Forgot how awful first tri was :(

MissMymmy

Reaction score
Feeling incredibly sorry for myself :cry: but I'm 6w5d and suffering awful all day nausea where I feel like I'm just about to be sick and this is accompanied by cramping in my upper stomach.
terrible cramp in my thigh which wakes me up continuously throughout the night and backache which never goes away.

I have no support from my mum who didn't have MS with any of us so tells me to just 'get on with it' and to stop moaning cause I'm ruining Christmas and I shouldn't have got pregnant again if I can't cope with it.

My OH lives 2hrs away and I've not been able to see him since this hit full force as I can barely leave the house. He is getting annoyed as obviously he just doesn't understand and we had to cancel a weekend away together which he couldn't get a refund for and I don't think I'll be able to get to the early scan tomorrow as it's an hour on the train.

I just want this trimester to be over 😞

It is so tough. I can imagine it is even harder when you don’t have support around you. I suffered from constant nausea (at 13 weeks it is starting to ease slightly) and I have lost track of how many times I have cried on oh because I felt so horrible. It feels like it is going to last forever when you are in the middle of it.

Take it easy, don’t put too much pressure on yourself and hopefully you will be feeling a little better soon.

I feel for you. My OH didn’t really get it either.

I was 6 weeks when mine kicked in and I really struggled to do day to day things, I ended up going to the doctors and getting prescribed cyclizine because it was unbearable. It made me super drowsy but it did take the nausea away. It stopped at 9 weeks but I still have the cramps in my stomach :S

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I hope that things improve soon :hugs::hugs:

I totally get it!!! I was diagnosed with HG this pregnancy and the never ending nausea was god awful. I couldn't even lift my head up without wanting to run for the toilet. My issue is that I never could get sick. I would just dry heave all day. No clue why but it was the same with my first pregnancy too. Some women just have horrible MS while others have normal (can it really ever be normal) to no MS. My MS started at 6 weeks with DS#1 and 3 weeks this time with DS#2.

Cewsbaby your sickness sounds exactly like mine. I was diagnosed with HG too but mine was mostly unrelenting nausea and dry heaving. I've only actually thrown up about four times and it didn't do anything to quell the debilitating nausea, unlike when you're sick when throwing up actually makes you feel better. I've been put on anti-sickness meds, which I feel guilty taking, but I know it is better that I take them so I can eat rather than starve or dehydrate myself and the baby. Even on the meds though I have a hard time functioning my sickness is so bad. I'm going through the worst part now and my house really needs cleaned but I can barely take care of my children right now, never mind the house (I also don't have much outside support). The first trimester is a tough time and like you OP I absolutely hate it. I'm counting down the days until the second trimester when I can start feeling like a normal human being again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->