For those that have watched or read game of thrones

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
I have been reading A song of ice and fire but im only part way through the 2nd book so there is still plenty of time to see if im right or wronge.
I have a theory and was wondering if those that are reading or been watching game of thrones might think there could be somthing in it.

From very early on in the first book (what would be the 1st seasion of the tv show) I have thought that Jon Snow is not Ned Starks son.
I think he is actualy starks sisters son and ned promised to raise him when she died because she didnt want people to know so he said he was his to keep her honour as she wasnt married.
I even think that maybe he is Roberts son (that ones a bit far fetched but I still think its possible) and there for the eldest of his real children, he probably never knew of him though.
Now after seing the first two eppisods I think it even more.
Time will tell

Do you think theres a chance?

Interesting theory and you could be right. I've only watched 8 episodes so far and not read the book yet, but I love it.

Joffrey is a little sod!! I want to punch him lol!

It could lead to a king in the north and one in the south in the end but I cant work out which is his oldest son as there is one one storm end as well but not sure if he is older, there is an older one in the vale but thats a girl.
Either way even if hes not roberts I still think hes Neds sisters son

Sorry to disappoint you but there isn't an answer to your question yet!

DH has read all 4 books so far and the identity of John Snow's mother has not yet been revealed. There is a new book coming out in July - perhaps it will come out then.

Oh well time will tell, there is 7 books (possibly 9 I read somewhere) so plenty of time to see what happens :)

Oh well time will tell, there is 7 books (possibly 9 I read somewhere) so plenty of time to see what happens :)

Lol indeedy. Book 5 is coming out in July, DH is super excited lol.

Right im near enough into the 4th book (my god these books are long) and im even more convinced im right but iv slightly altered it.

I still think Jon is Lyannas son not neds but im leaning more to the thought of him being Rhaegar Targaryen son.
I did think this originaly but thought it was too many years since he kidnapped Lyanna but I found a site that showed the timeline and it was 16 years befor the start of the books that he took her and he had her for about a year and when Ned returned from finding her and the whole raiding kings landing (Robert winning the throne) he brought Jon back with him.
If this is the case then Jon is Daenerys nephew and the rightfull line to the throne and possibly the "Prince Who Was Promised", who shall be reborn to fight the great darkness when it returns

Its just annoying I have no one to share my theorys with because I dont know anyone else thats read it :(

MASSIVE SPOILER
SERIOUSLY ITS HUGE ABOUT JON SNOW SO HUGE
ARE YOU SURE?? ITS ABOUT DANCE OF DRAGONS
Jon Snow allegedly dies in dance of dragons, so maybe not so much for that theory?

MASSIVE SPOILER
SERIOUSLY ITS HUGE ABOUT JON SNOW SO HUGE
ARE YOU SURE?? ITS ABOUT DANCE OF DRAGONS
Jon Snow allegedly dies in dance of dragons, so maybe not so much for that theory?

But

The prince is said to be born again to fufill the prophecy and its never provin if hes actualy dead, alot of charecters are left assuming they are dead till later like bran and younger brother.
I think he will be brought back which the red priests can do which all fits in with the prophecy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->