For those TTC with PCOS

Hello everyone...I was wondering if any one had insight on my situation.

AF is expected to show up on 12/24...on 12/18-12/19 I had very light brown discharge. At first I was scared AF showed up early, but I only had it when I wiped and then it disappeared. This was my only symptom, no cramps or any thing else. (That's how I also knew it wasn't a real period because I get PMS every time) I don't want to get my hopes up, but does this sound like implantation bleeding? Today I also noticed some veins showing on my chest I haven't seen before, but OH and I just got done DTD so maybe it was extra blood flow lol. I took a HPT today and BFN, but AF still isn't expected for 4 more days so I'm hoping it's too early. I have been having regular cycles w/ no meds...

Advice? I'll give an update either way...I'm hoping I'm going to get my Christmas present :)

Brown blood at this time sounds like implantation to me, I hope this is it for you!! GL

Dr. Martian - Sounds like it was implantation bleeding from what I've read about it (never experienced it myself). GL!!

Anyone here have an HSG before? I go in for mine next Monday and was prescribed an antibiotic to take starting the day before and was told to take 800mg of Motrin day of the appt. Does it hurt that bad? And is it common to get some type of infection from it? I'm just a bit nervous..

Hello Ladies I am 25 years old and was diagnosed with pcos 3 weeks ago. was told 1 year ago i didnt have by my gyno (she only took blood tests) me and DH started ttc 5 months ago so when I got off the pill I had 2 reg cycles 28 days for the first time ever. But now its been 75 days since my last af. I decided just to go right to a RE and he did an US which confirmed pcos. He put me on Metformin for 30days then wants me to start clomid. My 30 days will be up next week and still no period. Im guessing he will put me on provera to get things started. anyways 7days ago i felt very bloaty and crampy and had some ewcm it wasnt very much but definitly there. I used an opk and the lines were very close but the surge line slightly lighter. the next day it was very much lighter. I think i may have ovulated but not sure since im not temping yet. I will just have to wait and take a test! Dr. Martain im hoping I get a bfp on christmas!! it would be the best gift i could ever get!! It seems everybody on facebook is enjoying their pregnancy this christmas! imvery happy for them but i cant help but be a little depressed. i always thought it would be so easy. everybody says would you quit worrying you'll be preg in no time. yeah they all got preg in one month.
cachaute -- congrads on your bfp!! that is awseome news!! its great to hear success stories with women with pcos. Im also trying to quit the sweets which i love but this time of year they are everywhere and its comfort food!!

Thanks jenn2010, what I found really helped the sugar cravings was cinnamon- a teaspoon every day, I had it with my breakfast! I put it in my porridge, but it really worked!! Im still taking it now, I really think the simple changes in my diet helped me, 2 weeks after I changed my diet I ovulated day 37!! ( I went very strict on myself though, literally the next day I went low gi - no bread, only sweet potatos, no sweets, no crisps, added omega 3 to my diet in the form of flax seeds, and started taking cinnamon every day! And I had been taking hot lemon 30 minutes before a big meal! )
It would be great if you ovulated, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

When you say no bread do you mean just white? Ive pretty much eliminated anything "white" but do eat whole grains. Is this ok?

AF is expected to show up on 12/24...on 12/18-12/19 I had very light brown discharge. At first I was scared AF showed up early, but I only had it when I wiped and then it disappeared. This was my only symptom, no cramps or any thing else. (That's how I also knew it wasn't a real period because I get PMS every time) I don't want to get my hopes up, but does this sound like implantation bleeding? Today I also noticed some veins showing on my chest I haven't seen before, but OH and I just got done DTD so maybe it was extra blood flow lol. I took a HPT today and BFN, but AF still isn't expected for 4 more days so I'm hoping it's too early. I have been having regular cycles w/ no meds...

Advice? I'll give an update either way...I'm hoping I'm going to get my Christmas present :)

I experienced the same thing last week! i thought maybe i was seeing things as it was very light, but it was definatley brown, and it happened 2 mornings in a row - then nothing! maybe it was implantation then!? please let me know how you get on! :thumbup:

When you say no bread do you mean just white? Ive pretty much eliminated anything "white" but do eat whole grains. Is this ok?

I cut out all white things too and I didn't feel as bloated and it helped me loose a lot of weight.
Although, Some people really cant eat bread in anyform, brown or white as it makes them bloat.
Everyone is different you have to find what works for you and your body

Hey, yeah white bread is very high in gi, but you can get breads that are lower in gi, ill try and send you some info on the breads you should eat if you want to eat bread!

Advice? I'll give an update either way...I'm hoping I'm going to get my
Christmas present :)

Hey it sounds good! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Yeah that would be great! i dont eat much bread at all just an occasion sandwich or bagel. my worst thing is sweets. I love sweets and im surrounded by them where i work. But ive cut down majorly! and after christmas Im gonna try and get off them completely. I dont drink sodas ever so thats one plus!

kiwiwanabump- That sounds similar to me. It only lasted 2 days and was light, it was the darkest the first time I noticed it then it was mostly watery and not very noticable. I will keep everyone updated for sure...only 2 more days, even though it feels like a life time!

Dr. Martian I hope its a bfp! sounds promising. Im testing on christmas eve! I definitly dont have my hopes up but its the first time ive tested in over a month!!

still no sign of af, i have been having cramps for a couple weeks now, and back pain started yesturday :( feels like it should be on its way, but i have been feeling like it since about the 4th dec! any of you girls had period symptoms that have lasted so long with still no period in sight?
i had a bit of brown discharge about 2 weeks ago and thought af was coming, but still nothing!! im so confused, :cry: i dont want to get my hopes up and think that maybe im pregnant because as you all know, our cycles are so messed up as it is, i have been feeling strange, but i dont know it its just because i am anxious. my (.)(.)'s hurt too, but as thats another symptom of pms i just dont know what to think!? please help!

still no sign of af, i have been having cramps for a couple weeks now, and back pain started yesturday :( feels like it should be on its way, but i have been feeling like it since about the 4th dec! any of you girls had period symptoms that have lasted so long with still no period in sight?
i had a bit of brown discharge about 2 weeks ago and thought af was coming, but still nothing!! im so confused, :cry: i dont want to get my hopes up and think that maybe im pregnant because as you all know, our cycles are so messed up as it is, i have been feeling strange, but i dont know it its just because i am anxious. my (.)(.)'s hurt too, but as thats another symptom of pms i just dont know what to think!? please help!

I know exactly how you feel! It's like month long pms! you just want that relief of starting. irregular periods are so aggravating. It feels like your pregnant but like you said with our cycles you never can tell and I get so tired of poas and it always being a BFN!! Hope things go your way maybe you are preggo!!! I havnt had one since oct 6th.

Hi everyone I hope you don't mind me joining in but I also have PCOS. My name is Vanessa I am 24 and OH is 32, we have been TTC for about 5 years, he is 32 and has a son from a previous relationship, and I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 20. I have been on metformin for about 3 or 4 years now and I still hate taking it lol. I have recentley lost 30 pounds after becoming a vegetarian and that has helped regulate my cycle but that still didn't help me ovulate. This month was my first cycle of clomid 50 mg and I am now on CD 15 but still no sign of ovulation so I don't know whats wrong with me. Well I hope to hear what others have to say and hopefully hear about more women with PCOS getting their:bfp: :dust::dust:

i tested lastnight, BFN!:cry:
still no sign of af- this is so fustrating!!

Vanessa24 welcome!! Of course we dont mind you jumpin in! the more the merrier!! I havnt taken clomid yet but ive heard some good things about it! Ive only been on the Met for 3 weeks. I havent had a period on it but im not sure if I have ovulated. Im sure you'll do great on clomid and get your little blessing soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->