For those having #2 , #3 and so on ... What will you do differently and the same?

I doubt I'll do anything differently with labor or delivery, but I'll certainly raise this child differently than the others.
I've had 20 years to think about it.
I've gone from being an uneducated teenager to being a middle-aged woman with a degree in early child development, and a decade of experience working with children.
Although it's sad that my other children will not get the benefit of any of this, this new child damn sure will.

On the down side, people will probably mistake me for this child's grandma, rather than mother. :wacko: This child will actually be a year younger than my granddaughter.

I will get as much rest as possible instead of going crazy & cleaning my bathroom floors after my water's broke, lol.
I'll try not to have an epidural or so much intervention this time round & will fight my own corner a bit better.
I know more this time round & i defo believe in the saying 'when you know better, you do better' so i really hope that rings true for me.
I will eat healthier this time & go easy on myself if i feel crap.
I will ask for help as and when i need it & not feel bad about it :dohh:

I think pretty much everything else, I will keep the same though. x

Clover Jane have I got a story for you! I am 27, I have two brothers (25 and 15), and then my little sister is 4. All 3 of my children are older than my little sister (their aunt), my son and her are only 6 months apart. Yes, that means me and my mom were pregnant at the same time!

There are times when people assume my mom is Kiera's grandmother, when she has my kids with her and they are all calling her grandma, too!

Your granddaughter and your baby will be best of friends, I know my kids can't live without my little sister!!

Thanks Samantha! I've heard of them before when I had my other children, and in books, and I know for a fact there is a group in my area, so I'll definitely make time to attend a meeting or two before LO is here. I'm so determined to do it this time around!

Determination & support are key. I was sooooo determined to nurse my son. So I didn't think "if it doesn't work...". Don't get me wrong, it was really hard some times. I remember thinking I just cant do this. So I stopped thinking about the future. I focused on that feed and didn't worry about the next or the next.

Nice thread.

I will not get so stressed with work whilst I'm pregnant this time - already trying to kerb that at the moment before it spirals!

I will try not to worry about what other people think about the way we raise our children/look after our babies - breastfeeding being the main one, if I want to bfeed for a year, others who are totally unrelated to the situation, can take their opinions and bog off! I will try to be more confident about feeding in public and not hide away as much as last time.

Sure I have others, but those are 2 that spring to mind straight away!

I will speak up and resist bossy midwives.

I will take a shower, put make up on, get dressed nicely asap (no eeyore PJs). So my post-birth pics are half decent.

I will not worry about my baby crying and fuss over everything, and if I need to go to the loo, I won't feel guilty I'll just go!

I won't buy 1million baby grows in newborn size LOL

Clover Jane have I got a story for you! I am 27, I have two brothers (25 and 15), and then my little sister is 4. All 3 of my children are older than my little sister (their aunt), my son and her are only 6 months apart. Yes, that means me and my mom were pregnant at the same time!

There are times when people assume my mom is Kiera's grandmother, when she has my kids with her and they are all calling her grandma, too!

Your granddaughter and your baby will be best of friends, I know my kids can't live without my little sister!!

This pattern runs in my family too.
I have an uncle the same age as me; my youngest sister is the same age as my son, and now my child will be younger than my grandchild.

The women in my family tend to have children very young, then have at least one late-in-life baby.

I hope my granddaughter and baby (daughter?? I HOPE) will be close. That would be such fun for me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->