food standards agency hygiene ratings!!!

lau86

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this??!!! some local restaurants etc were named and shamed in the paper recently. I couldn't believe some of them were ones we go to quite regularly. Obviously won't be going there now! for anyone that doesn't know they are rated from very good to urgent improvement needed!!! eek i dread to think what's going on in some of these places. I also feel quite angry as we've taken my 86 yr old nana to some of them and by the sounds of it these places are food poisoning waiting to happen- it could have killed her. I've posted the web link here so you can check out the places you go regularly!

https://ratings.food.gov.uk/

The Ironic thing is all the junk food chains are really clean, they may actually be the best places to eat!!

Where I am they have to display their ratings on the door now so you know before you go in-ironically here the local posh Bistro is a 3 and every Kebab shop is a 5 lol

Just checked mine online-on the first page is 2 nursing homes both with only 3!
The villiage near me has a chippy, Chinese and a little caff..The chippy and caff both have only have a 2 and a local spar and pub have only 1! Eek!

Ohhhh shall look at some of the places we go now, tbh I like where we go so would probably still go back even if its low :haha:

The likes of chemists or places like boots that sell sandwiches are listed but not rated as the foods not prepped on site.

Bodrums near me got a 0.

So glad I don't eat there.

V xxx

Oh man - a Thai place we ate at last week in the Trafford Centre got a 0!!!!

where are use seeing the numbers? all i see is a pass or needs improvments bit

glad to see my ex place of work got 5! so it should the amount of effort i used to put into scrubbing the place!!

What rating would put you off eating somewhere? I have to say a 1-no way 2-no way 3-probably not 4-yes 5-yes for me..

Having seen the sheet that lists improvements I know the smallest detail can be a difference of a star. Our deli is shared with a butchers and we were told we were only a four unless we got a splash guard beside their sink as it was beside our weighing scales. I think anything below 3 would put me off. I was surprised a lot of hotels got such bad ratings...all splendour outside and rank kitchens lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->