Freaking out!

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
I'm 17weeks and 4 days but not feeling pregnant at all. I understand this is normal during second trimester but I'm hating it.... I was getting a few flutters since 14 weeks ish but that has stopped for the last week now, I thought they should be getting more frequent? My belly has also gone really soft, like jelly if that makes sense? I can't find babies heart beat on the Doppler but my placenta is attached in front of baby so that could be why? I'm not hearing much movement noises either if the gushing of blood to the placenta. I did the last week, I head baby moving round so wasn't concerned I couldn't find heartbeat.... :(

I need reasurrance please!! Docs don't want to know cause I'm not in pain or bleeding (I suppose that's a good thing)

Sorry for the moan ladies. I just feel like crying all the time, pathetic right?im just terrified of something going wrong after trying 8 years to get here!!

Sounds like baby may have changed positions, I would try not to worry. I have days now where I don't feel mine hardly then some days it's almost constant. As for finding the heartbeat that could also be due to babies position and I've never used a Doppler myself as I know it would make me worry if I couldn't find baby. I'm sure all is fine but if you are worried give your midwife a call for peace of mind.

Thanks emzyja. I keep thinking babies probably moved round the back or something but I still freak out. I only use the Doppler once or twice a week half the time I forget I have June lol. It's not a great piece of kit to be honest.
I don't have a number for my midwife either :( they are based at my doctors surgery so if i need them I ring the surgery. With it being Sunday they are closed. :(

You can speak to the mw's at the hospital you are booked in at. Usually their triage maternity unit, but I'm pretty sure it's a office hours type of thing.

I would hope that if you explain your circumstances etc they will be able to offer some advice or even ask you to nip in and check in on baby.

This time around I didn't feel like I was pg until 18-19wks when baby started kicking and my jeans became impossible to wear lol

What type of Doppler are you using? X

I had this happen movement pretty early followed by weeks if nothing. My guess is the baby moved positions or is behind the placenta which is bigger now. I'd be freaking out to if I couldn't find the hb but try to remember it's still early for dopplers in the uk the midwife won't use them before 16 weeks and even then warn you they might not find it.

You can speak to the mw's at the hospital you are booked in at. Usually their triage maternity unit, but I'm pretty sure it's a office hours type of thing.

I would hope that if you explain your circumstances etc they will be able to offer some advice or even ask you to nip in and check in on baby.

This time around I didn't feel like I was pg until 18-19wks when baby started kicking and my jeans became impossible to wear lol

What type of Doppler are you using? X

Thank you. I'm using a angel sounds Doppler. I just tried again and managed to find it briefly. Very low down in my pubic area. I thought baby would of moved up by now. I guess I just need to try and stop worrying. Easier said than done though ay.

Thank you again

I had this happen movement pretty early followed by weeks if nothing. My guess is the baby moved positions or is behind the placenta which is bigger now. I'd be freaking out to if I couldn't find the hb but try to remember it's still early for dopplers in the uk the midwife won't use them before 16 weeks and even then warn you they might not find it.

The midwifes have struggled to find it too cause of my placenta. I guess I'm just going to be a worrier.

Thank you.

It's totally natural to worry, sweetheart and especially when you've been trying to get to this stage for so long. If you found it, even briefly then that is great. Your wee monkey is just all over the place and being a bit shy. Hope you can relax a bit now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->