Food!!!

motherofboys

Reaction score
I'm making my food lists. What food items is it not Christmas without for you? Include any thing like dinner, dessert, snacks. We have a buffet on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day so anything you NEED for those? Basically the whole Christmas period :haha:

Hmmm obv we need the whole Christmas dinner but another thing I absolutely must have are crackers, cheese and tubs of celebrations :)

I love pigs in blankets, a nice cheeseboard, Terry's chocolate orange and cranberry sauce.

Pigs in blankets! I definitely forgot those from the list. Thanks

Candied yams I have to have them evey year on thanksgiving and Christmas hehe

You want to find a recipe that uses fresh yams aka sweet potatoes and mini marshmallows ontop

Now that sounds like something I could eat a lot of haha

Being in America now, I still like to have stuff I had growing up,
So I go to an international store and get a box of quality streets, terry chocolate orange, Stollen and marzipan (I grew up spending half of my Christmas' in England with my dads fam and half in Germany with my mums fam then moved to Australia which had very similar food to England)

We also do American food, like candied yams, a giant turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, apple and Pumpkin pie. (No diet during the Christmas period ;)

Don't you think it's funny how there's some things you can buy all year, like chocolate oranges and After Eights, yet you don't because they are Christmas foods and you just associate them with Christmas?

Yes! I only say satsumas in winter as I associate the smell with Christmas. I can't eat them any other time of the year!

Mulled wine and those spiced german biscuits (no idea what they actually are lol) I get them from the german Christmas market every year and pay stupid expensive for them, then realised this year that they sell them in Aldi for less than £2 for a huge bag.

Also for me, pigs in blankets, Christmas pudding, and baileys - I don't really like it but I drink it at Christmas, I find that really weird I dont know why I like it at Christmas but I do :haha:

my DH loves Baileys too. He always buys it at Christmas even though he never normally drinks :wine:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->