For those TTC with PCOS

hi ladies. thought i'd join you in here. i have PCOS, i was diagnosed jan 2009, but was aware i might have it from when i was in my teens but my doctor said there was no point investigating until i wanted to have a baby. i hardly ever get periods - about one every 2 years. at the time i was diagnosed, i promptly got a BFP naturally after i picked up ovulation through charting and we gave it a go. we're TTC number 2 now and i'm getting frustrated as this cycle has been going on forever, i'm on CD 80-something now.

here is my chart if anyone wants a look:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22efaf
i marked on my test from a couple of days ago as positive, but i'm not sure it really was, but it was close so i was wondering if i missed the height of the surge. i figure i'll change the FF result if it turns out i didn't O.

welcome hopedance. It was the same way for me. the docs didnt worry about it until im ready to conceive. Im sorry to hear about your preclamsia. did you have high blood pressure before you conceived? mine runs a little high 140-88 or 90. im worried it may get worse when i get pregnant. anyways im a sick puppy today. vomited all last night and feel like i have the flu today. sore muscles and such!! :( not fun

Hey girls, just thought I'd join in here. I was diagnosed with PCOS in September 2010 after blood tests and later had an ultrasound that confirmed it. I've had irregular periods for years and since I have a lot of the symptoms I always kind of figured I had it. I never really cared until DH & I decided to start TTC in August 2010.

My doctor put me on Clomid pretty much right away. 50 mg and 100 mg didn't make me ov, so I'll be starting my third round at 150 mg later this month. =)

Hello everyone im new to the thread. im 30 and DH is 35 im newly married. I was DX back in 2003 with PCOS between now and then I have tried almost everything. Done metformin the got my cycles regular then went of off it due to insurance issues. I did the whole diet thing lost 70lbs. Ofcourse when I went off met like a year later weight came back:( Did clomid 50mg and 100mg I O'd real late on 50mg and O'd pretty normal on 100mg but stopped that because the guy I was with at that time decided he didnt want kids Then he did so by then could afford the appts scans and all that so I ordered clomid offline all was good for the first 2 month then the third moth no good went to the regular OB had a huge cyst (from not being montierd) I was put on BC went off that this past June had one cycle after that which was 28 day cycle I know no O because when I do O its a 35 day cycle. after that no AF I starting getting AF in November it was a very very light cycle then on dec 7th got full blown AF 2nd cycle on my own 35 days apart! Now today AF is due today I know I O'd I felt it (pinching pains) and had ewcm DH said it looked like snot lol sorry tmi. having AF and O'ng on my own never never happens ever I went 5 years without AF when I was 18 until early 20's b4 I was DX. So this sudden having AF and O'ng is sooo weird for me:) I want to test but so scared I do feel different but just gonna wait lol how long no clue. But thanks for reading my story:)

Hoping4baby1 welcome! we are glad to have you!! I love hearing the different stories. maybe this is your month! keeps us posted i am curious to know!!

Hey doc, I guess I didn't post here...I'm back with you girls :cry: I miscarried this week--its been a horrible experience. Everyday I feel a bit better though. My doctor actually just called me with my last blood test results. We have a plan anyway...on CD3 of my next cycle, I will have blood drawn to check all my hormones & do the formal work up for pcos. She is recommending clomid to me regardless because of my long cycles, but we'll see how the testing comes out. I will just be licking my wounds in the meantime... I wish you all the best, and hope pcos does not prevent any of us from getting our dream.

Hi everyone sorry I havent posted in a while well no news over here still no AF I tested on the 10th with a dollar store test at night and it was a BFN sigh....I havent had the guts to test again. Oh well next month im going to an RE to see what steps im gonna take next.

Ready4Baby im so sorry for your loss my prayers are with you:(

ready4baby I'm so sorry. I hope that the dr.'s find out the cause for your miscarriage to prevent any chances of one in the future.

hoping4baby what cycle day are you on now? just curious. I hate these screwy cycles with pcos.

Hello everyone! Well I have not been diagnosed yet. I went to the doctor on monday. Had bloodwork and pap. Still waiting on my ultrasound. Haven't heard anything about my tests yet. I am almost 100% positive I have PCOS. I have all the symptoms. My periods very I never really know when they are coming. I'm hoping to hear something soon. I wish all of you luck with Clomid and hope that we all conceive soon. Lots of baby dust to you all!

Hey doc, I guess I didn't post here...I'm back with you girls :cry: I miscarried this week--its been a horrible experience. Everyday I feel a bit better though. My doctor actually just called me with my last blood test results. We have a plan anyway...on CD3 of my next cycle, I will have blood drawn to check all my hormones & do the formal work up for pcos. She is recommending clomid to me regardless because of my long cycles, but we'll see how the testing comes out. I will just be licking my wounds in the meantime... I wish you all the best, and hope pcos does not prevent any of us from getting our dream.

aww babe, im so so sorry to hear your news- its so sad :cry: it seems so unfair that we on here announce or bfp's and then not long later a mc!....im with you that i hope our pcos doesnt stop us getting to have our babies. i think, and hope that its just been cruel co-incidence and next time our beans will stick!
im so sorry for your loss xx

thanks kiki, and i'm sorry for your loss too... i hope it is all a coincidence but i am very, very concerned for the next time. If I do get pregnant again soon, I don't have any information to understand why I lost this baby seed and I'm afraid it could happen again for the same reason. I heard that pcos might lead to eggs not be totally mature when they get released, meaning that they are not optimal for all the cell divisions they will have to go through. Has anyone heard that or found it to be true? Something causes the miscarriage rate for those with pcos to be much higher than the rest of the population, right? I suppose even with a higher rate, eventually we should be able to get our sticky beans... when are you starting to try again kiki?

ready4baby, yes i have indeed heard and read that with pcos we have a higher risk of mc due to various reasons, i have never hear of the egg not being ripe enough before- although that does make sense- so i have learnt something new. i have read that the lining of the uterus may not be healthy enough at times to look after the growing baby and sometimes doesn't get enough nutrients to the baby- therefore it either stops or is prevented from growing.
my biggest concern after dealing with the loss of our baby was also -will it happen again, -how am i going to prevent it from happening again if i dont know why it happened.
i drove myself mad and broke down all the time, blaming myself. my husband was getting mad at me for thinking it was something i had done- like maybe because i had that piece of cake it made the lining too rich for the baby, or maybe because i had a glass of champaign and orange juice at christmas with my dinner, or maybe its because i was stressed, or maybe it happened because i carried too many shopping bags at once?
it made sense to me that at-least if a had a reason- if it was my fault then i could do that differently next time and prevent losing another baby.

but when i saw my doctor she said to me that it is just nature, and that nature knows when something isn't quite right, so it has to start again. - this helped me to understand and come to terms with it.
i hope this helps you because i know how horrible you must be feeling right now. my hubby and i are thinking of maybe starting again properly soon- we BD last sunday for the first time since mc. but havnt been properly ttc. i think within the next couple days maybe- i want to leave it atleast 4 weeks before starting again.
when i had my mc i thought i wouldnt want to ttc again for months- but i am so surprised that i feel ready now, and am excited, and scared to start this journey again.
message me anytime!! :kiss:

Dr Martian im on cd47 long cycle but like I said im so use to them:( I just thought because I had 2 reg cycles maybe something good but nope. Im just so tired of PCOS sigh....I just wanna be normal (sorry for venting)

I'm 30 years old and has had PCOS for about 8 years. I've loss two babies around 24 weeks due to IC and preterm labor. I've been on Metformin on and off through the years which I credit for me getting pregnant. I only have AF once or twice a year. I am now taking prevera to bring on my period, Metformin and will start clomid soon hopefully. This is the first time ttc (& first month), the other pregnancies I became pregnant after about a month on Metformin.

Good Luck all.

kiki, thank you for your nice reply! It really is an awful thing to go through, and I'm sorry you've had to experience it too. I am grateful that--if it wasn't going to last--that I lost the baby early. Garrickbaby, I cannot even imagine the painful experiences you have had; I'm so sorry!

I definitely feel that sense of "what did I do wrong?" Was it the jog I went on, or something I lifted? There is this huge push in me to know what happened so I can prevent it next time. But the reality is that we're never going to know and I can only hope it is not a chronic thing. I'm also struggling with what do I do this next cycle? We are going to ttc right away. We think that with my long cycles there should be enough time for the lining to rebuild before i O. But, what supplements should I take? Aspirin or no? I truly dont know the best approach & whether something I did last time helped me get pregnant, or contributed to the bleeding I had. :shrug: It's a puzzle to me, but I appreciate that you understand and I'm glad to report that I am feeling better about things. My HCG dropped to 53 on Thursday, so I am miscarrying naturally and this morning, my temp dropped to where it should be at the start of my cycle. I think my hormones are reset, or nearly there, and I can start to look forward. I'm back with you girls now :hugs:

kiki, thank you for your nice reply! It really is an awful thing to go through, and I'm sorry you've had to experience it too. I am grateful that--if it wasn't going to last--that I lost the baby early. Garrickbaby, I cannot even imagine the painful experiences you have had; I'm so sorry!

I definitely feel that sense of "what did I do wrong?" Was it the jog I went on, or something I lifted? There is this huge push in me to know what happened so I can prevent it next time. But the reality is that we're never going to know and I can only hope it is not a chronic thing. I'm also struggling with what do I do this next cycle? We are going to ttc right away. We think that with my long cycles there should be enough time for the lining to rebuild before i O. But, what supplements should I take? Aspirin or no? I truly dont know the best approach & whether something I did last time helped me get pregnant, or contributed to the bleeding I had. :shrug: It's a puzzle to me, but I appreciate that you understand and I'm glad to report that I am feeling better about things. My HCG dropped to 53 on Thursday, so I am miscarrying naturally and this morning, my temp dropped to where it should be at the start of my cycle. I think my hormones are reset, or nearly there, and I can start to look forward. I'm back with you girls now :hugs:

thats it babe- chin up :flower:
lets be positive- and 2011 is going to be our year!! i have offically stated ttc again too and am really hopeful. good luck babes!!! im so glad your back in! (not glad you lost your baby- but glad you have come through it and are back in the land of ttc with us) :dohh: xxx

Hi i was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2006- I have been trying to conceive for 3 years now. Im just taking a daily multi viatmin, and waiting for my hycosy so on my next appointment the fertility clinic know what to prescribe me.

Does anyone know what we can do naturally to boost fertility?
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->