FRER out of case evap

elociN

Reaction score
Hi all
No idea how many DPO as my cycles changed after my youngest stopped breastfeeding (from 30-35 erratic and unpredictable to 26-29 like clockwork). So I would say I am anywhere from 9 to 11 dpo.
I have had a funny feeling today and bought a frer. Did it at work with one hour hold this afternoon and took it out of the case to make it more discrete (just started a new job a month ago, v small office and one peson is pregnant already and 2 more are trying so a lot of pregnancy talk.

I was sure I would see nothing but there seems to be a faint line. I have been pregnant 7 times including all my early and very early losses so I know that sometimes no line appears even out of the case no matter how much you wish it did.
Or can FRER not be trusted any more? Is there always a line?
2018-12-10_03-41-32 by elociN_5, on Flickr
2018-12-10_03-32-36 by elociN_5, on Flickr

I deff see that line!! Was it there before you removed it from the casing?

It was but not as bright. I am doing another one now, just curious

Second one is the same, very faint line getting darker as it dries out of case

I see *something* on all of them, but with the new FRER beware. All of the tests have a huge indent line now because the company purposefully puts it there. It's harder to tell if it has color while in the case, even at the 2 minute mark.

I've had more luck with the pink dye walgreens brand. It's fairly new for them, and I believe it is the same as the old FRER strip. For me they were positive when positive, and clearly negative when not. Do you have another brand you can try?

I see *something* on all of them, but with the new FRER beware. All of the tests have a huge indent line now because the company purposefully puts it there. It's harder to tell if it has color while in the case, even at the 2 minute mark.

I've had more luck with the pink dye walgreens brand. It's fairly new for them, and I believe it is the same as the old FRER strip. For me they were positive when positive, and clearly negative when not. Do you have another brand you can try?
Thank you, Yes I might try the superdrug one, as it has a good reputation so will prob try and test tomorrow. I have 2 FRERs with PINK "evaps now. I got engaged on Saturday and my fiance really wants a baby (we both have children but his are older (17 and 12)) I have just come out of a messy divorce so something happy would be nice :)

Here is a photo of the two together. The one of the right is the later more concentrated urine one (2 hr hold), and the line is clearer, the left one is drier but only a 30 min hold.
Am I or am i not...Gosh.
2018-12-10_05-57-08 by elociN_5, on Flickr

Looks like some of the bad indents I got, I hope u have better luck xxx

Wow they do look pink though hun

Fx they darken xx

Inverting them doesn't mean anything bc even evaps show up on inverts.

The second test does look darker but I've gotten some bad indents like that before. I think taking them out of the case right after causes the edges to get those dark pink spots. Maybe try another brand. I had good luck with the first response digital.

Sounding like a newbie here despite my years of compulsive testing :haha: but why do you take them out of the case? I’m so curious on this? Wouldn’t that make it exposed to the air so it would evap earlier .....or is that the idea? :shrug:

I saw a few posts on here last year where this member ran water over her test to see if the line stuck - I’d never heard that one before either?

Just curious! good luck to you!!!! I really hope you get the bfp you’re looking for and am always happy to support a fellow testing addict!! :flower:

I've taken my tests out as well to see what they were like after they dried just to see if the line was a bfp or evap. With the real BFPs they didn't turn into evaps obv

Did another one quite late last night (they are £6 for a two pack in superdrug at the moment so binging on FRER lol). There were no red stains on the edges and it produced a nice very very faint pink line. I am expecting a period today because I am feeling a bit yuck. But bought more FRERs and a superdrug own.

Sounding like a newbie here despite my years of compulsive testing :haha: but why do you take them out of the case? I’m so curious on this? Wouldn’t that make it exposed to the air so it would evap earlier .....or is that the idea? :shrug:

I saw a few posts on here last year where this member ran water over her test to see if the line stuck - I’d never heard that one before either?

Just curious! good luck to you!!!! I really hope you get the bfp you’re looking for and am always happy to support a fellow testing addict!! :flower:
Because I have line eye and it is easier to see out of the case when too early. In my experience (see signature for the number of babies) when it is negative taking it out of the case will not produce a line. But I have not tested for a couple of years so this might have changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->