Foreigners

I hate these sorts of status'.

The thing about not being allowed to do nativity is mostly rubbish, and in the places where it has become true, it is usually someone wanting to stop someone possibly getting offending not Muslims, like claimed, saying oh dont do ntivity I am offended. Usually some guy in the council who says oh this might offend someone so we wont do it. A tiny example, M&S gave the children at my Mum's work loads of advent calenders, my Mum was walking round giving them out and was just about to go into a childs room who is Muslim and someone said oh you cant give him tht he is Muslim its for Christmas and worse it has a pig on it (percy pig) it might offend him :dohh: My Mum gave her a bewildered and said it might offend him if I leave him out too, I will just ask. So she asked and the Dad was delighted as was the child. I think that, that is the sort of thing that happens.

I work with children and 99% of the time parents of other religions have no issue what so ever with celebrating christmas and easter - even coming to watch the nativity and giving out christmas cards and giving the staff gifts - the only group we have that dont is the johava witnesses - personally in my experience those of the muslim religion are more supportive of it and like their child to participate and learn about other religions and cultures.

also

I can not stand when people put pictures up saying 'share this with pride' - then mention muslims burning poppies and then say 'most people will not have the courage to re-post' etc ---- WHAT STUPID IGNORANT KNOB HEADS!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Haha smelly, that gets me ranting too x

But I don't think I'm ignorant for feeling that extremists ( as I know it's not the majority of Muslims) are being completely disrespectful towards the service men who have died and are still fighting to keep our country free and what's wrong with being proud to belong to a country that has a good army to protect us and are willing to fight and die protecting other countries cillivians

If they want to burn a poppy fine do it their back garden not infront of the general public during a 2 minute silence where people are showing their respect to the dead and still fighting survive men and women

Like I said I find it disrespectful just like I would find burning a Koran in front of a mosque disrespectful I don't see how that makes me ignorant

because it's all about context, incidents like that are always taken out of context to push an agenda. You can be outraged by something without needing to turn it into a them Vs Us situation or that it's somehow religious driven. What has the actions of a small group got to do with the country's immigration policy even more so since most of them were British citizens? if actions of a small group were taken that way for everyone then by default the minority of Brits abroad causing violence and being drunk should mean that in those countries they want to kick all foreigners out too to the land of foreign (because lets face it people with those views don't know much about the people they discriminate against to go into particulars) it must also mean all Christians are violent drunks as so many refer to us here as a Christian country.

Of course it doesn't work that way, but you can't have it only one way either. What is disrespectful is people turning a misguided and offensive protest into a cheap political one with hateful and ignorant message, I really don't know which is worse.

But it was religious driven.
I suppose people just dont understand why if extremists like that hate the west so much they would want to live here born here or not :shrug:

you have to remember people will believe what they read in the newspapers they wont always do more research into it and lets face it some of the newspapers don't paint a pretty picture on immigration lol and i suppose some people may feel if we didn't have immigration to begin with then we wouldn't have those extremists here. Although british people are far from perfect :dohh:

I suppose people just dont understand why if extremists like that hate the west so much they would want to live here born here or not :shrug:

you have to remember people will believe what they read in the newspapers they wont always do more research into it and lets face it some of the newspapers don't paint a pretty picture on immigration lol and i suppose some people may feel if we didn't have immigration to begin with then we wouldn't have those extremists here. Although british people are far from perfect :dohh:

But how is that okay that people don't research and base their opinions on misleading stories? And of course there would be extremism even if there wasn't any immigrants, extremism isn't just a 'foreigner' thing you know, remember the IRA?

Plus a lot of extremists are born and raised British, so where exactly are they supposed to go? You are totally over simplying the whole issue, a lot of men that become extremists were initially vulnerable and easily exploited teenagers.

I do think because they happen to be Muslim (not even proper Muslims for that matter!!) people hate them more than they would if it were white, British people burning poppies because of how they've been portrayed in the media as terrorists.

Totally. Even if it's not conscious, it is still racism. When it's a white Muslim the general tone is that the white person has been 'stolen'. It disgusts me tbh.

You don't have to be foreign to be extremist, we have as the pp said plenty of those here, even a few which use being British as the excuse - groups like the BNP and EDL spring to mind.

You don't have to be foreign to be extremist, we have as the pp said plenty of those here, even a few which use being British as the excuse - groups like the BNP and EDL spring to mind.

Yes totally agree no extremist group is correct however can you call any of the groups rastist or is it that everyone is allowed freedom of speech and own opinions

Then why arent extremist Muslims allowed freedom of speech and to express their opinion like the EDL? Because they're 'worse'. Even though the EDL do prett vile things themselves.

But how is that okay that people don't research and base their opinions on misleading stories? And of course there would be extremism even if there wasn't any immigrants, extremism isn't just a 'foreigner' thing you know, remember the IRA?

Plus a lot of extremists are born and raised British, so where exactly are they supposed to go? You are totally over simplying the whole issue, a lot of men that become extremists were initially vulnerable and easily exploited teenagers.

Because how are they supposed to know what is a misleading? And not everyone has loads of times on their hends to make sure they get the correct information how does anyone really know what they read is correct or misleading where ever it comes from?

Then why arent extremist Muslims allowed freedom of speech and to express their opinion like the EDL? Because they're 'worse'. Even though the EDL do prett vile things themselves.

They are though they have plenty of rallys usually the same places that EDL go I don't like either of them

Because how are they supposed to know what is a misleading? And not everyone has loads of times on their hends to make sure they get the correct information how does anyone really know what they read is correct or misleading where ever it comes from?

Oh please, are you seriously saying that people who don't believe thinly veiled racist articles have too much time on their hands?! Even by just properly reading some articles you can tell how it has been twisted, I think people have to have innately xenophobic views to happily believe all the ridiculous 'pc gone mad' anti immigration stories in the papers.

That article was based on 2002 figures so could be wrong now.I dont see how on £37.70 a week,the people I see around our area can afford gold jewellery,cigarettes,quinny prams and nike trainers amongst other things I wouldnt be able to buy.

How do you know that though? how can you tell somebody's background just based on their looks? because they're migrants should they then be dressed in rags so that they fit this idealised image of them better? I don't understand when material possessions affected someone's opinion on whether somebody should be here or not like they are some how less entitled to things because of it, I wonder if you give everybody the same scrutiny.

I said 'the people I see'.
Not everybody.
At my childrens school and in our area there is a very diverse population and some of the czech parents who recently came over to seek asylum,are who Im talking about.So yes I know thy're asylum seekers.Lou said they get £37.70,I didnt know that.I am simply saying,if they do,I dont know how they afford these things.You only have to sit in the library here(which is connected to the housing office) to see them all come in with their interpreters,claim whatever they can and walk out speaking perfectly good english,and jumping into their bmw outside.

They are though they have plenty of rallys usually the same places that EDL go I don't like either of them

What I mean is that it seems like the Muslim groups will always get viscious and irrational things said about them and so much anger towards them in comparison to the EDL if you get what I mean? And I think it's probably because of their race/religion.

Do you have to be poor to seek asylum in the UK? Genuine question b/c I'm not from there, but here, we have a fair amount of asylum seekers that are not in poverty, they are here for political (etc...) reasons.

What I mean is that it seems like the Muslim groups will always get viscious things said about them and so much anger towards them in comparison to the EDL if you get what I mean? And I think it's probably because of their race/religion.

yes it probably is but its probably because in the wider society they are a minority.
If a group of extremist went to a higher populated Muslim country burning a koran im sure they would get more backlash then the extremists who are saying the westerns shouldn't be here. lol

Do you have to be poor to seek asylum in the UK? Genuine question b/c I'm not from there, but here, we have a fair amount of asylum seekers that are not in poverty, they are here for political (etc...) reasons.

as far as i no you have to be in fear of your life back home (running from war, corrupt government). i suppose if you weren't poor you could afford to buy an actual visa rather then entering the country illegally

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->