freezing

FLUMPY1984

Reaction score
Hello i just want a bit of advice please.

I am going to wean my little boy as of today as hes ready for it.

I am making up batches of fruit/veg and im using the annabel karmel ice cube tray and the happy mummy little plastic pots.

I just wanted to know if i leave them in the pots/trays permanent or will have to transfer them to freezer bags once they are frozen??

Thanks in advance xx

The annabel karmel tray...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Annabel-Ka...EKJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296480811&sr=8-1

The happy mummy pots...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Happy-Mumm...DTO2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296480811&sr=8-2

I don't know if it's ok to leave them in those containers as I'm not familiar with them. I freeze Clara's food in regular ice cube trays and then transfer them to freezer bags marked with the date the food was made and what the food item is (all the different orange foods look the same frozen lol).

Thank you hun for taking the time to try and help. i may transfer them to freezer bags just in case. the pots are covered with lids etc but will transfer to be on the safe side x

Hi.
I use the same pots and you can keep the purees in the pots in the freezer, you don't have to transfer to the bags, it's your choice.
I make all my own veg and fruit purees, place them into the pots and put them straight into the freezer after they've cooled.
Every night i take 3 pots of puree out of the freezer for the next day and place into the fridge to defrost over night. You can then put the pots into the microwave to heat for 30 seconds and then leave to cool and give straight to your Lo from the pots.
My Lo is 7 months now and i weaned at 6, he;s been fine. Hope this helps. xx
P.s, don't forget to use sticky labels to label your pots!!!. x

Forgot to say.... the pots are freezable and microwave friendly and safe to use. It stated this on the labels. xx

I would pop them out into a tub/freezer bag once they are frozen as you can then use the tub again to make some more!

Also...dont make too much. If LO is 6 months they shouldnt really be on purees too long - say just a few weeks max, however any leftover veg purees can be used as pasta sauces and any fruit purees can be added to cereals etc.:flower:

Thanks very much ladies thats brilliant advice and a big help. Hes 5 months next week but ready for it as his milk isnt satisfying him anymore so will see how he goes. Once again thank you very much for all your help x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->