For those who are following the Maddie McCan story

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not but I was basically wondering what you guys think of the whole thing?
My family and I have been glued to the TV ever since the search for Maddie began, and we cannot begin to tell you how sorry we feel for the poor little mite who could now be living in any part of the world with a person(s) that she does not know, BUT, in saying that, we cant help but think that there's more to it than meets the eye!
Although we dont personally know any of the McCan family to be able to judge, we find it very strange that not once, since this whole investigation started, has either parents shed one tear for that poor little girl (that we have seen) If it was my child, I would've broken down into fits of tears at every press conference that I attended..
They are getting to travel the world free of charge, meeting the pope, they have a fund set up for Maddie which must now hold thousands of pounds, members of the public are personally taking time to search for Madeleine, and yet the police are no closer to finding her, they dont even have any evidence!!
I find it extremely strange that there were no evidence in the McCans apartment, and that forensics were unable to retreive any DNA fibres.
The recent questions from the german journalist which suggested the parents may be involved in some way, with the dissapearence of their daughter, caused controversy within the supporting public, but why would it be so hard to believe? I'm sure that reporter wasn't the only person within this world, to believe or even consider, that there's something very unusual taking place with the situation.
I was basically wondering what you guys thought of it all.

i think the parents are irrisponsible for leaving her alone looking after the other kids.

ive not followed it at all coz i also think there are millions of other kids out there missing that deserve equally as much television and advertising.

sorry if that sounds harsh

Sorry but i think some of your comments are rather insensitive and inappropriate.

I think that what you have just written is rather OTT for someone who "can't judge"

I havent really thought about it, but i would find it very hard to believe that "anyone" would make up something like this.

louise i am disgusted with what you have wrote and it is basically slander!
I am going to get into a row so will leave it here

the whole story has annoyed me alittle, as since the little girl went missing some 300+ kids in UK alone have gone missing but none of them get this media attention. I think the parents were idiots for leaving such young kids alone while on holiday. they should not bother going on a family holiday if they dont want to take kids out to dinner too,

I have not followed the case but this is what I will tell you. There are THOUSANDS of kids, snatched from there own homes with there parents asleep feet away who get ZERO coverage.

If I was this little girls mom, and there was all this charity coming in, I would use it to help not only high light my missing child, but one OTHER missing child daily till my child was found.

They have so much publicity, they can really do some good right now.

the whole story has annoyed me alittle, as since the little girl went missing some 300+ kids in UK alone have gone missing but none of them get this media attention. I think the parents were idiots for leaving such young kids alone while on holiday. they should not bother going on a family holiday if they dont want to take kids out to dinner too,
Couldn't have worded it better myself

Louise i see were you are coming from, there is something not right about all of this

Maybe I should have worded my post a little better, as it seems I may have offended a few of you. That was not my intention at all.

yeah ive been brought up in a family that kids come first, if kids cant be taken some where the parents just dont go. i cant imagine leaving alana in 1 years time to baby sit, thats freaks me out

We all make mistakes and have different ways of parenting ...

To say that the parents have some involvement is slander.

Would rather not have anymore comments like that made thank you.

Oh c'mon Imi that was more than a bloomin mistake, I personally see it as neglect!!!
I would never dream of leaving my kids in bed and going to my mums who is closer than they were, when having dinner

If that had happened over here social services would have been in like a shot and the remaing children taken in to care

We all have opinions on this and i don't agree with leaving kids either i mean look what i did a few mths back regarding nextdoor!

BUT ... Saying that the parents are directly involved is Slander and im sorry but comments like that shouldn't be made.

yeah ive been brought up in a family that kids come first, if kids cant be taken some where the parents just dont go. i cant imagine leaving alana in 1 years time to baby sit, thats freaks me out

I agree, if my parents were invited to a party and kids werent allowed they wouldnt go, if they went for a meal i would go to, i would never leave a child on its own, i haven't been following the story but have heard bits n peices, i cant understand why seeing the pope would make any difference.
I don't think it will have a happy ending to be honest, i hope to god i am wrong though.

I really dont wish for this to cause any sort of debate/argument. Maybe I should totally erase all of what I have just written as I dont wish to get personally attacked for something I could maybe have worded a little better...

Thats very true Imi
I personally don't know what i think where the parents are concerned but like i said someting about this just doesn't seem right and i can't put my finger on it

i agree they never should have left her and stand by louise for that but agree with imi,i get too emotive thats why i didnt comment further.
bex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->