.

For the two of us plus the cat and dog we spend £60 on a big shop one week and top up the following week with £20.
The big shop includes toiletries and cleaning but the small one doesnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->