For those having #2 , #3 and so on ... What will you do differently and the same?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
This time I really understand and apprecaiate pregnancy at more, especially after a loss in Jan. I also am trying not to be super woman and actually take care of myself more.

I am not so worried about what others think, I will do things my way, we all raise our children, birth, and live our lives differently, and its what works for us.

I know no matter what I have my little boy who is the world to me, after my miscarraige i realised how lucky i was, and that some poeple lose babies and dont have other children to love yet. Although I cant wait to meet these TWO precious babies either. :happydance:

I will take labour pictures, i know that sounds silly but i am a bit gutted i didnt have any pictures of me labouring with Sam, I looked terrible after giving birth so I cant imagine i would have looked much worse in labour lol!

I will say yes to drugs and any pain releif i am offered:haha:

Im going to relax and enjoy this pregnancy.

I will take a hypnobirthing class, and hire a doula. I will have a hbac!

thinking of having a water birth as with my last three i was in the bath and did not need pain relief and then because it was not a temp controlled pool they dragged me out which made the pain hit me full force.
will tell people that i am not having visitors for at least two days and that means mil and fil especially.
i will try not to worry about my other children as soon as i deliver, i will savour the moment.
i will remember to sleep the night that i have the baby as last time i stayed up all night running on adrenaline looking at the baby and then when i had to get up with my then 2 year old daughter i felt rough

Im planning on getting hubby to take two weeks off in addition to his two week parternity, afterall, he was off two weeks with our son, surley he should be around for 4 will twins lol!

I will make sure I dont rush to do everything. I will take the time to enjoy becoming a mum to a newborn. I will make sure that all our children know that they are all loved and I shall stick two fingers up to anyone who tries to make us feel guilty or bad.

I'm not being as paranoid this pregnancy. Paranoia about what could go wrong ate me up last time and i was a wreck. I think it was due to my previous mmc but still i was what i believe too worried. I am just going with it this time!

I will make sure I dont rush to do everything. I will take the time to enjoy becoming a mum to a newborn. I will make sure that all our children know that they are all loved and I shall stick two fingers up to anyone who tries to make us feel guilty or bad.

I think im going to have that problem. Im so use to having to do everything by myself (and my OH who i supportive) and i like to prove how great i am at doing everything lol! I really need to get into my head that I will need to chill, im going to have three children under 2! :dohh:

does he still only get two weeks off if it is twins.
not sure if it is worked out per pregnancy or per baby.
if it is still only two weeks then you definitely want him to take extra time, i wish my dh could take extra time being as this time i will have to do the school run every morning and i did not have to last time but his work will not authorise it in dec/jan

I am on #4 and each time i have dont things differently. I suppose this nex time things will be done differntly again, it all depends. I had pics took of Daisy my 13 month old being born but this time i want the labour and birth filmed as i know this is my last baby x

This time I will take more pictures during pregnancy.

I'm working full time right now, which I was not doing during my 3 other pregnancies, so I'm trying to balance between being at work everyday, and taking some time for myself, as I still have a house to maintain, 3 children to take care of, and a marriage to keep sane. :)

I am the type of person who welcomes visitors with open arms, because I am blessed with a wonderful family, both my own and my in-laws. When they come to visit, yes, they want to see baby, but I ALWAYS got asked what they can do for me, and this time I'm going to take them up on their offer to change the laundry, cook supper, do the dishes or grab groceries for me. :thumbup:

Also, this time I am giving a good go of breast feeding! I "tried" in the hospital with my other kids, but I felt it was too hard, and I hadn't really researched it at all! But this time I have the full support of DH, and have been reading up on it already, and hope to attend a class or two before LO gets here. Also, we plan on cloth diapering with this one, which is something new to us. My SIL is using them now with her LO and loves it!

I am going to take more pictures of my stomach this time. More for my viewing pleasure than anybody else's... but I only have a couple from the first go-round and I hate that. I don't really remember how big I was!! :dohh:

I am not going to let my anxiousness to be holding Baby take over my common sense. S/he will come when ready, and unless I go ridiculously far past my due date, I don't want to force the labor.

I am going to sleep as much in the hospital as humanly possible. :rofl: Even though, the hospital is the only place I'll be allowing visitors for the first week or so. I've already planned my birth announcement on Facebook :haha:... I'll say, "[Baby] was born on [date] at [time], weighing so much. We are very excited to get to know him/her over the next 18 years, but especially in the next couple of weeks. Therefore, I'm asking that nobody tries to come and visit until I say otherwise. You will be turned away at our door. However, we will be going home from the hospital today/tomorrow/whenever and you are more than welcome to come meet him/her here! Thanks all!" ......that will probably also be mass-texted out to all my family in the area who doesn't get on Facebook.

I just have this gut feeling that my MIL is going to try to "help out" by taking our son and I REALLY don't want him to think that we had another baby to replace him somehow. DS will not be staying with anybody else after the baby is here until I feel sure that he won't feel "handed off" or replaced or like the baby is taking over our lives.

This time, I will reach out for breastfeeding support if I have struggles. My hugest regret with DS is that I didn't do that and I struggled all the way through and gave it up at 10 weeks. :nope:

Beyond that, everything has to do with standing up to my boundary-crossing MIL this time instead of letting her walk all over me while I waited patiently for my husband to do something about it. After two years, he's obviously not going to tell her to sit down and shut up, so I will be doing that whenever and wherever I feel necessary!

And for now... I plan to just completely and totally enjoy being pregnant! Especially now that I'm not feeling so poorly.:coffee:

i will take more photos of me during pregnancy with the boys and without and with the baby when its here ( got zillons of photos of the boys but hardly any of them with me ) will take "labor pics" didnt get the chance last time hubby only just made it in time for the birth no time for a camera lol.
I'll take things at my own pace and not push it , both now whilst pregnant and when baby is here

I will sleep as much as possible, so I don't go into labour having had 2 hours sleep the previous night....

I will persevere with breastfeeding, even if it makes me depressed again.

Pics during labour/right after baby is born.

Be more relaxed and not panic about baby crying!

Prepare better for baby's arrival... (ie budget for the crib etc and plan when we will buy things).

I will sleep as much as possible, so I don't go into labour having had 2 hours sleep the previous night....

I will persevere with breastfeeding, even if it makes me depressed again.

Pics during labour/right after baby is born.

I'm with you on these points!!!

does he still only get two weeks off if it is twins.
not sure if it is worked out per pregnancy or per baby.
if it is still only two weeks then you definitely want him to take extra time, i wish my dh could take extra time being as this time i will have to do the school run every morning and i did not have to last time but his work will not authorise it in dec/jan

no its per pregnancy, grrrr... but he thinks he should get double lol! he works shorter shifts in the winter and longer in the summer, so will def need him off when baby comes, but the advantage of that is that we have loads of holiday to take as he is off so much in the summer anyway! :D

hardly seems fair, twice the work twice the paternity leave. think we should call for a change.
at least he is able to take holiday aswell.
do you have close family or friends that are also going to be able to help out

No not really, my mums disabled so although im sure she will be here A LOT she cant change nappies or help much really.

Also, this time I am giving a good go of breast feeding! I "tried" in the hospital with my other kids, but I felt it was too hard, and I hadn't really researched it at all! But this time I have the full support of DH, and have been reading up on it already, and hope to attend a class or two before LO gets here. Also, we plan on cloth diapering with this one, which is something new to us. My SIL is using them now with her LO and loves it!

If there is a local chaper of the La Leche League near you, then I would recommend attending a meeting or two before you have your baby, and then once you are up and around, if you are having problems or need support or just want to be around other bfing mothers, then go. It really helped me when I had my son. I attended my first meeting when he was 5 1/2 weeks old, and I wished I had gone before. Listening to new mothers talk about there experience can give you such an advantage to know what challenges you could face. Plus it is just nice to be in a room full of mothers who are, or have been where you are, kwim?

Thanks Samantha! I've heard of them before when I had my other children, and in books, and I know for a fact there is a group in my area, so I'll definitely make time to attend a meeting or two before LO is here. I'm so determined to do it this time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->