For the Reproductively Challenged xxxxx

Wishing you the best of luck Deb...did they at least give you a ballpark figure, like maybe this summer? What are your plans if they do find major problems (I hope it doesn't come to that!!)?

They haven't given us any idea of timings at all, apart from 'next appt 12th May'. I guess it's hard for them to say much more until they know a bit more :shrug:

If there's no sperm being produced then we have to look at donor sperm or adoption :nope: but we're not ready to deal with that yet ...

Thanks Tysonme :flower:
Be careful though, you don't wanna cross too much or your baby might come out cross-eyed. lmoa. Ok I know I should not joke about that. From now on all my jokes will not include unborn children. :baby: They are just so easy to tease because they are so deffenseless. Dammit I did it again. Ok every joke after that one! (Can you tell my pma is way high)

I know what you mean Deb. Some people really don't get it either. A close co-worker asked me how ttc was going. I told her it wasn't as easy as we expected, but we are getting through with medicine and hope for our bfp soon. Then she said why haven't you guys just adopted. You woulda had a baby by now. then she starts going on about all these children in need of homes, etc... This was coming from the same girl that told me she never plans on having kids. She just thinks that if you wanna be a mom you just grab some random kid and your set. I have the upmost respect and honour for those families who adopt children. They put a lot of thought into their decision and ultimatly I hope they are happier than they've ever been. But I'm too selfish. I want to have every aspect of motherhood and not miss a thing. That means pregnancy, giving birth, etc... She just made me sooo mad when she acted as if it was some flighty decision that everyone should make as soon as they become reproductivly challenged. ERG! *think happy thoughts, happy thoughts* ok happy me is back. Only happy thoughts from now on. :)

LoL shlindz...I am confident Butterball will not be cross-eyed. I agree about adoption. It is great that some people choose to adopt, but me personally, I would like to have my own flesh and blood first. I think pregnancy is a beautiful journey for a woman to go through. Nothing else compares.

I don't want to miss out on any part of my child's life - pre or post birth and the thought that you may adopt a toddler who has had this whole little life experience before you would be so hard. I think we could adopt a baby but I'm just not sure - it's a tricky and incredibly unselfish thing to do :shrug:

Ya way to rub it in Tysonme,
"Pregnancy is a beautiful journey, blah blah blah" :haha:

I'm just kidding. Love you! :hugs:

I totally agree with you and Deb. I'm just not that unselfish. I can't imagine not being there for every moment. I'm bad like that with my dogs. lol When my dog had a litter of puppies I wanted to be there for every milestone. I watched 8 little husky puppies play for the first time, run for the first time, and eat mush for the first time. I couldn't imagine myself missing all that. I'm gonna be a million times worse with a baby not covered in fur. lol

Hey girls, do you mind if I join you?

My DH has just been diagnosed with azoospermia, the same as Deb111's DH I think? There was zero sperm in his sample.

Anyway, we are currently waiting to see the urologist but it's taking forever!

The more the merrier Flakey!!!
How long have you and DH been ttc??? First baby???
I know I'm nosey ;) We just want to get to know you!

fx for your urologists appt.

The more the merrier Flakey!!!
How long have you and DH been ttc??? First baby???
I know I'm nosey ;) We just want to get to know you!

fx for your urologists appt.

Thanks!!!! Feel free to be as nosey as you like!!!:winkwink:

It's our first, and we were NTNP really since we got married in 2008, then I tried the CBFM in the summer. Went to GP in Jan & found out about the azoospermia in March. It was pretty horrific at first but I've gotten over the shock & am impatiently waiting for our appointment!

Hey girls, do you mind if I join you?

My DH has just been diagnosed with azoospermia, the same as Deb111's DH I think? There was zero sperm in his sample.

Anyway, we are currently waiting to see the urologist but it's taking forever!

Hi Jo

It's good to find someone else in the same position (although I wouldn't wish it on anyone!)

We found out about hubby's problem just over 2 weeks ago - having been sent a letter saying that his first sample was 'normal' - turns out someone pressed the wrong button and sent the wrong letter cos it was far from 'normal'!

I went through the major shock, tears etc for the first week and now I just feel quite numb about it all and in limbo - it's horrible having to wait around to find out your fate.

Luckily our appt with the urologist isn't too far away - 12th May - but we've been warned they may not be able to tell us much more at that stage.

Have they told you what options you have available yet or how long you will have to wait for an appt?

Deb :hugs:

Hi Deb
That's so horrible that they gave you the wrong results!!! Can't imagine how awful that must have felt when they told you.

Well I managed to contact urology today to find out when the appt is, & they told me it wouldn't be till July or August!! Which is pretty bad.

We're going private for the ICSI (my parents have offered to pay) cause the NHS waiting list here is at least 2 years!!!

So I'm going to phone the private clinic on Monday & just get an appointment I think.

We've already seen the FS who took blood from DH, & told us they will do a surgical sperm retrieval but there's a chance that there won't be any sperm there.

It's all a nightmare but it's good to talk to other people with the same problem! Although I totally agree with you, I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Hope your appt goes well on the 12th, have you had any tests yourself?

Hi Deb
That's so horrible that they gave you the wrong results!!! Can't imagine how awful that must have felt when they told you.

Well I managed to contact urology today to find out when the appt is, & they told me it wouldn't be till July or August!! Which is pretty bad.

We're going private for the ICSI (my parents have offered to pay) cause the NHS waiting list here is at least 2 years!!!

So I'm going to phone the private clinic on Monday & just get an appointment I think.

We've already seen the FS who took blood from DH, & told us they will do a surgical sperm retrieval but there's a chance that there won't be any sperm there.

It's all a nightmare but it's good to talk to other people with the same problem! Although I totally agree with you, I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Hope your appt goes well on the 12th, have you had any tests yourself?

I've had the basic bloods, STI tests and internal scan - when we went for last appt, I expected referals for HSG, laproscopy etc but none of it is necessary now.

We're basically being told exactly the same as you - sperm retrieval and ICSI - IF they find sperm. We haven't been given a time scale yet but my parents have also offered any financial help we need - dh lost both of his parents within the last 10 years - and I know how lucky we are not to have the stress of worrying about money too and we are SO grateful to them for that.

July / August is a ridiculous amount of time to have to be in limbo with this kind of news hanging over you - I hope you manage to get a provate appt sorted easily

Keep me posted

Hugs
Deb x

Oh we are both very lucky with the financial help. Cause it's not cheap. Although some clinics do an egg share programme; the treatment is much cheaper if you donate your eggs to infertile women which I'd be quite happy about.

Also apparently, they do the sperm retreival & egg collection on the same day, which means we'd have to wait till then to find out if there's sperm there. If there isn't, there would be donor sperm lined up to use I guess. Hopefully that won't happen but we've already prepared ourselves for the possibility.

I think they will also do ultrasound for our DHs, and for us too I think, before the ICSI.

I agree with you that July/August is a really long time. We've waited 7 weeks already & that seems like ages! I guess urology must be pretty busy in Glasgow.

Hi Flake-y and Deb,

I figured I would help with whatever info I have, but I'm sure you ladies did the google searches already. Here's what I know about increasing sperm.

-Keep testicles cool
-Drink tonnes of water (8 plus glasses a day)
-Take Zinc
-Avoid Caffeine and alcohol
-Go for massages (avoid stress)

I'v also heard that sperm count is the highest in the morning. And I read somewhere before that some men take Clomid to help with sperm production. ??? I can't find the article again though. I'll keep looking.

Hopefully this helps some :)

Yeah I've heard that about clomid too; not sure what it does though!! I'll google it & see.

Thanks for the tips; afraid I've had poor DH doing these for months! He even had to cut out his beloved red bull too, the poor soul!!!

Thanks shlindz - my hubby too has been doing all this and is tee total - he continues to do it in the hope that there is a blockage and sperm is still being produced - we want those little :spermy: to be the best quality for ICSI :thumbup:

That's so good of both your DH's. And they thought having a baby would be moslty work for us women :winkwink:

So I'm not completely sure, but I might have seen a line. :bfp: Yup a very very faint little line. I'm a little excited, but afraid to get my hopes up. I just used an internet cheapy that you dip. I'm not sure how accurate they are. Heck I'm not sure how accurate I am lol. I didn't chart this cycle so I'm not sure exactly when/if O was. I think it was cd16 or around there. So that makes me about 13dpo. I would expect a little more than a faint line at 13dpo. So I'm going to pick up a frer today. It's gonna take me sooo much courage to actually do the test though. My belly has little butterflies floating around because i'm so nervous. I'm not gonna mention to DH yet. I don't wanna tell him "I think I'm pregnant". I wanna be able to say "I am pregnant". Eeek. I'm probably gonna sneek off to the drugstore as soon as DH leaves for work. Thank goodness I don't have to work today or my head would be going in circles. :wacko:
I'll post again with frer results. FX

So DH just left for work and I couldn't help it. I tested with another internet cheapy. I told myself. If this one comes up even fainter or neg then I'm not gonna bother going to pixck up a frer. Well by golly. This one showed up a little sooner, but still very faint. So now my excitement is rising. Going to get outta the housecoat soon and take a walk to the drugstore.

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see!! I am so excited for you!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->