food standards agency hygiene ratings!!!

Ah the chippy near my mums has a 4 *wipes brow*

Quite shocking how some of them have 0, how are they allowed to stay open?

I told DH about the Thai place & he said 'oh well we didn't get ill!' I certainly won't be eating there again until the improve!
I think for me a lot of it depends on whether I've eaten there before. There are 2 Indian takeaways near us & I noticed the other day that they've both got stickers up saying they've got a 3. I've eaten at one lots of times before, their food is delicious & I've never been sick, so I'd probably eat there again.
I've never eaten at the other one & it looks kind of tatty round the edges & a bit grimey so I'd probably give it a miss!

in all honesty... its easy to get those 'high' marks..

its common sence really, like co-ordinating knives & chopping boards, making sure all work surfaces are cleaned as you go along, make sure mice/fly traps are in relevant places.
making sure fridges are clean including the seal..
that staff have relevant uniform on for their job role, ie servers have hats & apron on etc..

we had to take our uniform off & change into our own clothes if we wanted to go for a cigarette, then wash our hand & re-dress etc..
same for our breaks.

its pretty easy. so i would only eat at a 4 or 5 star..

x

Ooh thanks I love sites like this. I know I got badly positioned by quite a reputable restaurant in this area so going to check it out now xx

Aww bollocks..we are meant to be going out for food tonight to somewhere we have been millions of times and love..its only gone and got a bloody 1 though *sigh
Now to go or to pass..even though I said a 1 is no way I still kinda want to go as love it there lol..

With a rating of one i woud pass lol.
Its mad how dirty some of these places must be,yet the food tastes so good!

I'm really suprised to see the local kebab/pizza shop where we used to live only has a 2. Have to say, it wouldn't stop me eatind there... :haha:

Gutted it doesn't cover all London boroughs and my borough is one of those not covered :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->