For those in limbo...

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
Firstly, how is everyone doing?

How are you coping and getting through the time before your next scan/appointment to see which direction things are going?

I was thinking maybe we could have a thread for us to get through this hard time together.

Hey, good idea!

I have been feeling pretty low since my 'inconclusive' scan on Thurs...and don't get another for 2 weeks :(

Trying to just distract myself as much as I can with films & books in the evening but always find myself drifting back to thoughts about whats going on. Impossible not to think about it!! I'm just so anxious.

How are you doing? xx

I have to wait two weeks as well. It's torture and not even a week down yet. Doing everything I can to distract myself. It's easier said than done though! Hopefully we will all have healthy little babies on our next scans. Gotta stay postive!

I'm in limbo bc u went for a scan.. They found 2 sacs.. One empty one measuring 8 weeks and one measuring 6 weeks. The 6 week one had a small heartbeat, but I have to wait a week to see if the pregnancy is progressing as normal. I try to distract myself but it is hard. I just pray for a healthy baby

I'm 8 weeks pregnant seen sac yolk and baby bean and heartbeat Wednesday but been bleeding since Friday and seems to be getting red and a little heavier, so I'm in limbo as midwife has told me to try and rest till I see my GP
Monday dunno if I'm having a MC or not, fingers crossed we all get good news,
Good luck all xXx

:wave: I've got ages to wait before anything. Only just found out I'm pregnant so seems A LONG time before scans etc

Cherrished, are you having cramping too? I've bled brown, pink and red with on/off cramping but had an internal and cervix was closed. I just don't know what's going on. Doctor said it's a 'threatened miscarriage' but then my levels came back good which gave me some hope but then the scan was inconclusive....such an emotional rollercoaster!!! :nope:

Hope we all get good news :hugs:

I'm in limbo bc u went for a scan.. They found 2 sacs.. One empty one measuring 8 weeks and one measuring 6 weeks. The 6 week one had a small heartbeat, but I have to wait a week to see if the pregnancy is progressing as normal. I try to distract myself but it is hard. I just pray for a healthy baby

does this mean you ovulated twice? at different times? xxx

Cherrished, are you having cramping too? I've bled brown, pink and red with on/off cramping but had an internal and cervix was closed. I just don't know what's going on. Doctor said it's a 'threatened miscarriage' but then my levels came back good which gave me some hope but then the scan was inconclusive....such an emotional rollercoaster!!! :nope:

I was in the same situation my last pregnancy... ultrasound showed an empty sac, diagnosed as threatened miscarriage, spotting... my son is almost 21 months!!! Good luck, hope it turns out well!

I was in the same situation my last pregnancy... ultrasound showed an empty sac, diagnosed as threatened miscarriage, spotting... my son is almost 21 months!!! Good luck, hope it turns out well!

Thankyou. It's good to hear positive stories :flower:

I'm honestly not sure if I ovulated twice. I really didn't get any answers and I left feeling so disconnected and foggy. My doctor did tell me that empty sacs grow faster. I had abdominal scans that never showed a 2nd sac, but I have a tilted uterus that tilts toward my back. This time we did a trans vaginal ultrasound and that's how we found it. If the one sac is in fact empty, I wish it would move and give my little one room to grow and progress!

Thankyou ladies,

Not really Hun the odd twinge here and there, just praying for the best xx

Leafy that's great your levels have come back good and your cervix is closed surely that's a good sign, xx

Leafy: It is impossible to not think about what's going on :( I've read before about people being in limbo and my heart always went out to them because I couldn't imagine what they were going through.

Hopefully the distractions will work some. I know it's impossible to constantly be distracted, but hopefully you can find a balance that gets you through.

maryanne1987: It's so easy to think distractions could work all the time, but it's so hard! When is your next appointment/scan?

I really hope we see some positive outcomes in this thread. I'm really praying for everyone in here. I always figured it was hard for someone to go through something like this, but I never knew just how hard until I ended up here myself.

Puppylove52: That's strange about the 2 sacs! I really hope things turn out to be progressing normally, and I'm interested to hear if they can tell you why 2 sacs. I was thinking along the same lines as Leafy about 2 ovulations. I'm sorry they weren't able to provide more answers. It's such a hard place to be! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

cherrished: :( That's great that you got a heartbeat though! I wonder if the bleed could be a subchronic hematoma? From everything I've heard, not cramping is a good sign. The twinges sound like they could be just the normal stretches. I really hope things go well at your appointment! I know it's still very scary as any kind of bleeding can be very scary. Please keep us posted on how things go!

kaths101: It's always agonizing having that wait for scans and appointments, especially the very first ones! lol

CJHanson: That's great that you had a healthy baby even though going through that :) It's encouraging to see others that have been in this position before and have a positive outcome. I've done so much googling since Tuesday, and it always bugged me when the OP never had an update lol Obviously things can go either way, but it was interesting to see both outcomes, but obviously more reassuring to hear that people do continue to have healthy pregnancies, and that these situations don't always turn out bad.

AFM, I'm struggling, but I'd say probably just as much as any of you. It's been an awful week. I had 2 dark brown clots Thursday morning. The brown seemed to slow down after that, but seems to be back to it's usual. I had 1 more dark brown clot today, slightly bigger than either one on Thursday.

I had DH tell my mom what's going on this morning. I was scared I was going to cry trying to tell her, so I had him tell her and then I filled in the gaps since he wasn't really sure what he was saying and didn't get it all right lol

My mom came for a visit today, which I thought I wouldn't want, but I was glad she did. Having DD around has really helped - besides that I'm trying to be "happy" around her. DH was watching a movie that I had no interest in, and I thought I was going out of my mind. I was very fidgety and anxious and had to get out of the house.

I've indulged in some comfort food today, which I guess wasn't comforting enough because I had a major meltdown about an hour and a half ago.

DH has been great with all this. Understanding and supportive even though he had some of his own major crap going on. I've sobbed like crazy during the week, but our schedules were different, so he was never around when I was crying, but when he was around, I tried my hardest not to (though I've cried while on the phone with him trying to explain my scan and whatnot). So tonight is really the first night I really cried about all this with him here.

I feel awful because I just kept yelling at him. I was horrible to him and all he's ever been was supportive. I eventually got to the root of it the last 10 minutes of the meltdown by telling him that he's not the one who has to see it every time he goes to the bathroom, and that he has no idea how much it's going to (physically) hurt when things do happen.

I've had 2 m/c before I had DD (one 2008 and the other 2010). One was a D&C and the other was natural. I'm most likely planning a D&C if it goes that route mostly because I have control (hopefully) of when I have it done and can schedule it around classes where as if I have it naturally, I may have to miss some class because I know I can't sit in class while I'm actively passing the baby.

Only one of my instructors know about the pregnancy, and that's only because I wanted to make sure the lab would be safe. I decided I'm going to let him know what's going on just in case things start on their own before my next scan and appointment. I want to have a plan in place ahead of time because if I'm having a miscarriage, I don't want to be worrying about school at that same time.

Tomorrow I'm going to buy some pads just in case, too. I've got nothing right now, so I just don't want to be in that position and realize I have nothing.

I'm definitely saying that I will lose this baby. It's not that I don't want to be positive. It's just that I feel like if I try to be positive, it's going to make every bathroom trip 10 times harder, and it's probably going to rip my heart even more if the next scan doesn't turn out well. By having no hope now, it gives me time to accept things (I think this will be the only way to get through my classes this week). I feel like the more I can accept things now, the easier it'll be to get through the bad outcome. It'll still be hard without a doubt, but I'm just hoping it won't be that heart stabbing, gut wrenching moment. It may still be, but I just want to accept things now, and if by some miracle things are okay, I'll probably just cry, and probably still be scared.

I've been stuck in limbo since last Saturday. I went for a scan at what should have been 7+1 ans all that was seen was a 12mm sac. I go back on weds for a follow up but have already convinced myself it will be bad. I have tried being at work but am too ill. I am still feeling so sick each day but only been sick once. I have sat and watched hours of eastenders which was nice. I now have next weeks lessons to plan which will keep me busy... fortunately I only have a few days left...

I'm so sorry your going through this spunky. But do try and keep hope alive. With my son due to the bleeding and cervical postion I was told many many times I was losing him but he's here now sat next to me moaning because I won't let him play longer on his xbox lol.

My next scan isn't till the 28th. My hcg levels have been a litte low and had spotting and pretty awful cramps and cause I've had so many losses they decided to give me a scan. Baby measured quite a few days under though and they couldn't find a heartbeat. They said it's not too much to worry about but I am scared. Plus Yesterday was diagnosed with Hyperemesis gravidarum so I'm worried now that that's gonna make it even worse and my pregnancy is just doomed. Still I'm trying to stay postive and think what will be will be. I can't change it how ever much I want to. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

My heart goes out to every one of you ladies in limbo land! It's so, tough. :nope:

We went in for a scan at 7weeks, only to have baby measure at 5w 5d with a very slow heartbeat (40bpm). We were told straight out that it's either that we are, in fact, early and the heart *just* started beating, or we're going to have a miscarriage. I have such trouble shaking this feeling of impending doom. But I really feel like I need to celebrate being pregnant and focus on the positive signs as much as I can. Normally, I am the one to want to prepare for the worst so I can handle it better, but I don't know- this time I just really feel like I need to fight that and keep my hope as alive as I can. I just keep reminding myself that I'm stubborn and refuse to give into despair just yet, even though things seem a little bleak. I can't really *do* anything to affect the outcome, but I can pray and I can be good to myself and be healthy.
My next scan is Friday. Just keeping myself busy and focusing on getting past another day rather than trying to figure out the whole picture just yet. But I'm SO scared!

Spunky i am kind of thinking on the same lines. I just cant face being positive.

What about symptoms? Is everybody having any? I'm not really, which i don't really understand since my hcg was quite high. My boobs are sore sometimes but not much. I have a little insomnia. But that's about it.

My boobs are killing me, certain smells bother me, I'm so tired and my back hurts. I hate that any of us are in limbo land. My fingers are crossed for all of us!

I'm waiting for my second scan on 30th January when I'll be 7 weeks. Hoping to see a hb then. I've had heavy bleeding with clots for 9 days so far and on my first ultrasound it showed there's still more blood to come out. I stopped bleeding yesterday but I'm not getting excited until I see all is well at next scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->