foods

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Hiya i was wondering what sort of foods you can start giving you baby at about 4/5 months im not really sure what sort of things you can give them ive got some baby rice here im going to try tonight, and would i still breastfeed him or do i replace a breastfeed with the food ? xxx

I would bf as normal hun. Try some veggies to begin with, they say veggies first and fruit later.

So some carrot, butternut squash, sweet potato, potato those sorta first foods. Then once you've got the veggies up and running start on fruit, pureed apple, pear, banana.

hi hun. I breastfed until my daughter didn't want any more (or around 20 mins) and then i offered her some baby rice. To start with she took around 2 -3 teaspoons full. After about 10 days i introduced some pureed vegetables and went from there.

I tried brekkies with Joseph that were really bland at first like baby rice & baby porridge then introduced pureed veggies like carrot, potato etc

Baby rice. Or Heinz do a lovely Rice Pudding that my son adored! When he's used to textures and solids, you can throw in alot more.

I didnt brestfeed. But the HV said just stick to packets & jars till 6months then make your own. Plus at 6months they can have full fat milk in foods so it makes it easier.
I started at 3months as Olivia started waking again in the night. I started with a rusk & milk before bed.
At 4months then started with half jar of dinner.
At 6months started with 3meals aday.
Upto 6months they need there milk. So try to give them that first.
As he takes more food you will notice he will start to drop a feed.
Hope this helps xxxx

I didnt brestfeed. But the HV said just stick to packets & jars till 6months then make your own. Plus at 6months they can have full fat milk in foods so it makes it easier.
I started at 3months as Olivia started waking again in the night. I started with a rusk & milk before bed.
At 4months then started with half jar of dinner.
At 6months started with 3meals aday.
Upto 6months they need there milk. So try to give them that first.
As he takes more food you will notice he will start to drop a feed.
Hope this helps xxxx

ive asked my partner to get some rusks today as im going to try some in his bottle before bed, fingers crossed it helps him sleep longer xxx

I am pretty sure the rusks are for 6 months on only :(

nah just checked box they are 4-6 months so they are fine :)

I am pretty sure the rusks are for 6 months on only :(

nah just checked box they are 4-6 months so they are fine :)

ah thats good someone i know said there good in there milk b4 bed so il give them a go xx

hi just thought i would mention your not supposed to put anything in the bottle at all your HV will tell u this, try giving the rusk mixed with formula milk from a spoon. hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->