Freezing homemade food

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
How long homemade baby food be kept frozen? A week? Month? More than that? If it lasts a long time I think I'm going to start making it in the next few weeks when I see fruit and veggies on for a good price

up to three months from some of the things I've read, thought a lot say to use in a month

I know a lot of people do it but for me it wouldn't really be any more convenient to freeze baby food, because I cook a meal most days anyway. What I do is just cook some extra veg for baby at the same time as ours then use some that meal and keep some in a small tupperware in the fridge for using in the next 2 days or so.

see I could do that but I want her on a 100% organic diet...which we don't eat here. i'll have to buy special food for her and do it up

I thought it was 6 months for fruit and veg and 3 for meats, I wouldnt leave them longer than a month though (it never lasts that long anyway as she gets through quite a lot)!

I cook twice a week for Lincoln, so its not so boring for him,lol
I cook most days for myself and OH and it's easy enough for me too cook so often and I think it's good for LO to have different food all the time

It really depends on what kind of freezer you have babe. If it's only an ice box in the top of the fridge then only a week but if it's a proper freezer and the temperature is correct and below -18c then a few months is fine:happydance:

Here's a link for Annabel Karmel, she errs on the side of caution and says 2 months but 3-6months won't do any harm as long as it's stored in airtight containers and the freezer is the correct temp

https://www.annabelkarmel.com/age-range/babies-6-9-months/features/freezing_food

oh thanks, that website looks great!

I think maybe in 2-3 weeks I'll start making some up. I'll be starting her on food somewhere in her 4th month so it shouldn't be so bad

annabel karmel says one month I just read it in her book as I was worried too and she says to microwave to really hot and let cool rather than just heating to the right temp!

I usually make big batches of fruit and veg, put it in wee freezer bags, write the date made on them and how many feeds in each bag. I'm sure you can freeze for a few months but tbh you will go through that much I dont think that you will have it in the freezer for very long! Mines are usually used up within the month or so.

yea u got to make it really hot at first then let it cool.u have to do tht cos of bactera

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->