Frer vs IC

Hope83

Me, DH, DS & DD :)
Reaction score
Just thought I share my experience in regards to using different test:
I've got a (faint) bfp at 9dpo on a Frer and the line has gotten definitely darker the following days.
Now I also used IC's starting 10dpo and though they showed up positive, I have yet to get a nice solid line...
Just shows the difference in sensitivity I guess but anyhow, the fact that the cheap IC's did pick up the positive at 10dpo is impressive considering how cheap these tests are in comparison to the Frer's.

What is your experience with the 2 different brands?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 60
It won't let me attach 2 pictures at the same time... Here's the comparison pic with the frer's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 42
For me the ic's were still giving me negatives at 17dpo. Took a clear blue and got a very faint line, took a first response and got a blazing postive. I was using one step ic's though, the blue handled ones. I carried on testing on them out of curiosity and it was 21dpo before I got a faint line.

For me the ic's were still giving me negatives at 17dpo. Took a clear blue and got a very faint line, took a first response and got a blazing postive. I was using one step ic's though, the blue handled ones. I carried on testing on them out of curiosity and it was 21dpo before I got a faint line.

Wow 21 dpo :wacko:
So Frer definitely seems to be the way to go if you're hoping for an early bfp :thumbup:

Congrats on your :bfp: !!!

I was still getting very faint tests when I got a CB digi positive 2-3 weeks. Same urine xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 20
With DS's pregnancy I tested with ICs every day until I thought I might be seeing something 9dpo in the afternoon then I did a FRER and got a faint but clear BFP. The ICs were the blue handled one step dip strips.

My next pregnancy I did FRERs and ICs every day. Thought there might be a shadow on the FRER 8dpo in the evening and 9dpo am. Got a clear BFP on FRER in the afternoon and by the then was something on the ICs but it wasnt clear. The ICs were also the one step ones but in the super narrow width that seems to he sold more commonly these days.

This pregnancy I was out of FRERs but had about 7 different brand of ICs to play with. I was pretty sure I had a BFP by the end of the day 9dpo. One brand inparticular showed very clear pink lines after the time limit but they were a bit shadowy within the time. Those tests had even given me a line 8dpo but only after the time limit. Most brands showed something by 9dpo and I think only one brand didnt show until 10dpo. Interestingly it wasnt necessarily the ones that claimed to be the most sensitive that showed the earliest. The one step ICs had a noticeable shadow by the end of the day 9dpo and a pink line 10 dpo but it still wasnt very defined.

On the whole I'd say I've only found a few hrs difference in the time between getting some kind of a line on ICs and a FRER. However FRER gives a much clearer crisper line much quicker. It takes two or 3 days for most ICs to have a nice defined line so they are harder to interpret.

As you can tell I am a POAS addict :). If I was a millionaire I'd just have a cupboard full of FRERs and start testing 6dpo with them. The one cycle I did it I got a BFP 9dpo so wasnt too bad but if you test from even from 8dpo until af and it takes you a few months to get pregnant it would really add up! If you are trying to get an early BFP on more of a budget I'd say testing early with ICs and having a couple of FRERs in reserve to check with as soon as you think you might see a line is a good compromise. If you are patient enough to wait a couple of days extra to make sure the lines are getting darker most ICs are pretty decent so its not like you must buy a brand test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->