For those TTC with PCOS

Hi everybody! :hi:

I'm 25 and was also recently diagnosed with mild PCOS. I've been irregular since I was 14 yrs old. I was on BCP until about 1 1/2 yrs ago, which did help. About 6 months after I stopped taking them the symptoms started coming back slowly and I began having issues with large ovarian cysts every so many cycles.

DH and I planned to start casually TTC about 6 months ago, but everything went out of wack. GP brushed off all my concerns, so left and found a wonderful Ob-gyn, who finally diagnosed me.

Was planning to start Clomid and Estrace this cycle, but AF working on her on time. I'd also like to hear about Vitex in case the Clomid doesn't help.

Since I'm pretty new to PCOS, I'm interested to hear what has worked or improved for others when TTC or things I should do that could be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Martian- I just starting using opks in november but have never got a positive one :( .
So frustrating!

Soili- have you started taking any vitamins or are you on metformin at all?

Hi guys!! I did actually started taking Vitex (Agnus Castus, right?) 1600mg a day this month, but only from CD13, so for 20 days so far. It's probably too early to say, but so far no improvement. And this is my first month charting, so I guess I'm also finding out that I'm not ovulating. In the last 10 days I also added B-50 vit. complex, but again, too early to comment on pos. effects.

I'm not on any PCOS drugs yet. I'm seeing doctor on Feb. 21st and hoping to be diagnosed. If not with PCOS, then with something else, although I don't see many other options there for not ovulating and having irregular cycles.

Ok, I've got another question, weight-related this time! Here's my story. I'm overweight at the moment, but it's not the most I weighted in my life. Basically since about 12 years old I've been gaining weight - loosing weight - gaining weight - loosing weight. I lost track how many times I've lost more than 20kg and gained it back. My smallest BMI was 19, the biggest 34. Right now it's 30 and I'd love to push it back to healthy 22-24. And it's not that difficult for me to loose it. It does require a lot of dedication and mind control, but it's definitely doable. The problem is though - I fail miserable at holding it. I'm pretty much all the time in the process of either gaining it or loosing it. I always thought it was just my unhealthy relationship with food, I do tend to run to it for comfort. But is there really correspondence between weight issues and PCOS?

And most importantly, does it really get better if you loose weight?

Funny enough, I was actually first time suspected to have PCOS when I had BMI 20 (had a scan done for BCP, and they found my ovaries were somewhat smallish and there were multiple cysts), but the paper said that the diagnosis must be done in correlation with other tests. The doctor never told me I had PCOS though, I never did any further testing. I was just told to start the pill and that it's going to sort everything out. And it did, because when I repeated the scan in 6 months, it came out perfect. But what's the point of having perfect cycles, if you're not trying to get pregnant and once you stop the pill, you roll right back into trouble?

Oh, but here's another question while I'm on it! I do think first months after stopping the pill I was functioning very well, my cycles were timely, periods were normal, I had all the signs of ovulation occurring. I probably would have gotten pregnant, if only I didn't read somewhere that you're supposed to wait 3 months after stopping the pill to start trying. But here's the question. If the pill did make me have at least a few normal periods, is it worth it going back to it, then stopping and then throwing all your effort into getting pregnant in the first months after? Or PCOS medication is meant to do the same as the pill does without birth-control part?

Dr Martrian, I always wanted to have a baby in any month except December. I was born in December and it was always my dream .... but now everything changed, after trying for over a year, month doesn't matter and I'm only hoping for the miracle :) but good luck to you!!!!

I finished 150 mg of clomid today and now waiting for OV. Today is just day 9 :)

Soili - I'm still learning myself in regards to PCOS, but if I understood my Dr right, not all women with PCOS have weight issues, but it is a typical symptom as well as having difficulty losing it. He also explained that every woman has their own perfect weight for ovulation, so it could be possible that gaining even 10-20 pounds could cause ovulation and cycles to be thrown off, and like in my case make PCOS issues more bothersome. :( Likewise, he said that if you lose it and get back to that ideal 'ovualtion' weight and maintain it, that it might make it better. Obviously, so many other factors come into play though.

The only PCOS medication I'm familiar is I'll be starting Clomid and Estrace on next cycle - which will make me ovulate and the Estrace is supposed to help with CM while taking the Clomid. So, I guess its kinda like BCP to regulate, but its not at the same time...not sure if that helps! :)

Hi

Good luck ValentineGal, my body responded really well to clomid 50mg, really hope it works for you too!

Soili - I know there are loads of conflicting views on weight and PCOS, I have PCOS and my BMI is 21 and i was told that losing just 5% of my body weight could kick start ovulation. Think sometimes your body just needs reminding what it needs to do.

Im off the clomid for a month and really hoping that my body can do it by itself!!!!

:dust:

Clo_mid - thx! I'm hoping I to start the 50 mg soon...if I don't start by next week then I have to wait till after a round of provera to get things going...Hoping I'm as lucky as you :) Did you have any side effects while you were taking it?

Good luck to you this month! *~*~Baby Dust!~*~*

Hi

Yes I was very lucky to ovulate on 50mg and have such high progesterone, i just hope that my body knows what to do itself this round! Im temping to see what happens and also :sex: as much as possible to catch that egg!!

I didnt have any side effects, the only thing i think were headaches but that could have been from being busy at work, although i had headaches at the same time this cycle so perhaps its the oestrogen that causes it! Otherwise i was fine, some ladies take it at night and then can sleep through the side effects.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted xxxx

Soili - Keep us posted when you go to the Dr. on the 21st and how the vitamin sup. and vitex works out!

Joanna - Hope the 150mg works for you...Good luck and keep us posted!

Clo_mid - Thank you! Your success with it reminds me it is possible that I could be just a responsive to it as well :) And I hadn't even thought of taking it at night...good to know. Hope you're able to ov on your own this month and FX'd!

Hi guys! :) Still in the limbo here. Thought I ovulated, FF seems to think I did, but still no AF and negative tests. Thinking that maybe I didn't ovulate at all after all. If it's not PCOS, then I don't know what the hell is it. Feel free to stalk the chart and tell me what you think about it - https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Soili I know it's really weird!

Doc's appointment in exactly a week from now, counting days! ;)

Hi guys! :) Still in the limbo here. Thought I ovulated, FF seems to think I did, but still no AF and negative tests. Thinking that maybe I didn't ovulate at all after all. If it's not PCOS, then I don't know what the hell is it. Feel free to stalk the chart and tell me what you think about it - https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Soili I know it's really weird!

It is very frustrating not to be able to tell, I have always had trouble being able to know when I ovulated. Good luck girl!

Hi Girls,

Im new to the site but hears my story.

Im 25 dignosed with PCOS when i was 21 but i had the signs from my teens - i.e excessive hair growth and irregular cycle.

Came off the pill february 2 yrs ago and had no AF until august 2010 only had three periods since then. CD1 of this cycle being 21st jan and no AF yet. Started using ovulation packs yesterday but getting a faint line but nothing strong.

Saw the gyno last week who is gonna do lap and dye and ovarian drilling - i have had no other meds OH sperm checked today and awaiting results. Also awaiting results of 21 day bloods- asume to see if im ovulating.

Anyone else had any personal experiences re lap and dye or OD??

Hey there! Had a quick look at your chart, and I think you might not have ovulated until around the 7 th feb! Temping can be hard! Couple of odd questions ! Have you been taking your temp the same time every day? Do you have a lot of broken sleep? Also if you sleep with your mouth open it can make your temps go all very jagged!

Hey there! Had a quick look at your chart, and I think you might not have ovulated until around the 7 th feb! Temping can be hard! Couple of odd questions ! Have you been taking your temp the same time every day? Do you have a lot of broken sleep? Also if you sleep with your mouth open it can make your temps go all very jagged!

Hi! Thank you for looking at the chart! I was trying to temp every day at the right time and I don't sleep with open mouth. But I did a mistake by temping in the middle of the night (at 3am), and I think it screwed up the big picture on the chart. I sleep very light in the morning and I thought it would be affecting the reading, so I figured deep at night it'd be better. Well, turns out the readings were more affected by how heavily I was sleeping when alarm would go off then anything else. Because I took them when I normally woke up in the morning as well, and those were much more consistent. Like for example the two big deeps in LP - that wouldn't have been there if I was temping in the morning the whole time. So I think my chart is really not reliable. Well, like they said, first time is always...

Next month I'll do it vaginally and temp at the normal waking up time in the morning.

If this next cycle is a no go, then I'm going to try and chart. I know this sounds silly, but I sleep with my mouth open, so how would I go about getting accurate charts? thx! :)

Still the same here! :) Only I just found out today that my BBT thermometer might be a piece of crap, so I really can't rely on my chart at all. The only thing I can say is that I'm on CD42.

Hi

I have an update, I ovulated by myself this month! Had positive opk yesterday cd16 and having ovulation pains today! I can't believe my body knows what to do, the clonus must have kick started me! Only problem is I think I wore husband outa bit too early as he's not been very forthcoming with the :sex: during the most crucial time! Arg

Hope everyone else is ok? Xxx

I'm not sure if I ovulated ... I actually never ovulated so not sure what kind of feeling is that, this month I took 150mg of clomid, today is day 16. Today and yesterday I had weird pain in my belly. my temperature is constant around 97.8. Can you guys let me know how you feel when you ovulate ... thanks ladies and I wish you the best. Let's catch those eggs this month :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->