formula

I first introduced a bottle of FF at about midnight when Harry was about 3 weeks old. It wasn't without guilt and worry though, but came after a good few nights of having so little sleep that I was exhausted. Hubby would give the bottle of FF so that I could get a bit of sleep. I had tried to express, but at 3 weeks could barely get 1oz out after sitting pumping for a LONG time.

We're currently trying to wean Harry off boob during the day and on to FF for when he starts at nursery.

I leave OH and her with a bottle of formula if i want to go out for a bit. Have a bottle on hand in changing bag at all times cos she never feeds very well in public (prob cos she doesn't like to be covered up)

I started giving Meadow formula at 4 weeks. It is the best and worst thing I could have done. Due to me having a pretty bad time at home shes now on 80% formula 20% boobie. Im soooo disappointed in myself that I started giving her formula. One bottle turned into two and then two turned into three and so on. I find bottle feeding easier but I wish I hadnt started it.

I first give alfie a bottle if formula when he was 6 weeks old so me and dh could have a night out as I could only express 15 oz for 12 hours and he was on about 18-20 oz in that time period. He now gets ff every so oftern but not every day and only 3-5 oz when he gets it and topped ip with mummy juice. I am glad I did as I know if for any reason I had to stop BF he will not be fussy and go hungry and get upset :)

Yes every day since he was 5 wks old.

I wish I didn't have to, just becuase I wanted to "exclusively bf" however I did not have enough milk and he was a very big baby but apart from that I'm happy and I know he will take a bottle of either formula or expressed milk if for any reason I have to leave him.

I had to give Alfie a bottle of formula when he was a few days old cos the stupid midwife at the hospital told me he was starving so i panicked, if i knew then what i know now i wouldn't of, it makes me so angry!!!!! I cried the whole time i was feedin him it too :cry:, it still breaks my heart now

I'm amazed at the responses...it seems like everyone's breastmilk came in much sooner than mine and in quantities compatible with LO's appetite.

I had to complement with formula since the very start and still do, even though I'm expressing about 12 oz a day...

I was topping up to start with until about day 10. I saw a LC and she was really supportive. I decided I really wanted to EBF so I ditched the top ups and rode it out for a couple of days tll my supply caught up. I now only use formula on the rare occasions when I havent managed to get my 10 ish oz of BM per day that I like OH or DD to give her in a bottle each evening. :D

I have used it when I haven't been with my LO - so about 4 times, twice when I have been working and twice when I have been out for a night. I started expressing early on, but I couldn't keep it up as I could never express as much as I wanted and I am not patient enough.

Hayden never had a single drop of formula, never had a bottle of anything at all, he didn't have anything but water in a sippy occasionally until he was about 13-14mo old only breastmilk :D

Yes i have just started giving her 1 bottle a day for her afternoon feed, i am going back to work in a few weeks so the 2 daytime feeds she has need to be bottle feeds.

I had to top up from a cup for a couple of days when Isaiah was born as he was getting dehydrated. As my milk properly came in I stopped. I've now just started giving an odd bottle as I'll start weaning him off boob at 3 months and I wanted to make sure he's happy taking it from a bottle

he got 20 mL in the hospital after he was born, then no more until last month - I ran out of freezer stash and was away from him on a job interview, so my Mom fed him some formula. He's had a couple of bottles of it here and there since then.

I haven't. However, when it comes to breast milk, I have been lucky with supply and latching on and stuff. I think if you have issues with supply, then topping up with FF would be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->