Free Bounty disney baby books??

GypsyDancer

Mummy to Zach <3
Reaction score
Has anyone accepted the offer from Bounty for the "free mickey mouse book case and books?"
It seems abit of a con to me as you end up having to pay to send them back if you dont want them??

I got a call from bounty telling me theyd be sending them..tbh i had zach in one arm fidgeting and just wanted to end the call so didnt really pay attention and agreed but now im wondering whyyy lol

Has anyone had them and are they worth the money?

Seems abit annoying that you have to pay to send them back..i cant imagine the postage is cheap if theye hardback covers..
also if you send them back..do you still get to keep the 2 free books and bookcase?
Then again theyre not really free in the end are they?

:shrug:

(EDIT: Btw its not that im cheap and dont want to spend my money on zach ahah, ive already bought him aload of books and tbh you can get disney books everywhere i just dont want to be trapped into paying for something that isnt worth it )

It is a con, so many people complain that once they cancled it and refused any more book they suddenly started getting debt recovery letters.
The company that they hire to recover the debt are even getting fed up with them because they are just harrassing people to have the books.

I hung up in the end because the person wouldnt take no for an answer and they phoned back 7 times.

Also I went and bought the books from a child charity shop afterwards and only paid £5 for the whole collection, id much rather some place like that got he money.

Oh dear! I better ring quickly and tell them i dont want it
Im worried now!
I wonder if they have a voice machine i can leave a message on? ahah..

I left a message on the answer machine saying i dont want them anymore ahah :blush:
Hope they get it before sending anything
Thanks for letting me know x

They harrassed me too :/
in the end i said her Nanny is buying her her first books and i don't want to offend her, OKAY!
So rude harrassing people grrr!

i just told them no i dont want theem they tried to say it was a good deal but i still said no

weve not had any yet x

I fell for it :dohh: I never fall for anything. But like you I had LO crying annoyed the phone went so just said yes. About a month later I recieved four books the two free ones and the two I had to pay for.
Well wrapped them up sent them back (was about 2pounds) wrote a note saying I want to cancel my book order. Also said that I had copied this as proof of my cancellation.
Didn't hear from them.
Month later, received a letter saying I owed 8pounds for these books. I thought great hear we go!!!
Called them they said that they had received my cancellation and not to worry.
I haven't heard from them since. Hopefully.
Just write to them if they send you the books saying you want to cancel it photocopy that so that's your proof. :flower:

I did it and get two books a month - I love them - they are fab and at £8 a month imo really worth it. The case is a bit pants but they have a lovely collection of books now and I dont have to think about it. xx

Bounty do this a lot, catch you when you are a new mum and flustered so you'll just say yes.
They phoned me several times reading off a script. That was the last straw for me so I contacted bounty and complained at the calls, crap through my door and the rude inconsiderate bounty photographer at the hospital.

I got no apology, just confirmation they would remove my address from their database, but tbh by that time it's too late, they've sold your details.

I haven't touched a bounty pack this pregnancy.

I got them for DS1 thinking id get the freebies then cancel it! I was then inundated with book, even after i called to cancel. They continued to come! The case is utterly crap as it bends when full. So many people have given me these books as they have got them too. Car boot sales are full of them too, generally in hardly read condition. Id personally not bother with the offer and get them else where if you want them. The company are what makes the offer crap, not the actual books. They are worth £4 each, but the harassment u get, id want them for free, lol!

They were rubbish, i cancelled them. My mum says they were rubbish even when i was little :haha:

My SIL had gotten them for my niece and likes them. I think she still owes some of the money, but hasn't said anything about feeling harrassed.

that is why I never give out my phone number - it was probably an option??
I always give my old number (cut off years ago - changed networks) or my landline (old landline, when we moved to a brand new house the number we got allocated had only recently been recycled by BT and we always got debt agencies chasing some bloke - wouldn't believe I didn't know him so I give that one!!).
I also have a hotmail 'junk / spam' email account and a spam free friends, family, ordering email account....
I hope you dont get bothered by them x

It's a con. They did it with my mum, she ended up paying LOADS of money for books she didn't want! It's a horrible trick

Forgot to mention same happened with my dad when i was little.

I appreciate some people aren't in favour of the quality of the books and choose t discontinue receiving them, but surely saying they're a con is a strong statement? A con to me would be paying for a service/item and not getting that service/item.

No doubt the telesales reps who call are likely pushy, but they do have a script to follow and if you're not in the position to speak to them (tied down with baby responsibilities) then surely you can just excuse yourself from the call? I would say that claiming they "trick" you is a bit extreme.

It's also the exact reason why I NEVER buy over the phone or from door-to-door solicitors.

No doubt the telesales reps who call are likely pushy, but they do have a script to follow and if you're not in the position to speak to them (tied down with baby responsibilities) then surely you can just excuse yourself from the call? I would say that claiming they "trick" you is a bit extreme.

several phone calls to a flustered new mummy is rude, when you think about what Bounty are meant to be all about. Not all mums understand that they are reading off a script, and don't give a monkeys what you are doing as long as they get a sale. It's pretty disgraceful for them to do such a hard sale, and in my case they didn't just call once.:shrug:

It's a lesson to us all what details we give out. Bounty often look reputable because it's the midwives that hand out the packs, so it's no wonder some people don't think twice about putting the details down to claim the further packs in pregnancy for the 'freebies'. They are simply selling out details on to everyone that advertises in those packs and more.

I try to warn others now not to fall for it.

several phone calls to a flustered new mummy is rude, when you think about what Bounty are meant to be all about. Not all mums understand that they are reading off a script, and don't give a monkeys what you are doing as long as they get a sale. It's pretty disgraceful for them to do such a hard sale, and in my case they didn't just call once.:shrug:

It's a lesson to us all what details we give out. Bounty often look reputable because it's the midwives that hand out the packs, so it's no wonder some people don't think twice about putting the details down to claim the further packs in pregnancy for the 'freebies'. They are simply selling out details on to everyone that advertises in those packs and more.

I try to warn others now not to fall for it.

I think this is the most important piece to take away from this. I never give down my correct e-mail or phone number unless it's a professional organisation that I WANT to be contacted by...so my employer, my bank, and anyone who has anything to do with the health/care of my child.

We get debt calls all the while from people looking for the person who used to have this number and it's gotten so bad I won't even answer the landline anymore because if it's someone important, they have my mobile and will call that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->