French toast ~ Eggy bread?

everhopeful

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering when you can give your LO french toast/eggy bread. HAs anyone tried it with their LO? I am looking for some breakfast inspiration as I feel he is getting a little bored of his porridge. Any other ideas would also be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance!
xx

I would wait until a year since they aren't supposed to have egg whites? (I'll need to double check but I think it's the white...I might be wrong haha) until a year old. Unless you just use the part they can have. But remember no maple syrup until then either, so just plain :)

Thanks for that. I've not heard about egg whites being a problem over here in england but thanks for the advice.
xx

We've done it and they went down very well, depends on how worried you are about the egg thing....to be honest if you don't have a history of egg allergies in your family then you should be ok - you can always just use the yolks if you are really concerned. Omelet and scrambled egg always go down really well in our house (my LO is one in 2 weeks but has been having eggs for some time now with no ill effects). How about toast with fruit puree spread on top or just butter? LO is past 6 months so there is no reason why you couldn't do weetabix/rice crispies/cornflakes with cows milk (unless you have allergies) - but I wasn't sure if you just wanted finger food ideas !

We do this for a quick lunch quite often - Dylan loves the stuff. We don't get told to wait until over a year for eggs over here.

Krissie - how long have you been doing that for? I really wanted to give him some french toast but I am not sure when I can??
Thanks
xx

The egg rule i dont get it wasnt around with my older children ...lily loves scrambled egg and shes 6 months ...sure if its lion stamped i cant see the harm

Think it will be fine to give. Rosie loves scrambled egg. the only thing I would be worried about is what its cooked in? maybe fry it in olive oil and dab it in kitchen roll to make it healthier :) x

ye i'd lightly fry it and kitchen towel it too. i love eggy bread.

rhys loves pancakes, the ready made ones and homemade, crumpets, yoghurt and fruit, toast with marmite, scrambled egg, for breakfast, sometime i mash half a banana in his porridge

I cook it in a tiny bit of sunflower oil. It doesn't soak up the oil like fried bread so I don't see an issue with it. It's not every day and he loves the stuff.
I've been doing it since he was about 7 months, because he is funny about eating the white's of boiled eggs and I thought this was a good way for him to have egg without it being scrambled. As long as your LO is over 6 months and is ok with finger foods then I think it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->