• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For those with other children - Being jumped on

Mya209

Reaction score
So I'm pregnant with my second so never had to worry about this before

What's the low down on being jumped on and picking up your older children?

I'm assuming its totally fine but is there anything I need to be aware of?

It should be okay to pick up your other lo. I see that you have a 3 year old. I'd try not to pick her up too much, but that's me. I think it's fine to do what you're doing as long as you don't get crampy, but it might be harder as your belly grows. As for getting jumped on, I'd just explain to her that mommy has a baby in her belly and that she needs to be gentle. Unless you're spotting/cramping, I think it's okay to continue with your normal activity, but it's also important to get the rest that you need!

its 100% fine hun dont worry too much. DS1 has special needs to it was hard for us to explain to him why he couldnt be as rough.. but my whole pregnancy i was picking him up and he was jumping on me or playing on my belly. This time round is just the same.. but with 2 of them lol. My children love to climb over us if we lie on the floor and ill not stop them doing it. I do ask them to be a big gentler but I wouldnt completely stop them.

Unless it causes you pain/cramping/spotting then just carry on as normal. the amount of times i bumped my tummy during both pregnancies not one thing injured either of my boys. Infact jumping children are perfect for waking baby once further on if they are being a bit too quiet for your liking xx

Thanks. We just don't want to tell her there's a baby in my tummy until 12 weeks, as she won't be able to keep the secret do I didn't want to address it directly with her yet.

I'm sure after she knows she'll be gentle as she's very caring

you do need to be carefull not massively but my midwife advised me not to lift my son if avoidable hes 3 and a half and autistic with global development delay and hypermobility and hypotonia so hes quite floppy when lifted hes also big for his age
just be careful obviously watch there feet near your bump etc if they are playing i put my arm out to keep harrys feet away

emma

I'd avoid severe blows to the stomach but more for later on as everything is still all tucked away right now. A few knocks and bumps wont hurt.
If you are used to picking up and carrying a toddler then you're fine, but be aware your more likely to pull a back muscle whilst pregnant and later on you have balance issues.
I'm trying to carry ds less often now so that he doesn't feel like when I'm carrying the baby he's been pushed out.
Xx

I don't lift my 3 and a half year old but have to lift my 18 month old regularly. He's 30lbs and like a deadweight lol. But we have to do it and our bodies were used to lifting them before so should be fine during. Its your back you have to be careful of not the baby.

As for jumping on you they can be a bit rough and they're pretty well padded in there especially early on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->