For those TTC with PCOS

I ovulated this month according to my bloodwork! My progesterone was 11.27...here they want to see over 10 to indicate ovulation. I didn't get a positive opk til CD 21 and I think I ovulated on CD 22 so I'm about 5 dpo now and going crazy!!!

Joanna, I didn't really feel much different when I ovulated. I had a few crampy, twingey sensations but not what I was expecting. Some women just don't have ov pain. Even if you haven't ovulated yet, don't give up hope because it could still happen. I had all but given up on this cycle when I got my (first ever) positive opk, and was shocked still when my bloodwork, done 2 dpo, confirmed ov!

Hi

I have an update, I ovulated by myself this month! Had positive opk yesterday cd16 and having ovulation pains today! I can't believe my body knows what to do, the clonus must have kick started me! Only problem is I think I wore husband outa bit too early as he's not been very forthcoming with the :sex: during the most crucial time! Arg

Hope everyone else is ok? Xxx

Great to hear! That must def make you feel good :) Hope you get ur :bfp: this month! Keep us posted!

Thanks chick, i will let u know how I get on! Waiting for FF to put on my crosshairs! Hope everything ok with you xxx

Just got started on a generic provera to get things going, but they may make me wait another cycle to start the 50 mg. :dohh: We'll see when AF shows her ugly face. Hopefully, I'll get the green light though...tired of waiting!

If you do have to wait another cycle why not try doing something different? Try exercise and a low GI diet and that should help the hormones that affect PCOS sufferers. I did that this month on my natural cycle and I def think it helped!

Got my fingers crossed for you, at least they are doing something for you and you are moving forward xxx

Luckily, my insulin/sugar levels were in range when I got my bloodwork (but keeping a close eye on them)...would a low GI diet still be effective or would any healthy diet do? I def need to exercise more and surely couldn't hurt to shed 5-10lbs. Just need to get my butt in gear!

A low GI is recommended as it cuts out too many carbs and increases proteins all of which help, not sure how much effect it would have if you already have normal hormones though.

My doctor told me that just losing 5% of your body weight also helps!

My temp went right down again this morning, tried putting in a higher one and it puts in my crosshairs at 18 dpo but when i put the actual one in it takes them out again!! Arg, wonder whether i have a problem with low progesterone when off the clomid??

Best write a list of questions for the FS next monday and wait for tomorrows temp!!

xxx

Hey clo_mid! I hope you don't mind, I had a look at your chart, I see your lower temp today, don't stress! My temps did that once or twice before I ovulated also, I thought it was my body trying to ovulate, keep with the low gi diet, it worked for me! I added some soya to my diet ( soya yogurt etc, not the actual tablets cause I couldn't take tabs!! ) and I added the spice cinnamon, google the benefits of it! Best of luck for the rest of your cycle!

Thanks Cacahuete, Im pretty sure I ovulated on cd 18, its been that day for 3 cycles now and the OPK was positive on cd 16 ... really hoping it was just a freak temp, yes ive seen a lot of charts where temps jump up and down all over the place.

Im going to ask my FS about soy and whether its a good idea to try whilst im saving the clomid. Ive started eating lots of quorn and good proteins too but thought about trying soy milk etc next time round too.

Fingers crossed for a high temp tomorrow xxxx

Hey ladies! Thought I'd join in. =)

Clo_mid, this cycle I used Red Clover (natural estrogen like Soy, so can also be used as a natural Clomid) on days 5-9 and I ovulated over a week earlier. Originally I had been drinking Red Clover all cycle long for a couple of months to help clean my blood, shrink cysts (which it is reknowned for doing) and balance out my hormones. After I balanced out I tried it the same way you would use Soy, just to see what it would do. I went ahead and bought Soy Isoflavones to use next cycle and so on- because the holistic pharmacy over here ended up being out of Red Clover after I used up my last bit. Grrr. Seems women out here know all the secrets! lol. It's definitely worth trying (Soy or RC).

Thanks Kimmee, ill put that my list of things to ask about as well!! Loads of good ideas!

My temp has gone up a little bit but not enough for FF to say i ovulated so ive kept with the override, bit worried i might have low pregesterone when not on the clomid! Really glad i booked that appointment, its coiming at just the right time!!

xxx

Hi guys! :) Came back from doctors with bunch of blood tests to do, all hormonal stuff! She did a scan and said that ovaries do look polycystic. So I might be rightfully joining you soon! Not that I'm excited that I have PCOS, but at this point I'll just be glad to know what the heck is it that's making my cycles irregular ;) At this point I'm certain that I do ovulate, but it might be a weak ovulation? I don't know if it makes sense? But I'm guessing if ovaries are loaded with cysts, it might not be so easy for them to make a proper egg follicle? I don't know, really, just guessing. So as it is now, cysts I've got! They went away when I was on BCP, but they're back now.

Hi

Soili, I know what you mean, its almost a relief to know whats wrong with you so you can get on with finding the right way to fix it. There are loads of easy things to do .... PCOS tends to be when your body produces eggs but then doesnt release them and they all sort of die off and thats what produced the cysts, every now and then one does release and thats when you then ovulate and have a period. So its still possible to get pregnant.

The doctor will figure out which of the hormones is going wrong and then probably give you Clomid to help produce and release the eggs, progesterone to help in your luteal phase and loads of other things can be done.

Good luck chick xxxx

My doctor prescribed us 100mg clomid, I'm not dead set on what days too take it just yet.
I'm only cd23 of 30, with no peak on the cbfm.
I've also got a wicked cold, and not in the mood for bd this last few days :(

How's everyone doing today?

Pinkee, sorry about the cold. Hope you feel better soon! I just got over a stomach virus and my hubby is slowly recovering from pneumonia. It made this cycle almost impossible!

Clo_mid - My dr. told me losing 5-10 lbs. would help as well. Also, even though my glucose/insulin were in range, they were just shy of being too high, so I did a little more research into the GI diet and figure it can't hurt and would def. help at least lose some weight, so started it yesterday...thanks for the good suggestion. :thumbup:

Soili - Good to hear your getting some answers :) I agree that its such a relief to just find out what is going on, cuz then you start moving forward and feel less :wacko: When are you getting your blood work done?

Pinkee & Kimmee - Hope everyone gets to feeling better and good luck this month! :)

Pinkee - did your doctor not tell you what days to take them? I had mine cd 2-6 but some are 3-7 or 5-9. Not really sure what difference it makes though.

Valentine - Good luck with the diet, i found it worked really well combined with a bit of exercise ... some good foods to have are hummus, quorn, turkey and loads of fruit and veg .... new potatoes are actually low gi too so i make mash and chips out of them rather than regular spuds!!

My temps are all over the place, wondering whether it is low progesterone, trying not to think that its an implantation dip as dont want to get my hopes up!!

:hug: xxx

clo_mid she didn't specify, she felt confident if I wanted to take them startind day 1 or up to day 5 it was up to me.

I'm thinking 5-9 might be right for me.

Update - My doc gave me the green light to start the 50mg this cycle...very excited as I've been waiting since January to start it. :happydance:

How is everyone else? Any updates? Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

Hello everyone!! :)

I have some news! My blood test results are back, but I'll only be able to show them to doc on April 11th, so of course I tried to figure it out on my own in the meantime. But the only thing I could get is that my FSH LH ratio is slightly over 1:2, so that COULD mean PCOS. I don't have high testosterone though, so that might explain why I don't get those visual symptoms like excessive body hair. Thyroid hormones appear all within normal range too.

So basically I have cycts, have irregular cycles, have high LH, and high cholesterol. That's about it. Don't know if that's enough or not. The way I see it, there's no straightforward PCOS diagnosis anyway.

I'm again not sure what's going on this cycle. I had temp rise for 3 days very early on, but today got EWCM again. So I'm completely at lost, don't know what to think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->