For those who have been pregnant before....

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Lyns, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Lyns

Lyns Mama to two <3

....how many HPT's did you do in that cycle before you got a positive?

I have a daughter and my BFP for that pregnancy was on my first ever HPT....oh how times have changed. :rofl:

It's a huge psychological thing now for me....I feel if i pee and its negative that I must be out....

So come one, how many tests did you do in your lucky cycle, before your :bfp: ladies?

2. wishingonastar

wishingonastar Well-Known Member

only one test for me but then it was unplanned and i was already a few weeks late!

3. Loo

Loo Mum of 2 and one on way

I did one on 14dpo and it was the faintest line ever, so had to repeat it 17dpo and was BFP.

Didnt stick unfortunately, but praying it does next time!

4. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

not much good but 2...i was already late and did a normal pregnancy test...couldnt read it so i bought a digi and did :bfp:

5. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

I did one on the friday to days over due got a:bfn: and then had a :bfp: on the sunday!

6. srm0421

srm0421 Mom & PG

With my other Pregnancies that I MC I believe I only tests once and with my son I only tested once because I swore I was not pregnant. Thats why when I take one and it says no I loose all PMA cuz they showed up so easily before. Good luck.

7. Tracy B

Tracy B Well-Known Member

with both of mine only one test
    never had a neg and I was pg
    only faint line with second until four days late but still a faint one
    So im in the same frame of mind as you, if its neg its neg end of story x

8. misstrouble

misstrouble Slowly going Insane!!!

When we were trying for #2 I was obsessed and tested every month for 18months and they were all :bfn:. A few weeks after I had been told that I probably wouldn conceive naturally I realised that I had gone 7 weeks without :witch: . Didnt think that it would be a :bfp: but had to rule it out, and to our amazment it was a :bfp:

9. lisalove

lisalove Well-Known Member

My first I had :bfn: on the Weds (3 days b4 AF was due), then :bfp: on the Mon. My 2nd time I never tested until I was about 1 week late and got an instant :bfp:

10. Sambatiki

Sambatiki Finally a Mummy!!

I tested when late and got a :bfp: not sure how many days late though! But was also a surprise. But poor beanie didnt stick.

11. diva4180

diva4180 Well-Known Member

With my first he was unplanned and was 5 days late. Tested and got instant and dark BFP :) With this one, I tested at 10DPO (this was cycle 11 and in the beginning of my TTC journey I would test early but quickly nixed that as it would be negative and AF would proudly show so this was the first cycle since like, cycle 4 that I had tested early).

12. csmummu

csmummu Home to Charlie.

I truly cant remember.. i know i knew i was pregnant when i concieved !! we only BD once in the month and i knew i still cried even when i got my :bfp: she was tried for too...

so lyns.... we feeling positve ??

13. baby.love

baby.love Guest

With my DD i tested on the day AF was due and got a :bfn: so i left it a few days and got my :bfp: when i was 5 days late, and funnily enough i was 5 days late with my DS and only had the one test which was done at the Dr's.

14. Lyns

Lyns Mama to two <3

Nope.....our timing was BAD this month. Hubby's business trip was planned for Ov CD16/17 and i started getting Ov pains and +OPK's on Cd12...the day he went away. So we have a big gap in our BD'ing from CD12 to 15!

So much so I've even ordered next months Pre-seed!