freaking out- feel like a biffer!

beatnick

Reaction score
I just have to get this off my chest. I am in week 7. My body is starting to change already and its really worrying me.

I am starting to find my jeans uncomfortable and just have that pms bloated uncomfortable feel. I just want to wear something loose and comfy. I can do them up and they are fine on my legs but they just feel like I am straining them when I sit down.

My mum has asked me if I am further ahead than I think! My hubby has said that I am starting to pad out (although he is incredibly supportive and sees this as the joy of child bearing) but I feel awful.

Is it too early to be changing? I am scared my nausea diet (what ever I can stomach) is making me put weight on and I am simply growing due to a poor diet. I am eating little and often but cant manage too much- especially strong flavours.

I only have to sniff chocolate and I put weight on. Im worried I am going to get HUGE and only be able to wear a mu mu for the rest of my life.

I just bought flannelette pyjamas in peacocks today as I cant face sitting in my jeans. What is happening to me?! I cant wear these to work!!!

I am also suffering really bad consipation (i get this quite often normally but it seems to be full on- prune juice is not even working very well!) and I feel like I am stuffing a tesco bag with a duvet everytime I eat.

HELP ME!

do you think the constipation is bloating youxxxx

I haven't been doing up my pants since week 4! I wouldn't stress right now too much, what's important is that you are eating when you can.

What made me feel way better was a belly band. Now I don't do up my pants, people can't tell and I'm comfy!!! And that's what matters.

Hopefully others can help you with constipation, I've had the opposite problem since my BFP.

me either when i was 7 weeks my pants didnt fit its all bloat anyways

oooh im intrigued too...ive had to go out and buy stuff sizes too big for me, just to do up the waist! where can i get a belly band?!

Im DEFINATELY feeling your pain right now, and im on the same diet as you!! I apparently have lost weight but got a ton of flab and skin coming from nowhere .... :(

ive been bloated and uncomfortable in my clothes since around 6 - 7 weeks, also i started eating like a horse then lol xx

https://www.careapparel.com/images/1080 full (292 x 440).jpg

This is what I feel like wearing.

Beatnick, I shouldn't laugh but you're so funny!!! lol That's how I feel too. My hubby just came home looke at me in my leggings, long vest top, zippy jumper and slippers and said 'ooh, very sexy' cheeky git!!! haha Just aswell I have a sense of humour!!!! lol

Hi Hunni
Everyone is different so try not to worry. I didn't know I was pregnant with my 1st till I was 10 weeks, I just thought I had some virus making me feel ill and put on weight :dohh:. However, all the weight I put on was in the 1st tri, it's just your body padding you out to prepare you for the most important thing in your life. After the 1st tri I just stretched and the only weight I put on was bubba's and fluid! Enjoy the amazing changes your body is going through!!

i think my main concern is that I am gaining weight for the wrong reason- as my bean is the size of a pea.

My husband keeps telling me that its normal and my body is getting itself organised. I think I just need someone (who knows what they are saying and what I am saying) to tell me this is ok.

I cant believe I am sat here in flannelette pyjamas.

you can get the bump band cheap in new look i bought a set and they seen me right through as i was self concious abut showing my extra beef :) i am sure i will be buying another pack shortly! :hugs:

Yup, me too. I'm not eating much at al due to the MS I have had but just seem to be beefing up!! DH says I'm not getting a fatty, just round the tummy (thanks) so it must just be all the changes. I normally eat way more and stay the same. I'm totally off chocolate, can't stand it a the moment, can't remember my last bag of crisps, so who knows!!!! Just one of those things me thinks.

https://www.careapparel.com/images/1080 full (292 x 440).jpg

This is what I feel like wearing.

This made me roar out loud! I feel your pain! My only saving grace is that leggings and log tops are still in fashion! I bough some bigge ones from next for 8 quid and they are tight round my gut already and baggy on the arse!

I look a state at the minute and feel enormous! FYI i was a nice size 12 before I got preg. None of my jeans fit which makes me cry!

I even bough some size 12 maternity 'over the bump' jean but I stood in front of mirror trying them on and they fell right down because I dont have a bump yet to keep them up! no fun! lol x x

arf I feel so much better for posting on here. Its sanity here isnt it!

My jeans still do up on the same belt hole but I seem to be hanging out all over the place. Its like I have a barrell round me.

Its silly as my clothes still fit but I just feel really uncomfortable.

Cannot bear the thought of tights and that tight bit round the waist. May have to invest in some leggings and some sort of smock dress that looks vaguely fashionable. I cannot succombe to a velour tracksuit.

I had three glasses of californian prune juice yesterday and trumped my way round town. But they didnt do much.

Have just found a prenatal excercise class starting in january near me. Silly thing is I am a dance teacher. Perhaps thats making me feel worse? most of my students are the size of one of my thighs.

Honey it is normal for things to feel uncomfortable around your waist, even though they still fit, they just feel tight and uncomfy.
Your not going to get super huge and there is absolutly nothing wrong with you.
Don't focus on the weight, not unless your jumping a dress size each week.
As for the constipation drink pear juice mixed with cranberry juice. pear juice is far better than prune juice honey.

Ah what you said about hating things around your belly rings so true with me!! I HATE wearing tights now which is hard as that's pretty much my winter wardrobe! It is almost certain that you are just bloated which is completely normal but it is softer than a bump so can make you feel more 'flabby' whereas when your bump kicks in it'll probably be firmer and smoother if that makes sense. Even though our babies are tiny at this stage, we will be suffering water retention, constipation and all manner of lovely symptoms so don't beat yourself up! I realised early on how cruel it is that before you need maternity clothes for bump you practically need them just for bloat!! I also find it hard as my tummy is normally very flat and toned. I just keepy telling myself it's for a good cause lol. I also suffered with ms and I do think this makes you feel crappier in yourself. I'm feeling a bit better now and hope you to soon xxxx

I have given up for the most part. I bought one pair of jeans in a larger size and have gone to wearing windpants/ sweatpants, etc...but it works for me because I am a PE teacher. I put on 10 pounds in the first 6 weeks but haven't put anymore on since but my belly is getting bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->