Frer issues?

Princessoforo

Reaction score
Im curious if any other ladies have had any issues with FRER???

I ment to grab one of my frer ovulation test, and accidently grabbed a prego test. But the prego test showed a very very faint positive. Took another test thinking that one was a dud, and another faint positive. Theres no way for it to be positive, im supposed to ovulate yesterday or today.

So, anyone else having issues???

Attachments

• 20150504_114026.jpg
    20150504_114026.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 68
FRER are known for having deep indent lines , which is the antibody strip which will turn pink in the presence of HCG if its a clear line with no color then its just the antibody strip and should be counted as a negative.

I've had issues with FRERs recently too. Last cycle I got these and thought it was the beginning of a bfp, but they never got darker. I still can't decide if it was a chemical or just really bad indents. I'm over it with FRERs. 3 years ago when I was ttc #1 they weren't this bad, they've definitely gone downhill :growlmad:

Attachments

• 2015-04-28 05.44.22.jpg
    2015-04-28 05.44.22.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 2015-04-28 05.48.34.jpg
    2015-04-28 05.48.34.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 31
Are you sure you didn't conceive last cycle, possibly very late? Faint lines *could* mean indents or EVAPs but two in a row? If it were the cheap $1 tests then I would scream EVAP right away... I've gotten so many EVAPs with those its ridiculous! I would try re-testing in a couple days or so.

I guess i could have conceived last cycle. Anything is possible. My period was kinda wacky. But my doctor recently diagnosed me PCOS, so i just assumed it was that. I took another frer this morning, and still got that same weird line. So im assuming it has to be a nasty indent thats collecting dye. Called the company and they swear its a positive. But im not so convinced.

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e352/PrincessofOROD/20150507_093111.jpg

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e352/PrincessofOROD/20150507_093100.jpg

I realize this thread is older but I had to chime in because I absolutely detest the new FRER design for so, so many reasons. I'm so sad because this was my GO-TO brand for my first two kids - they gave me BFP's on 10-11 DPO with both.

Since they've gone to this new 'comfort' design, they suck, basically. The curve in the stick creates a glare on the results window - and the curve also often causes the plastic on the window to stick to the absorbent stick underneath and make a wet spot that obscures results. And the indent lines/evap lines? They're ubiquitous and annoying...I've had a line on every test I've taken for the last two months.

And all this so that I'm 'comfortable' for the five seconds I have to hold this thing in my urine stream? Ooookayyyy...

These used to be the best on the market...now, I won't waste my time and money. I'd even take a blue-dye test over this, lol. Sorry for the rant, but I feel your pain!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->