For the Reproductively Challenged xxxxx

Hi ladies

Just wondering if I can join you and your lovely group. Not sure if it counts if hubby is the one with the infertility factor? But we are looking at possible ICSI. We had been told all tests were good so far, but they'd made an error and everything is very definately NOT good. Still reeling from the shock at yesterday's appt :cry:

Deb x

Hi Deb! Welcome :)
Sorry to hear about your hubby. I know the shock your talking about. I'm sure we all do. The one where you just refuse to believe the words that come flowing out of the docs mouth. Then you try to grab them all and shove them back in. Take it back take it back you keep thinking. But it just never happens. Well atleast thats how my shock went. lol

Sorry I haven't been around in a few days ladies. Things are still crazy with the army and life in general. DH and I didn't get the clomid this cycle. We couldn't make it to the doc's office to beg. So we'll try a non-clomid cycle. I promised myself I wouldn't go mental this cycle as well so I'm not temping. The lack of temping might actually drive me more crazy though.

How are things going with everyone? Cazd any new news on the IVF front?

Hey shlindz...sorry you didn't get the Clomid, but it might be good to take a break from all the TTC madness. I've heard plenty of stories of ladies who took a break and fell pregnant naturally on that cycle. Fx crossed for you sweets.

Welcome Deb! Anymore news on what the plan of action will be or how soon you can start with it?

AFM, just waiting for my appointment tomorrow morning...17 and a half hours to go!!

Thanks for the welcome and replies girls

Shlindz - I couldn't have put it better myself - I just sat there thinking "this is something that you hear about happening to other people not me"

Tysonme - no more news yet - next appt is on 12th May and not even sure how much clearer we will know after that :shrug:

Well, I do hope you get some answers and at the very least, get the ball rolling. How long have you been TTC?

Tyson I was one of those girls! Took clomid one month then decided not to the next and wham! Preggo!

Well, I do hope you get some answers and at the very least, get the ball rolling. How long have you been TTC?

We've been TTC since we got married 20 months ago. Didn't go for help until about 16/17th months as hubby was resistant as he thought it would just happen when I relaxed a bit. Wish we'd gone a lot sooner though, especially as I'm 36 and dh is 44

its a kick isnt it - when you think it'll just happen - and then it doesn't and time starts ticking VERY loudly !

I feel exactly the same way - like this whole infertility thing happens to other people - and now I'm just a few weeks away from IVF - its so bizzarre!

So I have always had irregular and long cycles.. like maybe only 6 periods a year.. I am kicking myself for not paying any more attention before..!

I usually have no clue where I am at.. AF is here today so I guess I can finally start trying to figure out what is going on with some level of knowledge. I'm trying this thing where you sleep in darkness except for the nights of the full moon in which you turn a small light on. I read that some women have great success getting their cycles to sync up with the moon and thus regulate and become shorter. I am hoping that will work for me but.. I dunno.. I am also taking maca.. well I bought some and hubby has been taking it but I have only taken it once so far because of the taste. Interestingly enough that was 4 days ago when my cramping started and I had such a weird start to AF that I had never had before that I thought maybe I was pregnant and it was IB. No idea if Maca could have *THAT* fast a response but thought it was interesting after having no sign of AF in a little over 2 months that it would start to come at EXACTLY the day after I had some Maca the night before.. but anyway..

So I am considering going to my doctor for a full workup to try and figure out what is wrong.. I don't think it's PCOS.. but I have no clue what else to look for.. how do I know if my cycles are annovulatory.. or just long..? Where to start..? I know that we haven't been TTC for a long time yet but I do already know that something is wrong with my cycles so why wait ykwim..?

Thanks ladies..

Hi Izzy

Go with your instinct and what your body is telling you. I 'knew' something was wrong and regret not having gone for help sooner - now we find out there is a MAJOR problem

Good luck

Sorry to hear that Deb =( what was the major problem..? I take it has to do with your hubby..?
I will definitely make an appointment with my doctor for very soon..

No sperm in his samples! :shrug:

They're hoping it's there, but just being blocked and in that case it will have to be retrieved surgically and then ICSI / IVF for me

If it's not being produced for some reason, then that's it .... :nope:

Hi ladies, how's everyone doing?

Cazd your so close to IVF. I'm so excited. You are too I'm sure :)

Kelly you're in double digits now. WOOT!!!

Tysonme, how'd you're appointment go???

Deb, when is DH getting tested again to see if he's blocked? what kind of test do that do?

Izzy, Welcome :) Sorry to hear your havinh problems, but we're all glad you're here. The best way to know whether or not you're ovulating is to use a bbt. Basal Body Temperature. Tools such as fertility friend are awesome. Use their charting course and learn as much as you can. Eventually you will be able to read the patterns in you're bbt chart like an expert. It's so easy to see where you are in your cycle, whether you ovulated and even whether you're pregnant. It can be overwhelming and somewhat burdensome so take it slow and easy. I'm on a charting break this cycle. Didn't feel like going crazy. lol

So ya I'm not charting, but I will keep track of a few signs. Like yesterday I had ewcm. I don't remember that last time I saw ewcm. Hmmmm....I'm getting a little excited. Gonna hafta jump DH tonight :winkwink:. Just so happens that the ewcm corresponds with CD14. No freakin way is what I keep saying. for the first time in my life my chart and my signs are lining up like a "normal" women. Pfft. I'm still skeptical.... with a twinge of excitement. FX!!!

Hey shlindz, took a look at your chart and it's looking good for you!! Fx for you!!

AFM, my appointment went great. We didn't get an ultrasound, but we did get to hear Butterball's heart beating. We're going to tell our friends this weekend at a small get-together.

That's awesome Tysonme. I'm glad you got to hear it :)

Deb, when is DH getting tested again to see if he's blocked? what kind of test do that do?

Appt with urologist is on 12th May but that's just a consultation and physical exam - not sure how much they will be able to tell us at that appt. Then we discuss the SSR where apparently they 'drill' for sperm to see if there's any being made and just not getting through :shrug: but I think that may be a while away as I think I have to be IVF 'ready to go' in case they find some because they will remove then and there and like to do a fresh cycle

Still very much in the dark about it all

Wishing you the best of luck Deb...did they at least give you a ballpark figure, like maybe this summer? What are your plans if they do find major problems (I hope it doesn't come to that!!)?

Awww Deb your poor dh. I'm sure he's just quivering. I know my dh would be running and hiding if you mentioned drilling for sperm. Good luck with your consult. I hope they can atleast turn a light on the subject for you so you don't feel so in the dark :hugs:

I tried so hard not to get excited. I said no charting, no ov tests, and no going crazy this cycle. I don't want to get my hopes up especially on a non-clomid cycle. Well that's not going so well. lol I can feel the excitement brewing. I'm trying not to read into the signs, but ladies I think I may have O'd on my own for the very first time in my life!!! :happydance:
I can't know for sure, but maybe just maybe it happened. I'v had the right cm for a few days, and yesterday I got these slight twingy cramps in my lower abdomin on the right hand side only. ??? Anyone wanna confirm what Ov pain feels like, cuz I deffinatly don't know. Oh boy oh boy the excitements getting to me. I think I'm back in the game ladies. Even if I don't get pg this cycle, I'm super stoked to think that maybe the Metformin is working and my hormones are starting to do what they're supposed to. Eeeek!!!! :)

lol looks like I'll be peeing on sticks again soon. :loopy:

Eeeeek!! shlindz, when are you planning to POAS? Your chart looks good as far as CM and ovary pains are a good sign. I don't remember OVing on my own ever, but when I did on the Clomid in February I got pains on both sides. I've got all my crossables crossed for you...fingers, toes, legs, and arms!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->