Found out I have incompetent cervix.

AmyLouise89

Reaction score
Been in hospital past week and had to get my cervix stitched at 19 weeks emergency cause bag was bulging out...it was a MIRACLE! By the time I got into surgery I was fully dialated and barely any cervix to stitch..for 30 minutes the ob surgeon said he just said "Lord it's in your hands now" and suddenly the membrane went back in enough for him to put in 2 stitches...i'm on strict bedrest..only bed, peeing/pooping (lots of laxatives so i don't strain/push) and a shower sometimes. I'm only 20 weeks tomorrow...just would love everyone to please pray for me and my baby girl..I lost one baby girl because of this last year same time and didn't know what caused it and I don't wanna lose another. Thanks!

Oh gosh hun - that is so scary, but I am so glad they were able to stitch your cervix.

I will be praying for you and your baby girl. xo

I'm sorry for your loss but best of luck to you and LO, sounds like you are both in good hands, I can't imagine how nerve wracking it must be for you. I will keep you in my prayers x

Definitely praying for you, hun. Sounds like God had a hand in this....He's taking care of you and your little one for sure! :hugs:

I am SO praying for you because I have a somewhat similar situation!! You stay in bed and keep that baby girl in!!

i have read up on this procedure when i first found out i was pregnant and i wanted to know everything i could about pregnancy and i remember coming across some info, it usually has a good sucess rate so i hope u can take some positive from that. Make sure u rest hun, and get every1 else around u to fuss and do everything for u - ok !!!! keep your chin up and stay positive, take each day at a time and look after your emotions as well as your body because its stressful enough being pregnant without any complications adding to that stress so try and take your mind of it and be peacful so u dont get to emotional and over whelmed

I remember you worrying about this a while back, and that your Dr wouldnt do a stitch until this happened twice! I couldnt believe it,and for this reason, that it could happen again, and its better that he take the precautions anyway! I will pray this baby girl can hang in there for several weeks!

Oh no! I will pray and you will be in my thoughts. Have faith, and everything is going to be ok. Keep us updated . . . and have everyone do everything for you!

Sending many prayers and thoughts. I know how scared you must be, just rest and try to think positive.xoxoxoxo :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I would suggest that you talk to them about anti-biotics to prevent the risk of infection after the operation. When I had my stitch put in at 21 weeks and so many days with my lil boy Corey after losing a lil boy at 18 weeks gestation previously they put me on 4 weeks of anti-biotics. They may 'cause thrush but it's worth it just to keep infection out. Also I had and I am having progesterone pessaries to prevent cervix from shortening. Maybe suggest these to your consultant. They're messy but they worked for me last time. I had the after I had stitch put in up until 32 weeks and I'll have them up until 32 weeks again this pregnancy. I carried until 39 weeks last time. My cervix was checked this pregnancy at 24 weeks and it was shortening again that's why I'm back on progesterone. I'm now 29 weeks. Hope I've helped and hope your lil one stays put!

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way :hugs:

Thinking of you and your little girl, I pray that everything will go well xxx

Oh my goodness, I hope things go well for you over the next few weeks x

Fingers and toes all crossed here for you. Hope the stitches worked and that baby stays safe xxx

lots of prayers sending your way hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->