~* For the "Did I O?" Ladies *~ (An Ovulation and BBT Temping Guide)

what time of day do you do opks,if your temps stay high for 3 consecutive days u may get crosshairs in next couple of days

try testing with opk 2pm and 6pm to catch surge

I do OPK's in AM (which I know some kits say not to do) but the clearblue digi doesn't say anything against it and that is what I'm using. This morning I did think about testing twice next couple of days just in case so I think I'll do that. Thanks for your response.

This is my first month charting and I have a question. I usually go to sleep around 2 am, and I chart at 6. If I wake to chart any later, I can't go back to sleep, but I was just in school and had to be up by 730 am, but now I don't have to be up for any reason. So, 6 am was a good in between time. Well, last night I had a good case of insomnia and didn't go to sleep till 330 or beyond. I woke up at 630 and temped 97.02 F, and because it wasn't a block of 3 hours, I took again at 11 when I awoke for the day and temped 97.44 F. Should I take the first and note not enough sleep or the second and note that it was at a later time? Thanks in advance guys!

I wud say take the first temp. But i dont no much about chartin lol.
Well i will see wat temps i have tomo, hope it stays high.
Vic x

Hi ladies. Sorry for not checking in over the last couple days. I've been dealing with a bout of insomnia spurred on by the different meds my midwife has had me swapping between the last few weeks. Add to that the stomache sickness that I've been having (insomnia caused maybe??) and I've just been completely wiped out. I'm about to head to bed (hopefully will be getting back to a normal sleep schedule tonight), but I will check in and see how everyone is doing tomorrow. G'night!

what time of day do you do opks,if your temps stay high for 3 consecutive days u may get crosshairs in next couple of days

try testing with opk 2pm and 6pm to catch surge

I do OPK's in AM (which I know some kits say not to do) but the clearblue digi doesn't say anything against it and that is what I'm using. This morning I did think about testing twice next couple of days just in case so I think I'll do that. Thanks for your response.

Well, good thing I tested in the afternoon yesterday as well because I got a :) on the clearblue digi!!! Tested again this morning and a -. If this is the real deal/surge I would've missed it by only testing in the morning. It's not uncommon to get only one + OPK, right? Now I'm just so nervous that my temp won't rise (this mornings temp not much higher than yesterdays) or stay elevated :-S and I'll still have an anovulatory cycle.

Last night after the smiley face I was feeling very good about things. Until I got up after BDing and it felt as though "everything" ran straight out of me (even after and hour of laying flat)! Plus, just found out that another friend is expecting in Feb. Trying to stay positive but finding it hard to.

So glad you caught your surge Hun will prob ov in next 12-48 hours,I got my positive opk this afternoon

So glad you caught your surge Hun will prob ov in next 12-48 hours,I got my positive opk this afternoon

Yay to + OPK's!!! I was so excited! I can't imagine how excited I might be when (I'm saying when instead of 'if' as a way to try staying positive) I get a BFP!

If you bd today,thurs and fri you should be covered

I bought the pink Walgreens BBT because of this thread, in spite of all of the bad reviews I read. I should have listened to the reviews. So far, my thermometers favorite temp for me is 98.17 I keep getting that one!

Hi ladies. Sorry for not checking in over the last couple days. I've been dealing with a bout of insomnia spurred on by the different meds my midwife has had me swapping between the last few weeks. Add to that the stomache sickness that I've been having (insomnia caused maybe??) and I've just been completely wiped out. I'm about to head to bed (hopefully will be getting back to a normal sleep schedule tonight), but I will check in and see how everyone is doing tomorrow. G'night!

Aww home u had a gd sleep in the end this morn n hope u feel better.

So ff hastaken crosshairs off for the 4th time this mth. So annoyin.
Vic x

Omg seriously crosshairs have come back on my chart. Solid red line again. N sayin i ov on cd48 again. Which if correct makes today dpo10. But im sure it will go again tomo lol
Vic x

overanalyzer- Looks like you finally got your +OPK. Congratulations! GL w/your TWW. :flower: PS: The reason opk's are supposed to be done mid day is that LH is produced at night and then released through the body beginning in the AM and lasting throughout the day and into the evening, dissipating in the late-night unless you are mid-surge. This is why fmu is bad for opk's. You have to clear out all the late-night urine to make way for LH-bearing day urine. If you are mid-surge, there is a chance that you might have enough LH is your system in the AM to get a +OPK, but there is also a very good chance that your night urine will water down the small bit of LH-bearing day urine enough that you will not see a positive, even mid-surge. If you test mid day and evening, you can usually see a build up of LH over a couple days before your surge. This is why a lot of ladies swear by testing 3x a day, around 10a (unless that would be fmu, then test next pee), right around dinner time, and then again at bedtime. Since an LH surge can last as short as 10 hours, testing more often can help, especially until you know mre about your personal surge. I'd recommend staying away from fmu, even if the box says it is okay.

Vic- How frustrating! I hope things start making a little more sense soon. It still doesn't really look like you O'd, but it can be so hard to tell w/PCOS cycles. :shrug: Hopefully once you're able to start Clomid you'll see a nice O pattern. FX'd for you!

mbrew- The time closest to when you normally temp at is the one to record. Temp varies by time of day- even when sleeping. Your temp two hours before or after your normal time can be off by an entire degree F. (Half a degree Celsius). The circadian rhythm of our bodies regulates hormone release. Different hormones are released at different time and change our temperatures, our blood/urine properties, the way our brains function, etc. (Example: See LH info in my response to overanalyzer.) There many other chemicals/hormones in our bodies that work with our cycles and our temps. (Estrogen and progesterone are a couple.) So timing of your temp can even be more important than whether you got two hours or eight hours of sleep before temping. I have found that as long as I've gotten two hours of sleep I get pretty accurate results. The things that really mess up my temp are no sleep at all or temping more than 30 minutes off of my normal time. If either of those things happen I still enter the info into FF, but I check the "discard" button, because those temps are generally very, very inaccurate.

Powell130- How strange. Maybe your battery is bad? I have been using the same WG thermometer for a year and a half with no problems and have spoken with many other women who use it. All digital thermometers will begin to flatline though if the battery is dying, and that is often a problem with BBT thermometers. Question for you, are you getting the exact same temp every day, or are you just getting that temp most often? Like I said in my review, the temps are actually conversions of C and are not going to be accurate to the hundredth place. If you temp is only moving around a little bit, seeing a few of the same temp is not abnormal. Also, some women actually do semi-flatline at certain places in their cycles. (I tend to do this every few cycles right before I O.) Could this be possible?

It's brand new lol I bought it this cycle. But I read your response above mine and I didn't know being THAT close to the same time taking it was that important. I figured it needed to be maybe within an hour of each day, not 30 min. That may be why because sometimes I wake up before my alarm but since I wont get another few hours to sleep I go ahead and take it.

Powell130- It really is amazing how important timing can be. Try to temp at the exact same time each day for a few days and let me know how things go. :) The more precise you can be, the more correct your chart will be. What I have found works well is setting my alarm for a specific time and just going back to sleep after temping if I don't need to be up yet. I set mine for the very earliest I ever need to be up, so usually I do go back to sleep after temping. It works pretty well for me. GL!

PS: If you wake up before your alarm, but fall right back asleep, you can still take your temp at your alarm and it should be fine. Sometimes I wake up and hour or so before my alarm goes off because I have to pee. The short trip to the bathroom followed by going right back to sleep doesn't affect my temps. It does take a few hours for your temps to settle after first going to bed, but waking up for a few minutes does not usually raise your temp enough that you'll need three more hours for it to settle down. (Now if you woke up and ran laps around your house for a few minutes, that might be a different story! :winkwink: )

Edit: Some people also get flat temps if they temp orally due to mouth breathing. I don't know if that applies to you or not, but it is one of the reasons I chose to temp vaginally. When I started temping, I temped oral and my temps were not moving much at all. Turns out I breath through my mouth a lot when I'm asleep. (Just another thing to think about.)

I got the nexcare thermo from amz coming today! I used the pink one from walgreens and liked it but it is not back lit.

Let me know how the nexcare works out. I've heard that some women who temp vaginally feel it is a bit on the short side, but other than that, I haven't really heard any reviews either way. I'd love to hear how it works out for you. :flower:

Powell130- It really is amazing how important timing can be. Try to temp at the exact same time each day for a few days and let me know how things go. :) The more precise you can be, the more correct your chart will be. What I have found works well is setting my alarm for a specific time and just going back to sleep after temping if I don't need to be up yet. I set mine for the very earliest I ever need to be up, so usually I do go back to sleep after temping. It works pretty well for me. GL!

PS: If you wake up before your alarm, but fall right back asleep, you can still take your temp at your alarm and it should be fine. Sometimes I wake up and hour or so before my alarm goes off because I have to pee. The short trip to the bathroom followed by going right back to sleep doesn't affect my temps. It does take a few hours for your temps to settle after first going to bed, but waking up for a few minutes does not usually raise your temp enough that you'll need three more hours for it to settle down. (Now if you woke up and ran laps around your house for a few minutes, that might be a different story! :winkwink: )

Edit: Some people also get flat temps if they temp orally due to mouth breathing. I don't know if that applies to you or not, but it is one of the reasons I chose to temp vaginally. When I started temping, I temped oral and my temps were not moving much at all. Turns out I breath through my mouth a lot when I'm asleep. (Just another thing to think about.)

Thank you so much! I feel like i'm the problem now haha I get up a couple times a night to go pee but I go right back to sleep so I always felt that had more of an impact on my temps than the time. Boy was I wrong! lol So I'm going to set a new alarm for 6 (rather than 7) and try that for a week and see what my temps look like. I'm going to make sure to take it at the same time every day, rather than within the same hour. Thank you again for your response. I hope I can get it figured out :)

Powell130- No problem hunny! Good luck with your charting. It took me a couple months to really get it all figured out and to get settled into a good temping routine. The first month is the hardest for sure, but you will be a temping pro in no time! Let me know how things are going after you've gotten a few more temps. If for some reason you are still seeing a flat line after several days of consistent temping, I'd go ahead and swap out the battery. You never do know how long a thermometer has been sitting in storage before it is shipped out to you or the store, and some batteries just don't like to hang around for the wait. Btw: Are you charting online? If you put your chart into your signature, everyone on BnB will be able to help your decipher it.

I used to temp but I stopped as I saw I wasn't ovulating and it was frustrating. But I have started again since my MC at the end of June since I apparently ovulated sometime! But I haven't really gotten back into a good routine. I'm trying tho! lol I have missed a few temps this month. But honestly, I have been using the temps from my old thermometer because I bought the new one in middle of the cycle and I don't want it to throw everything off. So I will start charting with the new thermometer next cycle (if there is one! this is my first cycle trying Soy so I'm hoping it will work its magic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->