Foreigners

Similarly, I've had some of the most disgustingly ignorant comments levelled at me about my own roots and heritage. Because people say something as a 'joke' doesn't make it any less offensive.

Perhaps the work ethic in this country is totally wrong. Rather than blaming people from overseas 'taking jobs'...and I hear this from everything from people washing cars to doctors...perhaps the UK should be examining its own approach to life, and doing some soul searching.

Naturally, racism exists on both sides...and any show of racism from any nationality is unacceptable. What upsets me is how often casual racism is accepted...

This is what I was trying to get at how we don't need immigrents to keep our country afloat when there is 2.5 million people in this country on job seekers shows we don't need anymore people in

I wasn't trying to say we shouldn't have migration just that we should now slow down before this country is filled to the brim

Generally people on the dole tend to be British through and through

In dundee the place is rife with dirty leeching junkies and all sorts hanging about, beggin, stealing etc etc

Also in dundee are many Indian, polish, lithuanian, Pakistani workers. Yep workers.

Theses workers are not preventing the majority on the dole from getting a job, a huge percentage don't ever want one

The reason our dole bill is so high is nothing to do with immigrants and more to do with the lazy arsed people who were born and bred here

WOW - I wont bring up previous happenings - sorry ive been working and obviously missed a lot -

another reason that we are over populated and not just this country but the world - is because human's of all race and colour are over populating it - the amount of babies people are having has rose incredibly in the last 50 years - just as many people move out of britain as they do move in so excepting 'foreigners' in this country isnt making us over populated as such if you look at it from that view point.

natsku - thats terrible!!!!

ALSO - i am really trying to thank all your post's but it keeps sending me to a page that says you do not have permission.... blah blah blah - its very long winded and a bit hit a miss - so i do apologise and thank everyone who has posted and posts in the future! x

WOW - I wont bring up previous happenings - sorry ive been working and obviously missed a lot -

another reason that we are over populated and not just this country but the world - is because human's of all race and colour are over populating it - the amount of babies people are having has rose incredibly in the last 50 years - just as many people move out of britain as they do move in so excepting 'foreigners' in this country isnt making us over populated as such if you look at it from that view point.

natsku - thats terrible!!!!

this is very true we are having more babies and living longer however if you look at the statistics there are always more people immigrating to emigrating every year roughly adding 200,000 a year onto an already rapid growing population.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migr...istics-quarterly-report/august-2012/msqr.html

Most of the people claiming "foreigners" are stealing their jobs are the ones to bone idle to work. :dohh:
Infuriates me.

That article was based on 2002 figures so could be wrong now.I dont see how on £37.70 a week,the people I see around our area can afford gold jewellery,cigarettes,quinny prams and nike trainers amongst other things I wouldnt be able to buy.

How do you know that though? how can you tell somebody's background just based on their looks? because they're migrants should they then be dressed in rags so that they fit this idealised image of them better? I don't understand when material possessions affected someone's opinion on whether somebody should be here or not like they are some how less entitled to things because of it, I wonder if you give everybody the same scrutiny.

You put this so much more eloquently than I ever could, completely agree!

I am a "foreigner" where I live :smug: In fact, many uses of my language (English) is actually illegal, written into law. I think those who harbor such racist and rude ideas should come live with me for a week and you tell me how it feels to be told to "go the fuck back to XYZ...."

The dumpster at the gas station by my house has spray paint saying "ENGLISH GET OUT"

I am a "foreigner" where I live :smug: In fact, many uses of my language (English) is actually illegal, written into law. I think those who harbor such racist and rude ideas should come live with me for a week and you tell me how it feels to be told to "go the fuck back to XYZ...."

The dumpster at the gas station by my house has spray paint saying "ENGLISH GET OUT"

Woah, I did not know there was so much tension in quebec! Do you like living there in general? Despite the French-Canadian xenophobes of course :haha:

Woah, I did not know there was so much tension in quebec! Do you like living there in general? Despite the French-Canadian xenophobes of course :haha:

TBH I hate it :( I really miss Vancouver.

The vast majority of people here are very nice but it only takes one asshole to hurt!

We had statements like that sprayed on our windows when I was younger. Absolutely terrible. I will be getting the "fuck out" pretty soon, right after I finish my MA. Which btw I fully paid for.;)

We had statements like that sprayed on our windows when I was younger. Absolutely terrible. I will be getting the "fuck out" pretty soon, right after I finish my MA. Which btw I fully paid for.;)

Oh dear Lina!! Where are you from??

(Oh good for you for not scrounging your MA :smug: Haha....)

Ah aliss I'm sorry :( do you have any long term plans to move again?

Ah aliss I'm sorry :( do you have any long term plans to move again?

THanks!

Yeah we're thinking of New Brunswick. We're in a tricky bind as my OH is French and part of his job (government) means he is required to be in certain locations only (like when we lived in BC he was the token French guy that they were required to have LOL).

There are some days I just want to leave Canada hah!!!

Noooooooooo don't leave Canada, think of the poutine and fudgsicles!

Noooooooooo don't leave Canada, think of the poutine and fudgsicles!

Man I actually ate poutine yesterday too!!! :sick: I can't leave Canada, my OH hates the rest of the world :haha: But I would love to visit the UK again!! :)

My OH's family are foreign and Muslim so the worst of two evils lol. Its a big myth that foreign people get the housing. Most foreign people I know have had to wait longer than anyone to get onto council and housing association lists; my in-laws have been on the list since 1994 and never got anywhere, most of them also don't claim any benefits. Consequently they have been living in sub standard privately rented accommodation and I have seen one of the landlords threaten my MIL and BIL telling them to falsely claim HB or else he'd kick them out for not being able to meet the rent. We also know a guy from a similar background as my in-laws and he was living in a horrible tower block with damp and on the 12th floor and he has kidney problems so had to go up and down the stairs every day at one point for his dialysis as the lift was almost always broken. After many, many years on the list this family were finally given something else but they certainly were not seen as a priority, in the meantime the gentleman's health had deteriorated so badly.

Racist people half make me sad; half make me laugh. One time a couple of years ago this racist family (they all had neo-nazi and confederate tattoos) got given a place here and somehow didn't come to view until the day they moved in, they looked absolutely horrified when they realised that most people here are 'foreign', you could see them recoil in horror when the little kids rode past them on their bikes but it was too late as they'd obviously signed their tenancy agreement and came with the moving van. Whoops.

Oh and btw those poppy burners are not mainstream Muslims and they are a bit like the westboro baptist church in the US. If no-one gave them the oxygen of publicity they would go away. Some people believe that they are being used, directly or indirectly by the government for intelligence purposes. Every mainstream Muslim I know including the very strict, religious groups speaks out strongly against this group-which btw only consists of around 15 core members and a handful of stragglers. There are now around 2.7m muslims in the UK anyone who judges them on one crackpot group is very foolish. Its like saying Nick Griffin represents all Christians just because he claims to be one. xx

My OH's family are foreign and Muslim so the worst of two evils lol. Its a big myth that foreign people get the housing. Most foreign people I know have had to wait longer than anyone to get onto council and housing association lists; my in-laws have been on the list since 1994 and never got anywhere, most of them also don't claim any benefits. Consequently they have been living in sub standard privately rented accommodation and I have seen one of the landlords threaten my MIL and BIL telling them to falsely claim HB or else he'd kick them out for not being able to meet the rent. We also know a guy from a similar background as my in-laws and he was living in a horrible tower block with damp and on the 12th floor and he has kidney problems so had to go up and down the stairs every day at one point for his dialysis as the lift was almost always broken. After many, many years on the list this family were finally given something else but they certainly were not seen as a priority, in the meantime the gentleman's health had deteriorated so badly.

Racist people half make me sad; half make me laugh. One time a couple of years ago this racist family (they all had neo-nazi and confederate tattoos) got given a place here and somehow didn't come to view until the day they moved in, they looked absolutely horrified when they realised that most people here are 'foreign', you could see them recoil in horror when the little kids rode past them on their bikes but it was too late as they'd obviously signed their tenancy agreement and came with the moving van. Whoops.

Oh and btw those poppy burners are not mainstream Muslims and they are a bit like the westboro baptist church in the US. If no-one gave them the oxygen of publicity they would go away. Some people believe that they are being used, directly or indirectly by the government for intelligence purposes. Every mainstream Muslim I know including the very strict, religious groups speaks out strongly against this group-which btw only consists of around 15 core members and a handful of stragglers. There are now around 2.7m muslims in the UK anyone who judges them on one crackpot group is very foolish. Its like saying Nick Griffin represents all Christians just because he claims to be one. xx

To be honest I think half the posts of poppy burners and such like and just made up by racists of everyone to turn on Muslims.

Oh dear Lina!! Where are you from??

(Oh good for you for not scrounging your MA :smug: Haha....)

This happened in holland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->