Formula tips needed!

I used to make up 24hrs worth in one go as well
I would leave the water to cool in bottles then add formula then into fridge ( i know your not meant to but 9 years ago with Em thats what we were told so nerrr!! and i did same with jack LOL)
To bring to temp i always stood them in a jug of hot water

Thats what I do but if making one up fresh now,I put in 2oz's of hot water from kettle and 6 oz's cold (previousley boiled I keep in a selaed jug) and that makes it just right temperature without faffing about heating up.

When Melie was on 5 bottles a day I made all up and kept in fridge for no longer than 24 hours but now she is on only 2 bottles and one breast feed I make fresh.

Bex.x

Thanks Bex. That's a good idea to mix cold and hot together.

I found formula feeding pretty easy. I used to make the bottles for the day but after a month of doing that- i just made them as they were needed. They are good for 1 hr just setting out and 24hrs (i think) in the fridge. I never boiled water either nor sterilised (but it seems like everyone in europe does that? i just threw mine into the dishwasher lol) - i used bottled water. I didnt heat them either but Jack wasnt used to getting warm milk so it wasnt a problem too much. I HAVE heated his bottles (when i refrigerated them) in the microwave for 10secs and shook them then gave them to Jack, never had a problem with it. Oh and we use the powder formula - i just shake it til i dont see any chunks and stuff on the bottom. He wouldnt take the pre-made and over here where i am, premade is alot more expensive! I'm pretty quick at making bottles so it was never really a hassle for me.

Good luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"