FRER Only Test Showing Pos

lis7219

Reaction score
Looking for a little help/guidence here. 18 DPO and AF was due 5 days ago. Waiting until AF was 1 day late to test (15DPO). Used the strip from internet, negative. Tried FRER faint pos. Waited 2 days (17DPO) tested again wtih strips from internet negative. Tried CB Digital, negative. FRER again showed pos, darker this time.

At 15DPO both tests were taken with FMU. At 17 DPO strips and CB were taken with FMU, but FRER was taken later in the morning (after several bathroom trips).

DH and I have been TTC for 10 months and we had a CP about 3 months ago, so worried it might be happeneing again. Or that something else is going on.

Will test again at 19DPO...but just wanted another opinion. I know CB Digital can be unreliable that early, but the internet strips as well? (they're the Fair Haven BFP)

I've attached photos of the 2 FRER tests. Top is the first one taken at 15DPO and bottom is the second one at 17DPO.

Could i just be a bad batch of BFP tests? The FRER are from two different batches. (first test was one I had left over from CP, second was a new one i just purchased that day)

Attachments

• 2015-02-22 10.39.00.jpg
    2015-02-22 10.39.00.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 127
Looking for a little help/guidence here. 18 DPO and AF was due 5 days ago. Waiting until AF was 1 day late to test (15DPO). Used the strip from internet, negative. Tried FRER faint pos. Waited 2 days (17DPO) tested again wtih strips from internet negative. Tried CB Digital, negative. FRER again showed pos, darker this time.

At 15DPO both tests were taken with FMU. At 17 DPO strips and CB were taken with FMU, but FRER was taken later in the morning (after several bathroom trips).

DH and I have been TTC for 10 months and we had a CP about 3 months ago, so worried it might be happeneing again. Or that something else is going on.

Will test again at 19DPO...but just wanted another opinion. I know CB Digital can be unreliable that early, but the internet strips as well? (they're the Fair Haven BFP)

I've attached photos of the 2 FRER tests. Top is the first one taken at 15DPO and bottom is the second one at 17DPO.

Could i just be a bad batch of BFP tests? The FRER are from two different batches. (first test was one I had left over from CP, second was a new one i just purchased that day)

Well I know FR tests are supposed to be the most sensitive and pick up even the slightest HCG levels... So Id say you're prego?!

Its def positive. If you have two lines its positive no matter what. Remember hcg takes its time to build up and each type of test has a different sensitivity. Frers are often very sensitive and most people get their very faint positives on it and not others yet. Your hcg most likely is just slow to rise.

Deffo Positive, but i would say that you ovulated/implanted a lot later than you think.

Try a digital in a couple of days time if you wish...

But its defy positive, lovely and pink :)

You're definitely pregnant, but you will have to wait a few days to test again and see if the line is still getting darker. My internet cheapie strips take a lot longer to get dark than FRERs. You could also call your Dr and go in for a blood test. Good luck!

Thanks ladies! Will retest again in a couple of days and see what happens!

Yea i would say congrates on your bfp hunni and id just stick to them test for now and maybe try a digi in 4 days xxx

Frer are supposed to be one of the most sensative. Digi tests I heard can take a bit longer to pick up your hcg. 2 lines definitely mean pregnant tho!

Thought I'd update everyone (because it always drives me crazy when there are no updates to things like this)...

7 days late today, 20 DPO. I've had tons of symptoms for the last few days. Mostly extreme exhaustion. However, I've also had lots of clear CM (way more than normal for me, few times I thought AF was here), sore boobs, mood swings, mild nausea & some low back pain.

This morning I took 4 tests using FMU (ept, FRER, IC & Dollar Store one) all of them came back negative except for the FRER. FRER still showed a line. However, the line was lighter than it was on my last test (at 17DPO). So now I fear I'm having another Chemical...

Will continue to wait and see what happens but the fact that I can't get any other test to confirm the FRER is really frustrating & the FRER lighter line is what's making me think it's another Chemical. I've attached a photo of this mornings FRER test...

What do you think?

Attachments

• 2015-02-25 07.43.24.jpg
    2015-02-25 07.43.24.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 40
Another update....

Today is 25 dpo and AF is 11 days late. Last week (at 20dpo) I decided to stop testing, thinking I was having another CP after I couldn't get any test beyond FRER to give me a BFP. Over the weekend DH and I went away...and all weekend I expected AF to start. When she didn't show her face by Sunday I started to wonder if it was a CP, or what was going on.

So this morning I decided to test again using FMU. I started with the dollar store test and the ICs...expecting them both to come back bfn. Well to my surprise...both were BFP!! So I immediately took out an ept I had & a CB Dig...both BFP! Then I went back to the FRER (the only test that showed BFP from the start) and the darkest line was there almost immediately! (photos attached)

Of course DH is away on business all week...so the drs will have to wait until next week.

So I must just be one of those people that produces low hcg at first...which is probably the only reason FRER was showing BFP, since it's the most sensitive.

Attachments

• 2015-03-02 07.42-vert.jpg
    2015-03-02 07.42-vert.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 42
Another update....

Today is 25 dpo and AF is 11 days late. Last week (at 20dpo) I decided to stop testing, thinking I was having another CP after I couldn't get any test beyond FRER to give me a BFP. Over the weekend DH and I went away...and all weekend I expected AF to start. When she didn't show her face by Sunday I started to wonder if it was a CP, or what was going on.

So this morning I decided to test again using FMU. I started with the dollar store test and the ICs...expecting them both to come back bfn. Well to my surprise...both were BFP!! So I immediately took out an ept I had & a CB Dig...both BFP! Then I went back to the FRER (the only test that showed BFP from the start) and the darkest line was there almost immediately! (photos attached)

Of course DH is away on business all week...so the drs will have to wait until next week.

So I must just be one of those people that produces low hcg at first...which is probably the only reason FRER was showing BFP, since it's the most sensitive.

Yayyyy congrats!!! That's so aweSome! 🙌

Thank you! Still cautiously optimistic but excited! :happydance:

Awwww Im so pleased to read your update congratulations xxx :happydance: :happydance:

Thank you so much for posting this. I have been experiencing the same symptoms but have yet to get a BFP. My days seem to match up with yours. I thought I was out but now I know I may not be. I had a very very faint line on an IC this morning but I figured it was my mind playing tricks on me. Lol You have given me new hope so i am going to keep testing.

thanks and congrats!!

Thank you so much for posting this. I have been experiencing the same symptoms but have yet to get a BFP. My days seem to match up with yours. I thought I was out but now I know I may not be. I had a very very faint line on an IC this morning but I figured it was my mind playing tricks on me. Lol You have given me new hope so i am going to keep testing.

thanks and congrats!!

Thanks! Keep testing for sure! You're not out of it until AF shows. It was so frustrating to see 1 bfp and everything else bfn, made me wonder if I was going crazy! Surprisingly once I decided no more testing & just anticipated AF showing up, the wait got easier.
The faint line on the IC is more than I got until today (you should post a pic of it...we'll let you know if you're going crazy or not)! Honestly, I would say try a FRER test. Good luck and keep me posted! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->